Star Wars: The Old Republic Nar Shaddaa Show Cast

XxDdgamerxX

Just a quick show cast in (Full HD 1080p 60fps), of the landscape of Nar Shaddaa on Star Wars The Old Republic, when you first enter the terminal via ship. This is defiantly one of the planets I more so enjoyed in Star Wars The Old Republic thus far being level 21 so enjoy. (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79E_t0LHzIk

Edited by XxDdgamerxX

I must admit, one of the things I love doing is stopping and looking all around me at all the detail wherever I am. Nar Shaddaa for me was a treat! I love all the neon signs. There are a lot of really fantastic locations for sight seeing in the game that should really be more appreciated, I feel.

I think the upper levels of Nar Shaddaa are cool, but then you go down to the lower levels where all the questing happens and it's very generic looking and basically boresville. The same with Coruscant. I love the upper levels and was thinking when I arrived these would be the types of locales I'd be questing in. That was an exciting prospect. But near the end of questing on those planets I was so tired of going through the umpteenth iteration of generic underground urban/industrial barren streets that I couldn't wait to get off the planet. They could have been really cool questing areas but I feel really let down by their realization.

I think the upper levels of Nar Shaddaa are cool, but then you go down to the lower levels where all the questing happens and it's very generic looking and basically boresville. The same with Coruscant. I love the upper levels and was thinking when I arrived these would be the types of locales I'd be questing in. That was an exciting prospect. But near the end of questing on those planets I was so tired of going through the umpteenth iteration of generic underground urban/industrial barren streets that I couldn't wait to get off the planet. They could have been really cool questing areas but I feel really let down by their realization.

Yeah, I was usually "forcing" myself to look at the ceiling above me to remind me that I was still playing on a big city and not on some claustrophobic underground city/urban-looking dungeon.

Edited by Khyle

Yeah, I was usually "forcing" myself to look at the ceiling above me to remind me that I was still playing on a big city and not on some claustrophobic underground city/urban-looking dungeon.

Yeah, same. I constantly just felt I was in large tunnel after tunnel. So I'd look up and sometimes there'd be a skyscape and other times there'd just be a big flat ceiling overhead. But looking around at eye level in the questing areas was a lot of drab repetitiveness. Not a lot of landmarks or anything that really distinguished one area from another. I really had to use the map a lot since everything looked the same. On other worlds you get a lay for the land after a while of situating where the distinctive areas are.

And for planets built around the concept of large vertical building structures, there's not a lot of verticality to the maps. The areas feel very flat. This game has really great natural environments but the urban areas where you quest leave a lot to be desired. I was also hoping to find unique vendors tucked away with unique available items. This is supposed to be Nar Shaddaa where you can buy anything for the right price... And Coruscant is supposed to be the center of the galaxy. I hope at some point they go back and redesign these worlds.