Body type preferred for each class.

muhidin

I`m at a bit of a conundrum here, i`ve played through a couple of classes and found that some body types just go better with certain classes, whether its heavy or medium or light armor, but it`s not so simple as heavy armor + body type 3 or 4= win or anything else with light or medium armor sufficing.

For my Sniper, I play a female body type 4 and she looks sexy and ****** with the various agent specific armors you find in the game, but she looks less appealing in other medium armors, trying that formula with my jedi sentinel or smuggler doesn`t really translate as well, they both seem more suited to be played as body type 2 classes.

They tend to look a little pudgy as body type 4. BHs and Troopers, from what i`ve seen were made to be played as body type 3 or 4 chars, my female bh is type 2 herself, and looks pretty cool, but it appears that an `armored` look just seems to be more suited to these body types, they look more muscular and curvacious all at the same time but the problem is...it takes ages to find out this stuff, you don`t get access to better armors until you level up a bit and put some time into your char, so it kinda sucks.

Let`s face it, nobody wants to be the idiot who changes their character`s look at 33 by deleting them because they realize they look silly.

Anyone got like a...*cough* spreadsheet or some kinda formula outlining which body types go with which classes or armor, would really help me out, or even pictures of body types 2-4 in higher tier or endgame armor.

Would be greatly appreciated! I know i sure as hell don`t want to reroll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played every AC so here it goes and this list is all for male characters

Guardian/Jugg - body type 3

Sentinel - body type 2 works best imo since to me sentinel is more fluid and acrobatic and the body type fits that

Marauder - body type 3, the sentinel marauders animation are much more brutish then finesse so this body type fits

Sage/sorc - body type 1 is pretty funny but fits but I say body type 2 is the best fit here, body type 4 is funny but kind of works here imo

Shadow/assassin - shadow is my main and I think body type 2 is the way to go here

Vanguard - body type 3 makes the most sense here

Powertech - body type 2,3 or 4 seem to fit a PT well

Commando - I generally play as a body type 2 but didn't like it on the commando due to the redicilous size of the assault cannon, so go body type 3

Mercenaries - see powertech

Gunslinger/sniper - personally I think body type 2 is the only way to go here, but I see a lot of fat twileks playing GS

Scoundrel/operative - same as slinger/sniper

I find

Sith inqusitor-Body type 3 Male,Body type 1/2 female

Consular-Body type 2/3 Male,Body type 1 female

Trooper-Body type 1/2/4((I find Body type 3 on a trooper just..boring :p)) Male,Body type 3/4 Female

Smuggler-Body type 3/4 Male,Body type 1/4 Female

Knight-Body type 3/2 Male.Body type 1/3 Female

Bounty Hunter-1/2 Male,2/4 Female

Warior-4/3/2 Male,2/4 Female

Agent-1/3 Male,2/1 Female

I agree with a lot of the advice given above. I've found that Male Body Type 1 makes your character look like a little kid (with an over-sized head), so I avoid that one. I have a Trooper Body Type 3 and he's huge, plus the giant armor makes him look like the Michelin Man. My Smuggler is BT 2 and he seems well proportioned for that class. I haven't tried a Male BT 4 (fat), but I might give it a go for a "non-athletic" type character.

For Females, Body Type 2 is always a good choice. BT 4 is also good in that it makes your character look a little more muscular but not overly so. BT 3 is just really tall. Sometimes with tall alts, its a little harder to see where to click for scavenging/pickups, and jumping. Again, BT 1 looks like a little kid, and I don't like the idea of putting kids in dangerous situations that this game provides (I'm not an RP'er or anything, but I don't like seeing kids getting killed in-game).

Here's my preferences. I think Body Type 3 looks really weird in most cases. It's just so cartoonishly out of proportion with everyone else, but on some classes it can be tolerable.

Jedi Knight - Male 2/3(maybe), Female 2

Jedi Consular - Male 1/2, Female 1/2/4

Smuggler- Male 1/2, Female 1/2/4

Trooper - Male 2/3, Female 2/3(maybe)

Sith Warrior- Male 2, Female 2

Sith Inquisitor - Male 2, Female 1/2

Agent - Male 2, Female 1/2

Bounty Hunter - Male 2/3, Female 2/3/4

Body type 2 is perfectly proportioned - you have to keep in mind that although at the very beginning of the game - with slave/street clothes you'll seem a bit undersized, by the time you slap robes/armor on body type 2 your character turns into a big dude/huge chick. Body type 1 is a tiny child, and 3 is some sort of Wookie man. And personally, I'd be worried about asthma playing a type 4 with these maps :)

So yeah, type 2 is the perfect proportion, especially when serious armor starts being applied.

• 1 month later...

Body type 3 for any female characters just so they are eye level with type 2 males.

All but four classes are body type 2 (or 3 for girls).

Bounty Hunters and Troopers look best as body type 3. Warriors looks good as 2, but for Juggernauts 3 is perfect, though Marauders can be beefy too. Same applies to Guardians, just not sure about Sentinels as they are the only class I can't decide between 2 and 3 for my Knight run.

My female toons are always type 1, what can I say it just looks sexy. Cept for my beloved juggy, she went type 4 and is damn sexy with it.

as for males my sentinel was type 2 and my vanguard I made type 3, though I found for commando's type 3 really looks the best with them (my own personal opinion).

Type 1 is just too silly looking for anything except maybe an agent/smuggler, they're the only ones who look right to me with it. And I hate 4, I really do, I just face-palm at any type 4 people I see running around, to each their own but type 4 is so cartoonishly out of place it's really not even funny to me.

For me, the Trooper and Bounty Hunter show off their armor better in Body Type 3 but I find that certain races don't look as good in 3. For instance, Body Type 3 is amazing for both Zabrak colors and Twi'lek. But Chiss and Ratataki look better as Body Type 2. Cyborg look good as 2 and 3. Body type 1 looks too skinny. Body Type 4 looks good for all but Smuggler because his duster fits weird on the bigger body type. This is all males.

Female Body Type 4 looks good for light and heavy armor, but weird for medium. Body Type 3 is too tall for me. Body Type 2 is the norm for me and 1 is too skinny with the exception of Twi'lek looks good in 1 too.

I think body type 3 suits the voice acting of Troopers, Sith Warriors and especially Bounty Hunters. I like body type 2 for every other class, especially the Jedi because the force is suppose to be the power that they rely on--not physical strength.

My main is a Commando with body type 3. I think it just looks silly to have a small guy hauling around that huge gun.

I think that it really depends on your attitude towards the game. If you want your characters to look realistic, body type 2 for both genders is the way to go.

I however think of it as a game in a totally unrealistic fantasy/sci-fi setting, which allows for more freedom, without being detrimental to your gaming experience.

My females are all body type 1. This is because it is, in a gaming experience, the sexiest type. Most men think slim = good, and I'm no different. Obviously, in real life any girl with that waist size would look disturbingly anorexic, but here it's simply not the case, because your girls get it, while retaining those great, flimsy curves. Completely unrealistic (and perhaps slightly sexist), but great for games like this.

For males, every body type works. I only have two male characters, and they're type 1 and type 3, respectively. My type one is a Rattataki Sith Assassin, who behaves like a total brat (sarcastic, egotistical and vain). His posture gives him a subtle comical dimension, but his ego is big enough not to feel like a clown when playing him.

My type 3 is my Human Operative. Most people go for the smaller builds when playing agents, but I think my guy is the coolest agent I've seen so far. When I made my Operative, I wanted to make him really scary-looking. Not by giving him scars or sith affliction stuff. In the end, I came up with a character looking like Jafar off Disney's Aladdin - on STEROIDS. With yellow eyes, which turned out to be a nice subtle touch. Combat looks great as well - when I swing that huge body of mine to pierce an enemy's spine with my dagger, it looks amazing. Not to mention it's way cooler to see this physically threatening man stealth about than that scrawny guy that nobody would notice anyway. The contrast with the voice acting is also great - the high, fast-talking whispering voice works great alongside my towering posture. I can totally imagine this conversation:

Watcher 6 - Hey, lad. You new here?

Fixer 11 - Yes, sir. Jolly glad to be here, sir.

Watcher 6 - Absolutely fabulous. Say, could you help me out here? I need this file to reach Cipher 9's office, but I er... I happen to be quite busy doing... somethin.

Fixer 11 - Oh, it's no bother, sir.

Watcher 6 - Oh, you have my thanks. His office is down that corridor. Good luck!

Fixer 11 - (knocks) Excuse me, is this Cipher 9's office?

Me - (softspokenly) Yes, enter.

Fixer 11 - (comes in) Well, I was asked to deliver this - SWEET MOTHER OF THE EMPEROR!! (faints)

I kind of agree with most of what was said with certain classes and more importantly voice affects the look of the character. My main is a consular and I picked the type 3 body type for him. (voice unheard) and i'm glad I did that deep booming voice wouldn't seem right coming out of the type 1 or even type 2 body, Type 4 would be ok with the consular as well IMO.

My Two female characters 1 is a scoundrel and she's type 2 body type (cyborg), and my sith inquisitor is a RAtataki in type 4 and with the no hair her proportions seem to work.

My other 2 alts ( a Sentinal (zabrak) and a trooper (miraluin) are both type 2 bodies because i feel the voice feels more suited to the body style.

I am thinking of rolling a type 4 body style, with the sith mirror of the guardian just because i think it'll look cool

I personally think that 1 looks ridiculous for both genders (as though they have an eating disorder) and that 3 looks equally silly (as though they're popping steroids).

2 works for me in general, but looks a bit flimsy for characters in heavy armor (trooper and bounty hunter). I like 4 for female characters, although I had to re-roll a twi'lek as between the lekku and the very curvy figure there was...just a lot going on. (And, yes, I am a girl. But seriously...roll one. There's a lot going on.) 4 for male though looks kind of silly to me. He's so heavy that he just doesn't work in my mind as a super fit heroic type. (I love it for NPCs, though.)

4 for male though looks kind of silly to me. He's so heavy that he just doesn't work in my mind as a super fit heroic type. (I love it for NPCs, though.)

Pff, you don't need to be fit to be a hero! Have you not seen Megas XLR?!

For knight I think type 2 makes the mots sense, since it's a youthful "skywalker" kind of a voice. I made a type 3 burly scotsman type and was... taken aback the first time he spoke in this kinda soft, nasally youthful voice.

Edited by Halkyon

i dont touch body type 3/4 at all on women, there are really less then good looking faces on the female side and choosing body 3? even the better looking faces look bad with that body type. and a body type 3 woman looks like a man from behind anyway. type 4 body, i can just imagine the sterotype "does my butt look big in this?" the answer is yes in every case.

the body type 3 on a man looks really wierd especially with the massive nose the long face and the huge hands. i tend to avoid that body type if possible, 1/2 and 4 are okay though.

as for specific class, its pointless asking, each person has their own styles and tastes.

Edited by Celise

My Gunslinger is body type 1 (male); the armor looks fine. I noticed, when looking at the Smuggler legacy armor vendor, though, that it looked pretty stretched and/or pixel-y on my body type 3 commando (also male).

My Inquisitor feels to me like his armor would be stretched/pixey on body type 4, but would probably be fine on type 3; though he's body type 2.