Class with least amount of skills/abilities?

wallacejw

Hey guys, i'v been a clicker since i started mmo's, but thought it was time i started keybinding. I was going to start a new characters for this but wasn't sure what class had the least amount of skills. I don't want to be overwhelmed when trying to learn Keybinds.

I was looking for more a melee type class, How is JK Guardian?

Anyway just wondered what people thought is the best class to start keybindings with? IF you based it on the amount of skills/difficulty of the class.

Thanks a lot!

I'll bite, sorc/sage seem to be pretty good as they get the abilities to melee and range, so u won't use any of the melee abilities meaning less binds. Sniper/slinger aren't too bad for binding I would stay away from warriors, my marauder has 40+ binds and I usethem all and I've heard jugs are close to the same without having the priority, but all in all bro start a class you want and as you level you will get used to it. We get a new ability 1-2 levels sometimes a bigger spread so u won't get overwhelmed and you'll realize the potential of binding, GL and have fun I remember when I started on my lock years ago, it's a game changer

I would say Merc/Commando specced in middle tree.

50 dps commando:

sticky grenade

high impact bolt

grav round

incendiary round

full auto

mortar volley

those are the main keybinds. There are plenty others, including heals, etc, but the above is the basics.

Just remember, with any class, there are abilities that you won't use if you choose certain specs and some you won't use for pvp. You don't have to keybind everything just because you have it as a skill.

SWTOR is not "clicker friendly". If you want to be remotely competitive, you're going to need to learn to keybind. For example, you might *think* that Guardians are light on keybinds, but then you get adrenals, buffs, non-GCD abilities (meaning you need to hit them between GCDs to maintain DPS) and a host of target-plus-hit abilities.

Suddenly you're going "oh, I need to use a mouse AND keyboard, and the mouse needs to be targeting / moving, and the keyboard needs to be bound".

Learn to keybind. Learn to use your keyboard. There is no class that works well for a clicker, and anyone telling you otherwise is doing you a disservice because you are simply not playing well as a clicker.

You will get a host of abilities by 50 on every class, and the few that are "low" on abilities still have too many situation-specific abilities, non-GCD CDs, and area-target abilities for a clicker to ever play seriously

Edited by subrosian

SWTOR is not "clicker friendly". If you want to be remotely competitive, you're going to need to learn to keybind. For example, you might *think* that Guardians are light on keybinds, but then you get adrenals, buffs, non-GCD abilities (meaning you need to hit them between GCDs to maintain DPS) and a host of target-plus-hit abilities.

Suddenly you're going "oh, I need to use a mouse AND keyboard, and the mouse needs to be targeting / moving, and the keyboard needs to be bound".

Learn to keybind. Learn to use your keyboard. There is no class that works well for a clicker, and anyone telling you otherwise is doing you a disservice because you are simply not playing well as a clicker.

You will get a host of abilities by 50 on every class, and the few that are "low" on abilities still have too many situation-specific abilities, non-GCD CDs, and area-target abilities for a clicker to ever play seriously

Because you have a Tanksin, it makes you pro at nothing. Like zero display of talent. Also, if you read the dude's post, that's EXACTLY what he's trying to do.

Good for you OP. I wish I could mail you credits or somethin'