So rant on F2P is mostly about some minor restriction

Slowpokeking

Action Bar, Mods, bank access, character slot.

I think it's ok to remove these because they won't make much money and only let people feel awful.

Give f2p 3 action bars, subs who returned as f2p 4.

Remove the mod limitation for subs who returned and new players who have at least 1 level 50.

Limited bank access for them.

Let subs who come back as f2p be able to access all of their characters, just not allow them to create new ones if they reach the limit already.

I'd rather they just set the bar restrictions back to 4, like when the game came out. Let subscribers have access to them all and everyone else the option to buy two more if they want it.

There's a fine line between restrictions that leave the game playable but have enough that people want to buy more, and restrictions that are just frustrating to anyone playing the game. This game has far to many of the later.

I'd rather they just set the bar restrictions back to 4, like when the game came out. Let subscribers have access to them all and everyone else the option to buy two more if they want it.

There's a fine line between restrictions that leave the game playable but have enough that people want to buy more, and restrictions that are just frustrating to anyone playing the game. This game has far to many of the later.

That's also good, I just think usually 3 bars are ok for most of the classes.

Im a subscriber so I have no idea what all the restrictions are but I say it should be...

Quickbars: 2 for F2P. 3 For prefered.

Character Slots: 2 for F2P. 4 for prefered (purchasable from Cartel if you really want the money EA)

Field revival droid: Same for F2P. Remove it for prefered. This one still boggles my mind.

Flashpoints/Warzone/Space Missions: Same for F2P. Increase to 5 per week.

Hide Head Slot: According to my friends this was also restricted. I say remove it for both F2P and Prefered because restricting this is just stupid.

Give experience boost to subscribers for additional incentives (added this because im getting lazy from leveling alts. Even with 25% experience boost)

I think this way will make prefered a viable way of enjoying 1-50 content withotu taking too much from subscribers.

Edited by Idunhavaname

Im a subscriber so I have no idea what all the restrictions are but I say it should be...

Character Slots: 2 for F2P. 4 for prefered (purchasable from Cartel if you really want the money EA)

Field revival droid: Same for F2P. Remove it for prefered. This one still boggles my mind.

Hide Head Slot: According to my friends this was also restricted. I say remove it for both F2P and Prefered because restriction this is just stupid.

Give experience boost to subscribers for additional incentives (added this because im getting lazy from leveling alts. Even with 25% experience boost)

I think this way will make prefered a viable way of enjoying 1-50 content withotu taking too much from subscribers.

Yeah, remove the restriction of Hide Head Slot and field revival droid as well.

Hide Head Slot: According to my friends this was also restricted. I say remove it for both F2P and Prefered because restricting this is just stupid.

I challenge you to play a Smuggler with just 2 quickslots. It needs to be 4 for F2P/Preferred with an additional 2 which are purchasable from the CC store if you want to buy it.

Edited by Tenceriker

They are intending to sell additional character slots(up to the current limit of 12, and perhaps more)

What's the big deal about the field revive droid? Most games don't have a self-field rez like that, and people are unlikely to die much while leveling anyways. Also, with so many people around its possible that someone will rez you, since unlike some other games it doesn't cost an item or something to do so.

I challenge you to play a Smuggler with just 2 quickslots. It needs to be 4 for F2P/Preferred with an additional 2 which are purchasable from the CC store if you want to buy it.

Challenge accepted and completed as Gunslinger! (unless you add stance bar as a quickbar).Only annoying part is you literally lose your first bar if you enter cover so you'll have to do alot of abilities readjustments.

Granted I actually did use 3 quickbars but 3rd one only had transport ,mounts, and some cooldowns (could have moved CDs to Bar 2). I also play a Jedi Guardian and I can tell you theres ALOT more buttons you need to push and IF you really try, you can actually reduce the quickbars you use from 3-4 to just 2.

It will be alot more uncomfortable of course but it's not impossible.

Edited by Idunhavaname

They are intending to sell additional character slots(up to the current limit of 12, and perhaps more)

What's the big deal about the field revive droid? Most games don't have a self-field rez like that, and people are unlikely to die much while leveling anyways. Also, with so many people around its possible that someone will rez you, since unlike some other games it doesn't cost an item or something to do so.

While what you say of resurrection works on the first 4 planets or so, it doesn't work out so well once people start slowing down because levels aren't being given to you on a platter.

Challenge accepted and completed as Gunslinger! (unless you add stance bar as a quickbar).Only annoying part is you lose you literally lose your first bar if you enter cover so you'll have to do alot of abilities readjustments.

Granted I actually did use 3 quickbars but 3rd one only had transport ,mounts, and some cooldowns (could have moved CDs to Bar 2). I also play a Jedi Guardian and I can tell you theres ALOT more buttons you need to push and IF you really try, you can actually reduce the quickbars you use from 3-4 to just 2.

It will be alot more uncomfortable of course but it's not impossible.

So you admit you cheated and still believe in what you added to the conversation? I don't even know what more to say.

The point of easing the restrictions isn't to say every F2Player can't play the game as it is, but rather it's a labor of pain more so than enjoyment. Sure, EA can continue to charge for things that should be in the F2P experience or they can concentrate on what items that add to the game and make players want to sub or buy from the CC for enjoyment's sake. A perfect example of an idea presented earlier would be giving extra XP to subscribers or purchasable from the CC store, and regular XP to F2P/Pref players. Another example which is actually in the game would be the Flashpoint/PvP/Ops weekly passes. These items are based around the concept of if you enjoy an element of the game why not subscribe to SWTOR or try it out for a week or every couple of weeks for CC.

Edited by Tenceriker

So you admit you cheated and still believe in what you added to the conversation? I don't even know what more to say.

The point of easing the restrictions isn't to say every F2Player can't play the game as it is, but rather it's a labor of pain more so than enjoyment. Sure, EA can continue to charge for things that should be in the F2P experience or they can concentrate on what items that add to the game and make players want to sub or buy from the CC for enjoyment's sake. A perfect example of an idea presented earlier would be giving extra XP to subscribers or purchasable from the CC store, and regular XP to F2P/Pref players. Another example which is actually in the game would be the Flashpoint/PvP/Ops weekly passes. These items are based around the concept of if you enjoy an element of the game why not subscribe to SWTOR or try it out for a week or every couple of weeks for CC.

Yeah, such annoying minor restriction is not going to earn them much money, mostly keep some players off, so it's better to add the bar to 3 for f2p and 4 for preferred or former subs.

Cheated? He didn't even know of your challenge when he did it. He played combat wise with only 2 quickbars to 50, which is exactly what f2p is supposed to offer players, and he didn't even have to, even though the extra quickbars were their for use they were so unneeded that he went without them. No access to quicktravel and such would've been a trivial change to his playing.

Im going to add emphasis on the "POSSIBLE" and the "If I wanted to I could have moved it to second bar". You claimed that you NEED (as in we NEED waster to survive as a living thing) and im saying it is POSSIBLE.

We all know the F2P restricions will not change simply because its EA but it might for prefered. I don't like the idea of limiting UIs and think it should be removed but we need to be on a realistic scale even for money hungry EA. If we just say "ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE FREE EVEN FOR FREE PLAYERS" I can bet you someone in the top floor of the EA building will start laughing.

And yes I do agree with the things you said that the frame for subscribers should be for interesting content instead of freeing yourself from restrictions.

Edited by Idunhavaname

Im going to add emphasis on the "POSSIBLE" and the "If I wanted to I could have moved it to second bar". You claimed that you NEED (as in we NEED waster to survive as a living thing) and im saying it is POSSIBLE.

We all know the F2P restricions will not change simply because its EA but it might for prefered. I don't like the idea of limiting UIs and think it should be removed but we need to be on a realistic scale even for money hungry EA. If we just say "ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE FREE EVEN FOR FREE PLAYERS" I can bet you someone in the top floor of the EA building will start laughing.

And yes I do agree with the things you said that the frame for subscribers should be for interesting content instead of freeing yourself from restrictions.

EA should look a bit further, let more players enjoy the game will bring them much more profit than these little restriction.

Action Bar, Mods, bank access, character slot.

I think it's ok to remove these because they won't make much money and only let people feel awful.

Give f2p 3 action bars, subs who returned as f2p 4.

Remove the mod limitation for subs who returned and new players who have at least 1 level 50.

Limited bank access for them.

Let subs who come back as f2p be able to access all of their characters, just not allow them to create new ones if they reach the limit already.

and maybe a once a week access to the galactic market (to purchase any items that don't require cartel coins) or at least give f2p player some cartel coins.:rolleyes:

and maybe a once a week access to the galactic market (to purchase any items that don't require cartel coins) or at least give f2p player some cartel coins.:rolleyes:

I think there should be no limitation for GTN access, since it will benefit the subs as well, more people put stuff on and more people buy it.

One restriction that they really need to leave in is the 200k/350k credit cap limitation.

Here's why:

CREDIT FARMERS.

I get the impression this is also the reason for F2Pers not getting to claim credit boxes from mission rewards. (If BW came out and said that, a lot of F2Pers would stop complaining about that issue because nobody likes gold farmers.)

Honestly, the F2P restrictions are pretty straightforwardly delineated into "reasonable" and "*********** stupid." XP/valor penalties and limits on FP/WZ/Ops are totally reasonable, it means a subscribed experience is faster and more convenient. For the others... "nickel and dimed" is a phrase I hear a lot, and that means the little, petty restrictions are discouraging play more than they're encouraging payment.