Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think on this further, I find I don't really mind. If she's his apprentice, then there's the same power gap between him and her as with him and Vette--although it's worse with Vette. I'd rather have him romance an equal (well, as close as one can come to his uber war machinishness ;) ) And they'll almost certainly be adding new story content and characters. It might actually be more interesting to have a romance that occurs later in the story.

Not /signed.

You make a choice, you deal with the consequences.

Furthermore, just because characters like Kira and Nadia can choose to become involved in a relationship, despite being Lightsided, doesn't mean Jaesa would choose the same.

Edited by Berethos

Not /signed.

You make a choice, you deal with the consequences.

Furthermore, just because characters like Kira and Nadia can choose to become involved in a relationship, despite being Lightsided, doesn't mean Jaesa would choose the same.

So what you're saying is, the Warrior class gets screwed, but the other classes don't?

How about you goofs choose wisely. Its about choices you make that effect outcomes. Stop crying to have it all be the same.

Next time choose and live with what choice you made!

1. No other class can't romance because of an alignment.

2. No one knows the outcome before they pick, there is no warning saying SORRY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO ROMANCE HER. This choice is made before you even get her as a companion. How is that fair?! Who would have guessed being nice to her would stop her from romancing you. In every other bioware game, this doesn't happen.

3. You invest over 100 hours into a game, and can't reload a save, you want your choices to not have a negative impact.

4. No other choices in the game have a negative impact as far as I have seen.

5. Romance options are only focused on affection (and gender) for every other class. Why should this be the exception? Answer: IT SHOULDN'T!

6. There is absolutely ZERO reason why you shouldn't be able to romance her. She isn't jedi, she doesn't have morals against it, and she seems interested. Why can Jedi, who have morals against it, all romance each other? I'd understand if it was like this for light side jedi, but it's not. Once again, ZERO reason. It is just a frustrating consequence with no logical reason, story related reason, or really any reason at all.

So what you're saying is, the Warrior class gets screwed, but the other classes don't?

The Warrior class is the only one with two options per gender...tell me again, how are they are getting screwed in a way that the other classes aren't?

What I am saying is this is a game based on making choices, why would you want to make it so those choices don't matter? For some overwrought sense of fairness? Because you don't get to have your lightside cake and eat it too? Doesn't work that way, chief.

1. No other class can't romance because of an alignment.

2. No one knows the outcome before they pick, there is no warning saying SORRY YOU WONT BE ABLE TO ROMANCE HER. This choice is made before you even get her as a companion. How is that fair?! Who would have guessed being nice to her would stop her from romancing you. In every other bioware game, this doesn't happen.

3. You invest over 100 hours into a game, and can't reload a save, you want your choices to not have a negative impact.

4. No other choices in the game have a negative impact as far as I have seen.

5. Romance options are only focused on affection (and gender) for every other class. Why should this be the exception? Answer: IT SHOULDN'T!

6. There is absolutely ZERO reason why you shouldn't be able to romance her. She isn't jedi, she doesn't have morals against it, and she seems interested. Why can Jedi, who have morals against it, all romance each other? I'd understand if it was like this for light side jedi, but it's not. Once again, ZERO reason. It is just a frustrating consequence with no logical reason, story related reason, or really any reason at all.

And in return for those differences, the Sith Warrior class is the only one with two male and two female romance options. There's more than one way to balance the force here.

And in return for those differences, the Sith Warrior class is the only one with two male and two female romance options. There's more than one way to balance the force here.

Perspective.

The options for the warrior is either an alien or ugly corrupted version of Jeana, and there isn't much to romance outside of these companions either.

Here are the human choices for romance for other classes:

-Bounty hunter get Mako, regardless of choices with her.

-Agent gets Temple, regardless of choices with her.

-Trooper gets Elara, regardless of choices.

-Smuggler gets Risha, regardless of choices.

-Councilor gets Nadia, regardless of choices.

-Knight gets Kira, regardless of choices.

-Warrior gets Jaesa, but only if you make her go dark side.

Note that all, besides inquisitor, gets a human female to romance. Though, the Inquisitor gets to basically sleep with everyone in the story line, and gets awesome companions. Some of us just don't want our characters to romance aliens. The Sith are awfully ugly, The two options Ive come across are corrupted older women, no thanks..

You might be content with that, but some aren't. I don't see how this affects you at all if it changes.

What I am saying is this is a game based on making choices, why would you want to make it so those choices don't matter? For some overwrought sense of fairness? Because you don't get to have your lightside cake and eat it too? Doesn't work that way, chief.

I dont have a problem with making choices, but in a case where 1 option has such a limited outcome, I would have wanted to know upfront what the consequences would be.

This is not some item reward you accidently picked the wrong version of as in a few levels you'll get a new and better 1. That's not the case with a lightside Jaena.

Am I the only one playing the dark side here for purposes playing on the dark side? While I understand the pretense of a light side Jaesa when you work up the light side - but your playing as Sith - if you want light side role a Jedi.

Sith 'Light side' is not "Good". Sith light side is more lawful neutral than the chaotic stupid that many of the dark side options are. IE: Kill somebody just for the sake of killing them because that is how gosh darn evil you are, right before devouring a baby 4 teh evulz.

You're still Sith. You still fight for a tyrannical and militaristic dictatorship who want to rule the galaxy, you're just not a dick about it.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

I ended up going light side as I enjoy defying the Sith while also conquering the Republic, but removing a major game mechanics like romancing a companion seems aggravating to me. It's not by any means a game breaker, but I'm not rolling another Warrior just to experience it. My second avatar will be in a whole different class when i do decide to allocate my time away from my main.

So I also petition to enable Jaesa romance option.

This is Star Wars! Jaesa I am not your father! So romance me!

I also think you should be able to romance Jaesa being her and yourself Light Side. It makes sense as far as as much you're Light Side you're still not a Jedi nor her. You can decide to go morally correct on your decisions but, in the end, you're not a true Jedi and you don't follow a "religious" Jedi code. Also, if she turns to be a ***ch when you make her go Dark Side and you're a better person than her, you would soon lose interest on such a relationship IMHO.

/signed

Edited by BrunoLogan

Sorry gotta go against the flow. Please leave it the way it is, actions and choices should have consequences. Having certain options unavailable adds to the replay value of the game.

I would see the logic if they disabled Vette's romance option if the avatar was darkside, but this isn't the case. "Having certain options" more like lack of options.

Edited by Hellstone

Sorry gotta go against the flow. Please leave it the way it is, actions and choices should have consequences. Having certain options unavailable adds to the replay value of the game.

How does leveling up a 2nd Sith Warrior become replay value?

How does leveling up a 2nd Sith Warrior become replay value?

Level a Juggernaut/Marauder?

And also, are you people 5 year old or something? If you want a romance go get a real girlfriend/boyfriend.

While i understand it's cool to have a romance in game but by any means it doesn't break the game.

I would love to see my female character have a romance with Jaesa but I'm not gonna petition that to Bioware so they might implement that.

Edited by DirtyWorX

Sith 'Light side' is not "Good". Sith light side is more lawful neutral than the chaotic stupid that many of the dark side options are. IE: Kill somebody just for the sake of killing them because that is how gosh darn evil you are, right before devouring a baby 4 teh evulz.

You're still Sith. You still fight for a tyrannical and militaristic dictatorship who want to rule the galaxy, you're just not a dick about it.

Heh...Chaotic Stupid. Thanks for pulling out the D&D reference. I was looking for a description of the dark side choices for a Sith and now you gave me one. :D

Yea the lack of a light side romance I found really disappointing. I thought the fact that you could make her go LS or DS was fantastic and I was really looking forward to doing the LS romance, was leveling away to get there, and then I found out it wasn't an option. Pretty disappointing. Haven't worked up the desire to hop back on that toon since.