Full dark/light side storylines

gutogrando

Does it affect something if I make ALL my decisions in the same side or take just a few in the opposing side?

Or I just need Light/Dark side V to acomplish something?

I mean... does it change anything aside from unlock equipment or it really changes the end of story?

To be honest... maybe I just need a guide on how this system works... =x

It can change the end of the story in some cases, and it also changes character reactions to you during the story.

For example, when you finish Hutta on an Imperial Agent then talk to keeper, he says something different depending on your alignment - he chastises you if you go close to full light or dark side, but praises you if you have about equal light side or dark side points.

And I know that the end of the jedi knight class story has a slightly different ending sequence depending on if you're lightside or darkside.

If you're darkside, the jedi council decides that you're not ready to be a master yet, but the military in protest of that recognizes you as a General. You get the Master title either way because players weren't happy with the General title.

Edited by Bytemite

Okay but... lets say I wanna finish the game as Light side... If a make some dark side choices in the way, but still finish the game as light side V, will I still see the light side ending?

Or I MUST choose 100% light side choices all the way?

Okay but... lets say I wanna finish the game as Light side... If a make some dark side choices in the way, but still finish the game as light side V, will I still see the light side ending?

I think most of "light side endings" are tied to certain choices - you can get a "light side ending" (with most of classes) in dark V if you pick the light option at right places.

I dont think there are any light/dark endings really. Some particular choices can change your ending slightly, but it all depends on you choices in the last cutscene, what you say/do. That's more important than background of the scene that can be affected by your choices from the past. At least that I deduced from what I've seen so far.

And the amount of light/dark choices you made doesnt matter at all. Its only particular chocies that can affect your ending sometimes.

What choice triggers the lecture from Satele Shan at the end of the Jedi Knight storyline? I assumed it was just your ending Alignment.

Generally, it works like this:

• Each time you make a decision in the storyline, it sets a "flag" internally for what that decision was.
  • Sometimes, later events in the game will check your internal mission "flags" for whether you made a certain choice one way or the other.
  • Then, text or speeches (or sometimes entire events, but this is rare) may change to reflect what you did.

I haven't encountered anything where it was cumulative alignment that made a difference (except maybe the JK ending), but more the result of certain choices being made at key points.

Edited by SW_display_name

What choice triggers the lecture from Satele Shan at the end of the Jedi Knight storyline? I assumed it was just your ending Alignment.

Haven't actually finished JK storyline yet, but if it was that, they would have to have an ending for neutrals too I guess.

Haven't actually finished JK storyline yet, but if it was that, they would have to have an ending for neutrals too I guess.
She only seems to notice if you're "Dark", otherwise she doesn't really say anything and just praises you as a hero. But I never did figure out if this was an Alignment check, or a key choice somewhere near the end.

It is just based on alignment. My jedi was in the neutral range- I got the 'hero ending'. I didn't finish it and got some more dark side points (enough for dark 1), and got the other ending.

Next to the JK i know of these

Sith inquistor end title depends on your Alignment (so not choices)

The agent story in total is an alignment mess and full of plottwist, so your best of just picking what you would do rather then going full alignment.

Dark side sith warrior get a different companion then Lightside sith warrior

I always thought that the..

..JK ending/Master title issue is strictly based off your decision to kill the Emporer or not. I can't say for sure personally because I killed him and was also full dark side. It would be great to hear from a full light side JK if they got the good ending and rank of Master even if they chose to kill him, but the chances of someone doing that are probably pretty slim.

Nope, I was Dark V but chose the LS "I'm taking you to Tython" option because I always rescued evil people in my plotline (since the game was "Do the worst possible thing in every situation" while leveling my Knight).

I figured taking him to Tython would lead to truly horrifying repercussions and so eagerly LS'd up.

I still got lectured by Satele in the closing ceremony.

There's different titles for SI?? Whoa.

I was Dark III and got Nox.

Supposedly, depending on your alignment, you get a different title but again, I was Dark IV on my Sorceror and Marr named me Darth Imperius, which made no sense to me, since I always assumed I would be called Darth Nox, just like my Assassin did, though he was by far more evil than my Sorceror.

The only thing I can conclude from this is that class storyline choices are the ones that count toward the title you get and not so much your alignment level.

wait what?

I'll assume he meant that depending on your choices at the end of Act I, one of your companions can either be LS or DS. Could be wrong though. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Supposedly, depending on your alignment, you get a different title but again, I was Dark IV on my Sorceror and Marr named me Darth Imperius, which made no sense to me, since I always assumed I would be called Darth Nox, just like my Assassin did, though he was by far more evil than my Sorceror.

The only thing I can conclude from this is that class storyline choices are the ones that count toward the title you get and not so much your alignment level.

I'll assume he meant that depending on your choices at the end of Act I, one of your companions can either be LS or DS. Could be wrong though. :D

Yea in the end of ACT 1 your choices decide your companion. (while the name is the same, depending on your choices the companion looks different, talks different, likes different presents AND different companion quessts)

For Inquisitor i dont know what triggers it then, currently level 38 and V dark so im guessing im getting Nox ;)

TBH i find the Agent to be the most interesting seeing as how decisions affect the entire story rather then just your points :)

It can change the end of the story in some cases, and it also changes character reactions to you during the story.

For example, when you finish Hutta on an Imperial Agent then talk to keeper, he says something different depending on your alignment - he chastises you if you go close to full light or dark side, but praises you if you have about equal light side or dark side points.

And I know that the end of the jedi knight class story has a slightly different ending sequence depending on if you're lightside or darkside.

If you're darkside, the jedi council decides that you're not ready to be a master yet, but the military in protest of that recognizes you as a General. You get the Master title either way because players weren't happy with the General title.

I so want the General title. Then I can be General of the republic like Kenobi :(

I so want the General title. Then I can be General of the republic like Kenobi :(

Yeah, I would love to have it too. You're told you are not given the rank of Master and you are told you are now a General of the Republic. We made the choices, we should live with the results. If they were going to cave to the complainers, they should have at least just offered up both titles and let us decide which best suits our story. =/

Yeah, I would love to have it too. You're told you are not given the rank of Master and you are told you are now a General of the Republic. We made the choices, we should live with the results. If they were going to cave to the complainers, they should have at least just offered up both titles and let us decide which best suits our story. =/

They changed a few things back in late beta due to people whining on the forums; the General title was one such change.

Dark side sith warrior get a different companion then Lightside sith warrior

wait what?

Haha, I was going to comment to the OP anyway when I stumbled on this reaction.

Pretty sure Mekkanon is referring to

light!Jaesa vs. Dark!Jaesa

But that's not a different Companion, and in theory, a Dark Side Sith Warrior could get the 'light side' companion if they make the right choices at the critical moments, and vice versa. Anyone tested it out?

But that's not a different Companion, and in theory, a Dark Side Sith Warrior could get the 'light side' companion if they make the right choices at the critical moments, and vice versa. Anyone tested it out?

I've gone through it once as light and once as dark. From what I remember (admittedly it was a long time ago you are offered different choices at the "critical moment" depending on what alignment you are. IIRC, my Jugg (Dark) did not have the option to keep her as light and my Marauder (Light) did not have the same choice I made on my Jugg available.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pernicia

They changed a few things back in late beta due to people whining on the forums; the General title was one such change.

Then maybe they change it back if we whine enough. It's worth a try.

With all the whining about hood toggle and Revan's chest that have gone unanswered, I fear no amount of it will ever get me the Emperor's Wrath title :(

Edited by Pernicia