Disengage!!

Godlymuppet

For those who don't know what it is, it's a move that jumps you back 20 yards. Give us that on a twenty five second cool down and it would help immensely. You could even add a talent in each tree for it. One for five seconds off cool down. One for seventy percent move speed increase for four seconds after. One for roots the target you had for four seconds.

If we are to get an escape move as has been suggested that would be perfect. But you have to use it carefully near ledges, I saw many a hunter kill themselves using this by the lumbermill.

Edited by Godlymuppet

I think the ideal escape or way to disengage would be something like Zealous Leap like the Jedi Guardians have. We are a support class after all, how about letting us leap to our allies BW? Mercenaries would obviously use their jet-packs and commandos could use some kind of grapple or probe to bring us to the targeted ally. This way we could be a true support class because we could get to our allies quicker and take refuge with them when we start getting focused. No damage or tweaking necessary.

No this backwards leap is needed for the hole merc/commandos not just healer, just like operatives have in combat stealth and sorcs got force speed they are class based not spec based

Oh, I agree. I was just saying that if this leap were implemented, it could be changed depending on which tree you go. For example, you could have three different specializations, one for damage, another for stun, and lastly one for healing.

Immunity to pulls/grapples/leaps for six seconds after using? Bit pointless to put a bit of distance in if people are just gonna leap to you, or pull you back. Very risky, esp in Huttball. If it's supposed to be an escape, it has to be something that has immune to leaps (e.g. force speed immunity to controlling effects, or stealthers becoming mildly untargetable in stealth).

I agree that the grapple thing would be cool, but the leap back would be trouble. Leaping forward you know where you're going, leaping back into a fire-trap or pit is worse than useless, it's a liability.

Grapple to friendly is clever and fit's the trooper style of being a fighter and teammate, not a coward that runs backward.

And I still think we need to add something that makes our Heavy Armor not be the squishiest in the game (seriously my sniper can waltz through a melee better in light armor).

you want mobility play a vanguard. Commandos are only good at one thing standing still and killing things you dont need to move if your 29 meters from your target. What do you need a leap for, for the one melee attack you have. seriously...

i mostly agree with you, but i think you entirely missed the point of this thread.

the leap originally suggested in one that shoots the commando back x meters away as an escape mechanic.

another was to leap to a friendly ally

neither one of these suggestions are intended as dps tools

i mostly agree with you, but i think you entirely missed the point of this thread.

the leap originally suggested in one that shoots the commando back x meters away as an escape mechanic.

another was to leap to a friendly ally

neither one of these suggestions are intended as dps tools

The part highlighted in bold. 1.7 is rumored to have some changes for all classes and I know there is no shortage of people calling for overhauls in class balancing. Commando/Mercenary is reported getting some help with an escape mechanic. I think the most likely and most basic solution will probably be something like the Smuggler's Dirty Kick speed buff, but for our Stockstrike. The friendly leap or a (barrel!) roll I think is wishful thinking, but who knows. The last big class balancing was over six months ago in April (1.2) -- something is due. Time will tell what Bioware has planned.

The part highlighted in bold. 1.7 is rumored to have some changes for all classes and I know there is no shortage of people calling for overhauls in class balancing. Commando/Mercenary is reported getting some help with an escape mechanic. I think the most likely and most basic solution will probably be something like the Smuggler's Dirty Kick speed buff, but for our Stockstrike. The friendly leap or a (barrel!) roll I think is wishful thinking, but who knows. The last big class balancing was over six months ago in April (1.2) -- something is due. Time will tell what Bioware has planned.

yeah, i know. my commando and scrapper are filled lots of mixed feelings, but for now i'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic.

mostly what worries me is that the devs think 'commandos who play correctly and hug corners are hard to kill'

as if hugging corners is our method of survivability, not actual class skills.

also what i think is odd is every time i think of a good tool for us, it's something gunslinger already has. it's an example of a turret class done right.

a portable shield so we can hunker down and become an actual turret: immoble, but immune to interrupts, gain some protection, etc.

a speed boost on melee attack

flashbang

an AOE that can be placed anywhere and stay there (flyby, incendiary grenade) so we can stand inside it for protection

hopefully they give us something that makes us unique rather than takes from smuggler.