Snipers and Operatives need to be nerfed, here's why.

MasonMc

Yeah I know, sorry Slingers and Scoundrels. But guys come on... This class is so OP. Okay, I play as a Sentinel right now. And the amount of stuns this class has insane. So myself and another guy were playing Hypergate, this Operative stuns me once, okay, cool I can deal with that. So I pop resolute. Then he throws down a flashbang or whatever the F it is. Stuns both the Sage and I that were guarding the pylon, and is able to cap it while we're still stunned... That is crazy.

Then the same match, I was running away from the pylon because it was about to reset, this jerk stuns me once, I pop resolute, and he stuns me again right after... There was nothing I could do and the pylon killed me.. Like what BS is that? What? He just gets a free cheap kill? How unfair.

And Snipers... Oh don't even get me started with them. Okay so basic, you run up to them (Save the force leap for later because they'll knock you back) They knock you back, as expected. Can't move for like 6 seconds, by that point they've shot me once and 1/3 of my health is gone, okay cool. Then I force leap them. They stun me for like another 6 seconds. So I pop resolute. And he slows my movement speed down again and it takes me another 5 seconds to reach him by walking. And by that point I'm already dead... And that is how EVERY battle goes with them. And they can be immune to all stuns and interrupts for 20 seconds.. Like come on..

Like come on guys.. this is so unfair, please tell me at least someone agrees with me :C This is pissing me off.

Oh and please don't just say I'm bad at PvP, I'm fairly good. Got a 55 Vanguard with 54 Valor..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, stop attacking Snipers head-on with a Sentinel. Probably the stupidest thing you can do. Let the stealthies deal with them or Sorcs to dot them up then run away (and make them pay). Or if you're dead set on attacking them, use the environment to your advantage, don't forget about Camo and Saber Ward... you have tools though I repeat, Snipers are designed to kill non-stealth melee. That's how it is.

Operatives have one four-second stun, a 1.5 second knockdown if they're specced Concealment and an 8-second AoE mezz (shared with Snipers) that breaks on damage. The latter is extremely frustrating, I know, and very powerful for objective play but so is Awe...

Valor rank does not equal skill, it depends on nothing but the amount of games played.

I don't run straight up to them, lets say if they're guarding an objective. Or something like that. And yeah, I know Valor doesn't measure skill. I'm just saying I have enough experience to know what I'm talking about.

you dont.

why do you use your stun breaker on the first stun?

and you are talking about operatives. a sniper would not stun and capture, he would kill you and capture :-)

really its a l2p issue!

an operative is far from OP

1: sentinels are the worst class to guard a node, hands down, the worst.

2: Dont break first cc, ever, 4 second stun(looks like a kick to the jimmy, or your toon getting electrocuted by a knife.) doesnt help with objectives too much, its mostly used to get a few free hits, flash bang is more for healing/objective capping.

3: when you got stunned twice in a row from stealth, that was sleep dart, try not to use a CC break on either flashbang or sleep dart unless you have to. In your current situation, dying by the pylon blast is no big deal, no one benefits from it as far as I can tell.

Dying happens in pvp, your still in the learning bracket so you might feel godlike sometimes since your playing against people who dont use a lot of the abilities available to them(or simply dont have all the abilities because they are low level), but once you get to the 55 bracket your going to realize that breaking every cc that comes your way is a quick way to end up dead. You will also slowly learn the different CCs available to classes, and what stuns to break.

If this was a troll post...it kind of seems like one, i hope you die a slow death of kidney failure.

Edited by Haystak

Ah dear friend, I understand your frustration. I made a thread regarding the need for Sentinels to be buffed with another CC breaking ability because of similar problems with Operatives and Snipers.

The issue isn't the requirement for Snipers and Operatives to nerfed (they are actually VERY balanced right now) the problem involves the absence of Stun/Root breaks for the Sentinel class. To be honest, were a squishy atomic bomb that can be stopped in the middle of our "bombing run" by a simply knock back and a few roots. My solution - again - is for Bioware to award the Sentinel an extra stun/root breaking ability that is UNDER a minute cooldown ( 30 seconds sounds nice.) With the 2 minute stock CC breaking skill and an exclusive 30 second CC breaking button, other classes would require a slightly more complex killing strategy in order to destroy a Sentinel/ Marauder.

PS: Sorcerers have the same advantages with the Sentinel. My suggestion is to never attack a class of the Smuggler or IA tree - and on the same note - only ever attack a Sage/sorcerer if you have ALL of your damage buffing abilities up. Typically you can only win a sorcerer group battle if you manage to DPS to death within the first 6 seconds (Which is pretty easy if your running with the combat spec)

Cheers!

Edited by Elyons

Ah dear friend, I understand your frustration. I made a thread regarding the need for Sentinels to be buffed with another CC breaking ability because of similar problems with Operatives and Snipers.

The issue isn't the requirement for Snipers and Operatives to nerfed (they are actually VERY balanced right now) the problem involves the absence of Stun/Root breaks for the Sentinel class. To be honest, were a squishy atomic bomb that can be stopped in the middle of our "bombing run" by a simply knock back and a few roots. My solution - again - is for Bioware to award the Sentinel an extra stun/root breaking ability that is UNDER a minute cooldown ( 30 seconds sounds nice.) With the 2 minute stock CC breaking skill and an exclusive 30 second CC breaking button, other classes would require a slightly more complex killing strategy in order to destroy a Sentinel/ Marauder.

PS: Sorcerers have the same advantages with the Sentinel. My suggestion is to never attack a class of the Smuggler or IA tree - and on the same note - only ever attack a Sage/sorcerer if you have ALL of your damage buffing abilities up. Typically you can only win a sorcerer group battle if you manage to DPS to death within the first 6 seconds (Which is pretty easy if your running with the combat spec)

Cheers!

A 30second exclusive CC button for the sentinel/marauder??

Then I demand for my sorc a 30 second Force Barrier bubble that isn't static, with its CD refreshed everytime I get an assist.

I feel like you (the OP) thinks you should be able to beat every class every time. There are some classes that are much more difficult for your class to beat, as you've discovered. Better management of your cooldowns, like your cc breaker as others have commented, would go a long way to increasing your survivability.

Keep in mind too that not every fight is a fight to the death. If your not going to win, or you see them pop a very big cooldown, Force Camo and hide until it goes away.

Make sure you use your slow as your first move. It will decrease they're moving speed and most importantly, they're roll distance, allowing you to close the gap more easily. Depending on your spec, Force Camo breaks roots, or you have a second leap that you can use to reclose the gap.

You have tools. Use them better.

My solution - again - is for Bioware to award the Sentinel an extra stun/root breaking ability that is UNDER a minute cooldown ( 30 seconds sounds nice.) With the 2 minute stock CC breaking skill and an exclusive 30 second CC breaking button, other classes would require a slightly more complex killing strategy in order to destroy a Sentinel/ Marauder.

I sincerely hope you are trolling. Another 30s cc break on top of the 2 min cc break everybody gets is just comically op, especially on what is regarded as one of the best classes already.

All that i got from this thread is that he is un skilled. A person that plays senti, the best dps class in game is saying that a operative is op? sure buddy, let's not talk about your god mode, force choke(which is kinda a stun if u think about it) your regular stun skill, and the fact that you can slow people down to do insane damage.

Oh look, another lowest-common-denominator smasher crying for a nerf to a class he can't be arsed to learn how to beat, and clearly knows nothing about.

There you go, devs:

There is the mainstream of your PvP community.

Just delete PvP from this game entirely already, please:

It's become painfully obvious that this community is not worthy of a proper PvP game, even if SW: tOR had ever been intended to be one in the first place (hint: It wasn't. Not even close.).

What is this? a sentinel is QQing about not being able to kill a specific class? Get over it. Every class is supposed to have a counter. That's what makes pvp exactly that. Just because a class mechanic doesn't allow you to faceroll in pvp doesn't mean that a they should get nerfed or maras/sents should get buffed. You have charge, obliterate if you spec rage, your ravage/master strike immobilizes if you spec carnage, you have force camo, saber ward, endless rage, and the list goes on. You already have so much utility to close gaps and survive. Please, do not even talk about nerfing agents/smugglers because they are in a good spot right now. Maras/sents don't need a buff either. but rather you just need to learn your class.

I'm an assassin. Any class when played well can be frustrating beyond belief but I know how to take them out because I know the ins and outs of my class. Do some research and maybe you can be a decent warrior.

Edited by Hangslow

So your answer for operative and snipers being hard to kill is to make the sentinel have even more cc breakers have the highest damage(uninterrupted) and have a gap closer that goes through entrench. That doesn't sounds unfair at all.

So your answer for operative and snipers being hard to kill is to make the sentinel have even more cc breakers have the highest damage(uninterrupted) and have a gap closer that goes through entrench. That doesn't sounds unfair at all.

I'm not asking for that, I said nothing about have more CC breakers.

Oh look, another lowest-common-denominator smasher crying for a nerf to a class he can't be arsed to learn how to beat, and clearly knows nothing about.

There you go, devs:

There is the mainstream of your PvP community.

Just delete PvP from this game entirely already, please:

It's become painfully obvious that this community is not worthy of a proper PvP game, even if SW: tOR had ever been intended to be one in the first place (hint: It wasn't. Not even close.).

Jesus christ... you are such an idiot. First of all, I'm not a "Smasher" I''m combat specced, don't just assume I'm a smasher just because everyone else is.. Second, I can beat them. Never said I couldn't. Third, I'm just saying that compared to almost every class, a Sniper can just dominate them. Aside from a good Shadow. All I'm saying is for the Sniper all these little "steps" you need to take to kill them are ridiculous. No other class needs as much "care" to beat them. Get it? They can just dominate other ranged classes, they destroy melee classes. Only class that gives them trouble is a GOOD Shadow, but if the Sniper is equally skilled the Shadow could lose.

My point is, to kill a Combat Sent all you have to do is knock them back/stun them while they have the precision slash buff, that's it. Or with any Sent just knock them back/stun and we're screwed. To kill a Guardian, just simply out DPS them, no real special trick. To kill a Commando, all you pretty much have to do is interrupt grav round and they can't do much. Vanguard is the same/close enough to being a melee class. Sages, just interrupt them, that's it. Shadows can be a little tricky, but not bad. Just survive their first burst and it's okay. Get my point now?

And with Operatives... come on, anyone that hasn't played an Operative knows their stuns are annoying as hell and Operatives can be overpowered if a good player is playing as one.

Edited by MasonMc

Uh-huh.

In the words of Bill Cosby:

"Riiiiiiiight!"

Oh, and reported for personal attack. I'm done with you and your kind.

So why'd you respond back? Just to say you reported me? Yeah, real mature. Also you "personally attacked" me too. Man I hate you elitist people... So full of yourself.

So why'd you respond back? Just to say you reported me? Yeah, real mature. Also you "personally attacked" me too. Man I hate you elitist people... So full of yourself.

Even a cursory look at my posting history will show that I am the furthest thing from an "elitist," mate.

That I have standards does not make me an elitist, although I realise all too well that those standards preclude the vast majority of current-cohort MMO players.

3/10, troll better please.

Next!

Even a cursory look at my posting history will show that I am the furthest thing from an "elitist," mate.

That I have standards does not make me an elitist, although I realise all too well that those standards preclude the vast majority of current-cohort MMO players.

3/10, troll better please.

Next!

I'm not trolling, I have a pretty good argument here. And if you take a good look at the forums I'm not the only person. There are a lot of other posts about snipers/operatives being OP, or at the very least, annoying. And you might not be an elitist, but you do have a very high opinion of yourself and it just makes you look like an ***. "I'm done with you and your kind." Like... seriously? Nothing is wrong with my "kind", I'm quite intelligent. No need to say stuff like that, just because odds are, you're defending your class. (Which is reasonable)