Sexy armor

cnowak

This whole thread is sexist (no doubt about it, because only women armor leaves the belly exposed) and brings an overly emotional, negative response from people. I particularily feel offended by it. I think there is little doubt this post was made for shock value, and the strong reactions prove it.

This breaks code of conduct and must be deleted.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thread is sexist (no doubt about it, because only women armor leaves the belly exposed) and brings an overly emotional, negative response from people. I particularily feel offended by it. I think there is little doubt this post was made for shock value, and the strong reactions prove it.

This breaks code of conduct and must be deleted.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

Covert Torso Energy Armor.

Nice try though.

I opened all 3 to skim and read later, but when I read the title of the second one, I couldn't stop laughing. Cant take any article with that bad of an editor seriously.

"Opinion: Video games and Male Gaze - are we men or boys?"

LOL "Male Gaze" next to a picture of a female rear end. LOL

I know this is off topic, but i play equal male and female characters.

Both genders for each class. One gender for each advanced class. My current class i am leveling, is a female Vanguard. Last week, i finished leveling my male Mercenary. The week before that, my female Sith Marauder. And even further back I created my male Commando and Operative leveled them up to their second planets.

Another consideration of dressing one's toon/companions in these abbreviated outfits: Level up, say, a Jedi sage, with a Republic Dancer's top being part of the ensemble (more than likely not the entire 'bikini' look, though), and when it's time to swap out the War Hero top for the Elite War Hero top, drop the former article onto Nadia Grell.

The reason being is that it is more expensive to pull all the modifications from the old garment out than it is to simply pony up for a new top and drop the Elite mods into it. So now both the sage and Nadia are wearing bikini tops. In this instance, if someone else took exception to this, I would be perfectly willing to accept their credits, in the requisite amount, to obtain a new look for Nadia. Otherwise, if they had no intention of putting their credits where their crying is, I would offer them a nice hot cup of Shut Up.

Find examples of loincloth wearing barbarians in Star Wars and I'll agree with you till the cows come home. Don't though, and I'll fight the option tooth and nail. It's not about equality, it's about a universe that's been created.

Hmmm, well Hutts are hermaphrodites and some of them take on feminine characteristics, so it's safe to assume that there are sexy slave-boys as well? :rak_02:

We have a thread about removing clothes from female population, putting them in space bikinis and moderators dont act about it? This is outrageous. Look at the strong emotional responses. This is trolling at his finest. The shock value is there. I am ofended by all of this. Delete delete delete delete delete! Edited by gabusan

We have a thread about removing clothes from female population, putting them in space bikinis and moderators dont act about it? This is outrageous. Look at the strong emotional responses. This is trolling at his finest. The shock value is there. I am ofended by all of this. Delete delete delete delete delete!

The force is... actually pretty weak with this one.

I wrote:

I did try the elegant lounge top on my female vanguard over the weekend, but it didn't really fit the role that well. Maybe Justicar territory wasn't the best spot for it, or maybe it just doesn't fit this character.

It's likely the class. The outfit just doesn't seem Trooper. Not that one has to wear heavy OMGSOMUCH ARMOR but the class just has a feel to it, to wear a bit more than that.

I have about that same look on my SW and my SI has that top with the social vendor dress. It works well for them. Because when it comes to Jedi/Sith one just doesn't think "needs armor"

Yeah, that's pretty much it: Doesn't seem very Trooper-like.

The only female characters I felt comfortable equipping scantily-clad armor were the two I patterned after Kei and Yuri from the Dirty Pair anime series from the 80s and 90s. I'm getting some other armor ready since they wear rather normal-looking clothing while off-duty in the various TV and OVA episodes, so I can role-play that a bit too.

I'm also bringing in a male consular using body type 3 and once he gains enough levels I'm giving him the Covert Energy Armor for the torso so he'll be like Major Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist. The Strong Arm Sage, or something like that. PIty I haven't got enough legacy for the unarmed combat attacks.

Now if only Christopher Sabat could have voiced him... :D

Yeah, that's pretty much it: Doesn't seem very Trooper-like.

The only female characters I felt comfortable equipping scantily-clad armor were the two I patterned after Kei and Yuri from the Dirty Pair anime series from the 80s and 90s. I'm getting some other armor ready since they wear rather normal-looking clothing while off-duty in the various TV and OVA episodes, so I can role-play that a bit too.

I'm also bringing in a male consular using body type 3 and once he gains enough levels I'm giving him the Covert Energy Armor for the torso so he'll be like Major Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist. The Strong Arm Sage, or something like that. PIty I haven't got enough legacy for the unarmed combat attacks.

Now if only Christopher Sabat could have voiced him... :D

Hmmm...I didn't consider my two scantily clad, but maybe that's just because I used the Elegant Loungewear Top, and went with robe bottom and actual leggings (though I wasnt even planning to use the longwear top on the jedi, just happened to get it from a pack and thought "might as well use it") :p

Something I might suggest for your trooper is what I did with my BH (and thusly Mako...since they're twins) is the Covert Pilot Leggings, Gloves, Boots, Belt and the Destroyer Chest Piece. Armored up, but not as bulky as a lot of the BH/Trooper Armor.

Hmmm...I didn't consider my two scantily clad, but maybe that's just because I used the Elegant Loungewear Top, and went with robe bottom and actual leggings (though I wasnt even planning to use the longwear top on the jedi, just happened to get it from a pack and thought "might as well use it") :p

Hm. Mine wear normal pants too, though the elegant loungewear top is definitely a bit exposing in the "my eyes are up here" category. It covers less skin than Kei and Yuri's uniform tops from the anime, at least. :cool:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Anri/swtor2013-01-0513-02-40-22.jpg

"My eyes are up here, Corso!"

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Anri/swtor2013-01-0513-04-20-07.jpg

"*sigh* Nevermind."

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Yuri/swtor2013-01-0601-57-30-56.jpg

KIra: "You're not going to make me wear that, are you?"

Yuri'el: *cackles evilly*

Kira: :eek:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Yuri/swtor2013-01-0520-34-17-96.jpg

Yuri'el: So, young Padawan. Do you know the difference between a friend and a true friend?

Kira: ....

Something I might suggest for your trooper is what I did with my BH (and thusly Mako...since they're twins) is the Covert Pilot Leggings, Gloves, Boots, Belt and the Destroyer Chest Piece. Armored up, but not as bulky as a lot of the BH/Trooper Armor.

I'll try to look up the Destroyer Chest Piece, though I've already looked at the boots and found them a bit bulky. Plus I'm trying to cut down on Cartel Coin expenditures, though if I find something nifty on the GTN for a reasonable price I'll definitely snap it up.

Hmmm, well Hutts are hermaphrodites and some of them take on feminine characteristics, so it's safe to assume that there are sexy slave-boys as well? :rak_02:
I can't beat this logic. Again all I have to say is, Give Us Loincloths!

Actually, I'd probably make a male that could rock it. My male consular currently rocks the covert energy top, revans bottom, and i think some wonky combination of formal fill in the rest of the spots. This is the point I'm going to mention/propose allowing males to wear social slave gear. I want sandals and those awesome "gloves" on my consular damnit!

I can't beat this logic. Again all I have to say is, Give Us Loincloths!

Actually, I'd probably make a male that could rock it. My male consular currently rocks the covert energy top, revans bottom, and i think some wonky combination of formal fill in the rest of the spots. This is the point I'm going to mention/propose allowing males to wear social slave gear. I want sandals and those awesome "gloves" on my consular damnit!

Hm. I made a Jedi Sage w/body type 3, to bring balance to the fan serv-um, I mean The Force.

Meet Alexand'r

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Alex/swtor2013-01-1222-22-38-61.jpg

I need to find blue pants. Or a blue uniform. I think there's one called the Republic Officer's uniform, but it requires Social IV or so. Oh well.

how can you stare at a man's butt for hours, days and months? I don't understand you people.

First of all, about half the world's population does not think there is anything wrong with looking at a man's behind occasionally (and you should be happy for it too)

Second, if you are staring at your character's behind for hours, days and months, then you are both doing something wrong with playing the game and probably should seek professional help ...

LOL at the people that play girl characters because "I don't want to stare at a guys butt!". I play ALL male characters and "staring at their butts" has never even crosses my mind. Nor would I choose to play a female character simply so I can stare at her digital butt.... that's very... juvenile. I'd actually be curious to know if there are any post 25 year old guys that do this. It seems like something a 12-15 year old would do.

Wrong game - sexy armor isn't really part of Star Wars, at least in the movies.

Sure, there is Leia in one scene, but that's about it.

If you want sexy armor, go to one of the many fantasy MMOs out there. Star Wars-looks are very different.

Also, all the slave outfits are making the game trashy. When they were limited to the security key and social vendor, and weren't adaptive, there weren't many people using them.

Now a lot of guys rolling female characters, or their companions, look like strippers, and they are all over the fleet. It's lame, and speaks volumes for how much these people need to get out more!

Fully customisable armor for 300 creds a piece might be one reason people wear this. More choice would probably mean a lot less slave girls running around.

Some people just want to dress like a girl, not a nun, and not a ******.

• 1 year later...