Revenge of the Archon: too hard?

Mandalin

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost level 53 and simply cannot get it done. Too often none of my abilities execute so I can't keep the refueling bots off the slug. Is this not a one-person mission?

1. Ability delay is annoying lots of people.

2. Lots of people can still finish this mission.

3. Learn to play your class?

4. Get friends and do it in a group.

5. Also...cc is your friend.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

I did it at lvl 54. My solo attempt was a 1 shot effort....but it wasnt at all textbook and i almost died twice but talos threw off a couple lucky heals on me. Killing the droids is the most important thing. If he stacks 60 then he'll burn you down with that laser.

I never did use the yellow items to kill his recharge. I pretty much kited myself back and forth to talos to heal me then would knock more droids down. I would dps archon when there was a break in the action. Overall not too difficult but its a busy keyboard smacking fight.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

I died two times with vette, then I chose Quinn. The quest suddenly became way too easy for me, I was really bored.

I think it's a nice challenge and if you kill the droids it should be fine. Yeah there are a lot of them and they are annoying but it adds to the difficulty.

I think I got it on the second try, once I looked up the strategy. Just make sure to kill the adds ASAP because they recharge him, don't interrupt his casts because you want him to drain energy,, and you can in ft side step that laser if it comes to that.

What about the 4 or so AOE circles he clusters around on the ground? How do you avoid those. As a marauder, I don't have the ability to get out of them that fast. And I take a good chunk of damage when they hit.

What about the 4 or so AOE circles he clusters around on the ground? How do you avoid those. As a marauder, I don't have the ability to get out of them that fast. And I take a good chunk of damage when they hit.

They come out every so often. You learn to anticipate when they're coming out, and you can start moving before they drop under you.

I didn't find it terribly hard. It helped that I was using a healing companion and while the droids where out he had a field day healing me back to max.

Probably best to do it at lvl 54 and if you can get better gear go get it. Also, make sure your companion is well geared and save AoEs for when the droids come out. They're pretty weak and should go down fast. Other than that, just interrupt and LoS when possible. Med packs are also your best friend. Preferably ones that heal you and your companion so you can drop aggro and use your companion as fodder if needed.

The problem with the mission is that the refueling droids aren't targetable (at least I was never able to get them) until they start refueling and you've a rather tight window to do damage to him while still stopping his refuels. If they were targettable while en route you can just use your big attacks with long CD on the Archon and then use your weaker attacks to hit the droids while they're running to him, but that's not an option. You end up either needing to save your big attacks to one shot the droids the moment they become targettable (and risk not doing enough damage to Archon) or take multiple weak attacks to take out the droids because your big attacks are on CD (and risk they refuel the Archon). The end result is that you need to have a powerful character that can make up the DPS or take extra attacks that you really should've been able to avoid if you can simply hit the droids while they're running up to him. Edited by Astarica

I've done it three times now SOLO. Two healers (54 each when doing) and one Marauder @ 53 died once.

Kill the adds once you see them as they keep his power topped off and once drained he goes into emergency mode. Grab the yellow kits from adds and blow the generators or whatever they are called in his emergency mode. (Makes it go quicker)

Second best approach - Buddy up with another person for 2 toons and 2 pets. (makes it too easy really)

Did it this morning as a Jugg. When the AOE circles hit I actually got right underneath him in the center where the circles don't reach. Of course getting in position fast enough is a pain, but that's why we have Quinn.

I found it challenging but to say too hard? No. Granted I soloed it as a Tanking jugg in full augmented 61/63 gear at lvl 53. People need to start looking at the venders on Makeb. There is no reason to be running around anything less then rakata seeing as you can buy rakata lvl mods for planet comms. They are BoE so you can use other toons to gear out other toons with out using legacy gear. That is how I got my fresh 50 agent into full rakata. I for one enjoy tough boss fights and I'm glad BW is making these boss fights have more mechanics other then interrupt this one abil and roll face on keyboard. Makes you have to think for more then 5 secs before rushing in.

As a mm sniper, targeting these things are a pain and they come too fast, im going to try tonight as full engineering to stay mobile and drop that always on aoe to see if i can do it. knockbacks work on the refueling droids.

I also soloed it as a MM sniper, hell I found it easier on the sniper because I could pick off the droids with 1 to 2 hits and used my combat roll to avoid the giant red beam. Also keep in mind that Agents have one of the best AOEs in the game, Orbital Drop.

Definitely the hardest fight on Makeb, really makes the Republic equivalent look like a toddler's play session in comparison.

Found it difficult on my healer, until I pulled out my healer companion, that made all the difference. Because it doesn't really hit very hard, but I needed to concentrate on the mechanics, rather than healing & mechanics.

Did it at level 52 last night, me and my Mako did it quite easily once I realized I had to destroy stuff on the wall behind him, but still did it in one go. I suppose a tank and healer companion is a good combination though.

I finished this yesterday. I died 2 times, then I used the chat to get advise and then defeted him. How? I basically didnt fight him, only for very short periods of time and then towards the end. 90% of the time I spent running around hiting consoles. Almost died towards the end, then I realised that my healer comp is not following me for some reason, so I had to get close to him then finish Archon.

this quest needs to be easier. fewer droids maybe.

Ahahahaha, ROFL, are you joking?

First mega-boss of Makeb was no issue at all, just get 2 of those consoles sorted. Dodge crap, consoles, kill. Rinse and repeat. No problems at all with that.

As for Archon... That quest was perfectly fine. I got flattened on attempt #1, due to my own stupidity (I ignored the adds, didn't bother with interrupts/CC), and then steamrolled the boss on attempt #2 (and I mean absolutely de-freakin'-stroyed him, no contest) after reviving.

If you're having trouble defeating either of them, think on your tactics more. This update included more focus on tactics than on gear.

The game is not the problem.

Edited by Harsisus

..you run? And use Quinn?

As a jugg, I don't have the ability to run but I always got out of the red circles. It really isn't that hard.

I did it at level 53 in campaign gear and died once because I didn't know what I was doing and his big laser finished me, second try it was no problem.