Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

1 - Destroyer armor in black and boltgun metal colours with hood up;

2 - Adaptive Sith Warrior's PvP recruit gear mask (the cool one with menacing shape);

3 - Revan's outfit but with cape and hood that accepts masks;

4 - MORE GEAR WITH CAPES, especially for Juggernauts! This game lacks some epic capes! Look at Malgus, he looks ****** with his cape. Hood up or hood down, it's always epic to have a cape;

5 - Revan's mask, I would buy them even for 1000 CC each. Three of 'em!

6 - KotOR mandalorian neo-crusader helmets;

7 - Some typical TOR mandalorian armor set. Maybe even just the set that Shae Vizla wore in Deceived trailer;

9 - Generic jedi guardian armor with hood up and brown cape;

10 - More awesome cyber ninja gear like the 1200CC agent/smuggler set in bold colours, I was impressed and it looks brilliant with other helmets unified with the colour scheme;

11 won't really be about outfits, but close - vibroswords! KotOR had some awesome scimitar-like blades. If you want to replace them with glowing baseball bats I won't argue, but you could at least sell proper vibroswords with sharp blades! I would buy them and I see no reason for you to not make them if we already can buy the axe.

My money just waits to be spent on stuff you make. Please, accept it, BioWare. I want to support this awesome game, getting few items I - and thousands of other players - would enjoy. :rak_04:

Edit:

More shoulderpads! Even small ones, I love shoulderpads! And again, capes. Capes make everything better. And those already existing (was it Mandalorian Raiders juggernaut chestpiece?) are epic. And more mask designs to fit under hoods. People love ****** masks, so provide them with a few to choose from!

Edited by Kleryk
Forgot some stuff

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny as it may sound, I would like a COMPLETELY plain, brown robe for my Jedi.

You know, a completely boring, bland, simple, brownish robe. Without ANYTHING on it.

Precisely what Obi-Wan wore in Episode IV.

i hear ya mate. I miss some classic jedi knight robes, not the ones we have now with a belt around the waist that makes it look like a skirt. srsly whos awful idea was that?

and some padded pants for light armor wearers aswell, cuz srsly those tights look horrible.

Marauder's Foundry Hood would be a nice addition to Adaptive Armor. I like that it stays visible, even while wearing hooded items such as Honored Adept's Shroud/Honored Saberist's Harness, but think it would look more appropriate on my Sorcerer than it does on my Marauder.

EDIT: I think it would look more appropriate, because the aforementioned Cartel Market items are more robe-like, and my Marauder is more of a leggings type than a lower robes type.

Edited by shwaar

The armor used in the Deceived Trailer by all the sith would be a nice start, especially the mask :D

Other than that, would love to see some more cross overs, with masks that can go under hoods, especially when I play my republic characters, having a visor on is not really something I like.

Having more Neutral/Light colors and more Dark/Black colors, so the people playing Dark Jedi or Light Sith have some options to get colors more in theme with what they are playing.

Here are my current requests.

• Capeless armor for Jedi.
  • Caped armor for Sith.
  • Pants for Sith Inquisitors/Jedi Consulars that can be used by level 10.
  • Hats that show the character's hair, such as Imperial "Navy" or Smugger "Cowboy" hats.
  • I triple dare whoever is responsible for making armor models at BioWare to come up with a version of one of the "complete" pre-Tier Trooper armors which is white with purple markings.
  • The Mandalorian armor that is shown on the Bounty Hunter Holonet page.
  • The blue Mandalorian armor used by NPCs throughout the game.
  • White and red Bounty Hunter armor. Could use the model from the Bounty Hunter version of the Premium/Prototype item Desh Breastplate and its corresponding set, which are excellent models that do not currently have Custom versions.

Last but not least, I want to make sure that these Cartel Market weapons that are in the files will be making it live sometime soon, as I know myself and others would pay good money for these:

I am listing these here both as I consider the weapons of a character to count as a key part of their outfit, and also due to the fact that there is not an official request thread for moddable weapons.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

1 - Destroyer armor in black and boltgun metal colours with hood up;

2 - Adaptive Sith Warrior's PvP recruit gear mask (the cool one with menacing shape);

3 - Revan's outfit but with cape and hood that accepts masks;

4 - MORE GEAR WITH CAPES, especially for Juggernauts! This game lacks some epic capes! Look at Malgus, he looks ****** with his cape. Hood up or hood down, it's always epic to have a cape;

5 - Revan's mask, I would buy them even for 1000 CC each. Three of 'em!

6 - KotOR mandalorian neo-crusader helmets;

7 - Some typical TOR mandalorian armor set. Maybe even just the set that Shae Vizla wore in Deceived trailer;

9 - Generic jedi guardian armor with hood up and brown cape;

10 - More awesome cyber ninja gear like the 1200CC agent/smuggler set in bold colours, I was impressed and it looks brilliant with other helmets unified with the colour scheme;

11 won't really be about outfits, but close - vibroswords! KotOR had some awesome scimitar-like blades. If you want to replace them with glowing baseball bats I won't argue, but you could at least sell proper vibroswords with sharp blades! I would buy them and I see no reason for you to not make them if we already can buy the axe.

My money just waits to be spent on stuff you make. Please, accept it, BioWare. I want to support this awesome game, getting few items I - and thousands of other players - would enjoy. :rak_04:

Edit:

More shoulderpads! Even small ones, I love shoulderpads! And again, capes. Capes make everything better. And those already existing (was it Mandalorian Raiders juggernaut chestpiece?) are epic. And more mask designs to fit under hoods. People love ****** masks, so provide them with a few to choose from!

Revan's mask on the way. NO MORE generic guardian armor with hood up. There is one already.

Wait... This guy is being sarcastic?

Revan's mask on the way. NO MORE generic guardian armor with hood up. There is one already.

Wait... This guy is being sarcastic?

By no means sarcastic. And by the generic guardian armor with hood up I meant one that could be worn by anyone and would be available to everyone. You know, adaptive. :p And available through CC. You see - it might be pretty popular model on rep side, but I assure you, imperials don't get too many armors like that, let alone with hoods up. A black one like that would be awesome too. Like someone mentioned - some love for dark side jedi knight that prefers black robe instead of brown. Although I have no idea what would be good for light side sith. There already are white armors in the game, even orange, as far as I remember.

I support the general trend that is happening with the thread.

Star Wars outfits and uniforms.. not fantasy type outfits with lots of 'bits' on them like we have seen so far.

Just uniforms and other outfits (even simple brown jedi robes) that are seen in the movies and throughout Star Wars lore. No more fantasy themed stuff like the last set of Tier armor.

My Imperial Agent would just like the Imperial uniforms worn by the Columni vendors.. not the Assassin Creed styled outfits they are actually selling. Give us Star Wars looks. Not 'creative' fantasy armor. I think that's what we are all asking?

This is what I'm talking about: http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w300/Yaumul/swtor2012-11-2321-16-10-98.jpg

Edited by Avatarless

Do not know if mentioned;

but I would add the following customizations;

- variety of color changes to chest which then modifies the rest, I would say minimum 10 basic colors

- allowing for certain Crew Skills to make green or blue armor into Orange custom slots with RE (ex Synthweaving)

- ability to Hide gloves, belts and bracers

I will go with the chorus; Toggle up and down for Hoods but something instant u can do it when u want. I love the scenes in SW when Jedi put the toggle up and down.

Edited by limenutpen

Well some outfits i really would want would be ;

Red Guard (http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/File:Swtor-red-guard.jpg)

White guard armor (theres two guards talking right next to one elevator on fleet.)

I would kill for The Smuggler (gunslinger) Armor in the trailer

RD-07A Vendetta Set

Mandalorian armor

Toth's (the security key vendor on Empire's) outfit

The imperial uniform that agents gets.

Ukabi's armor on Nar shadda listening post mission.

Add a dye slot for color (like weapons have) that allow players to choose the dominate color of the gear.

Give dyes as a craft to biochem.

Edited by Max_Gambit

Need more single part armor. I would like unique style helmets (low lvl and high lvl), handgears, boosts(empire and republic same). And dont just use other faction style. Make some rare skin. Implement a little bit more weapons.

I like the curent cartel armors, but i think need more unique style (more expensive? no problem).

Example: Mandalorian helmets and armor parts, Sith robes with hood and mask, Jedi robes and armors, trooper hvy armors.

Just make it a little bit more unique.

Are the developers still paying attention to this thread, now that it has been unstickied, or do they feel that it has served its purpose? Because we the players are far from out of ideas for things that we'd like to be able to get for our characters when it comes to both outfits and weapons. Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits you’ve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!

I would love to see some of the Sith Outfits available for the Republic without them changing colors or appearance, would be nice to have a few black outfits for the Republic side, heck even Luke Skywalker wore black ..

Continued from my earlier list, I would also love to see:

• Elegant, maroon robes for Jedi Consulars. Or at least that wouldn't look out of place on one. Could be a variant of the Custom quality Force Magister's set.
  • Adaptive Imperial Officer uniform, like what Republic characters can get as a pilot uniform.
  • Single-bladed lightsaber that uses a double-bladed lightsaber model, displaying only one blade when activated.

Suggestions to add certain types of armor

I would suggest you add the following items..all available at level 1, Orange Adaptive armor

Pilot's Overcoat

This provides a plain white robe. I would recommend you add a plain black version for the Imperial side (on the Imperial side it is an open coat style robe with red accents...)

Would also be nice to add this with white, black and grey versions, maybe even dark red. Doing so would probably be wildly popular, as many seem to ask for this type of plain robe quite often.

Note: Some of these items may already be offered.

Other items that should be added

Helmets Only

RD-13A Raider helmet

TD-07A Panther Headgear or Hooligans Headgear

Blast guard helmet

Champion War Hero Weaponmaster's Headgear

Xenotech Weaponmaster's Headgear

Fervent Battle Headgear

Veteran Elder Blade's Headgear

Chestpieces

Assault Chestguard

Riveted Chestguard

Full Outfits

TH-16A Master Medic or Imperial Coordination Prototype

Commando Elite Prototype

Clan Varad Recon

Marauder’s Exalted

Republic Trooper

Drelliad

TH-15A Medic Commando

RD-07A Vendetta

I might also recommend you consider converting all current offered armor sets to an Orange Armor/Adaptive Armor combination, available for use at level 1 with minimal mods installed. At the most level 10.

A few pluses to approaching it this way..

1) You can use the gear on anyone, getting a true unique look

2) You still have to outfit the armor with proper mods, so it's not P2W since the mods are lousy for all but the lowest level characters

3) To my knowledge there is no orange armor in the game that is also adaptive. So it would be a unique set of items, and therefore highly prized...and with a 5 day unlock would be available to those that do not wish to purchase it in the store.

So in my opinion this would have been a win for everyone.

I agree wholly that the armor in the Cartel Market should be changed to have no level restrictions and minimal mods, like what they already did with the weapons. Since the point of these items is the appearance, all you should really be buying is a shell, in my opinion.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

As a returning founder and now subscribed player I would like to give my 2cents...

From the Legacy system to the new Cartel, I actually am enjoying the game more now then ever. I did find I basicly deleted all my toons and started fresh except for my one max character that has helped allot sense so much has changed from launch day.

Now to the subject at hand, I do love the new looks (this game needed it!) and I love the direction it is going. I would as many love to see varities, I think the biggest thing this game could use is a swift kick in colorization. Let us buy armor that we can change the colors on and customize a bit more. If that is not possible, might I refer to future and old Starwars material. You see plenty of cool examples in game of nice looking gear from npc's. While some, being unique on their own, should also be purchasable and allow us to "be unique".

The system really needs a kick in customization , you get that in and now we are talking, that's my 2cents on it.

edit: PS. those huge freakn shoulder blades ruin emmerision , I think it was a horrible concept in design and too this day I still see many people avoiding costumes with those huge triangle shoulder blades. Rework definitly!

Edited by Guardious

Are the developers still paying attention to this thread, now that it has been unstickied, or do they feel that it has served its purpose? Because we the players are far from out of ideas for things that we'd like to be able to get for our characters when it comes to both outfits and weapons.

Considering most recent feedback is unrelated to their request, as people list their fantasies instead of listing gear that is already in game, I wouldn't be surprised if BW started ignoring this thread.

But then BW also regularly unsticks threads to avoid clutter, so it doesn't really hut to try and post.

Back on topic, I would love chance to get modable version of JK Champion/Centurion/Recruit belt, one with republic symbol on it.

EDIT:

I realized this one is also part of BM set, so I think crafters might be able to craft it got knight, but it still would be nice if I could wear it on my trooper.

Edited by Elear

We need custom companion armor. Custom Sith outfit for Lord Scourge for example.

This, the companion outfits should really come in moddable versions, or even better: unlock as craftable moddable versions later in the game. There are some really nice outfits for several companions early on, some of which we may never get to complete because missions make us pick one piece out of several for different companions at once, and those missions are never repeatable. And then some 5 or 6 hours down the road, the nice gear we've been collecting for our companions hits the cargohold because its too low leveled :(

So I'd really want to be able to complete the nicer sets for my companions, and see them viable for their use as well. I wouldn't even mind if their companion requirement remained in place, maybe add a level requirement to them or something, so people will still have to play the game before they can outfit their companions in any specific style. But definitely make those things moddable!