Esseles Level Range?

I have thus far been unable to find information on the intended level range of The Esseles. I know you can get there at 10, but that seems odd since the appropriate classes don't have tanking abilities, or in some cases even healing abilities at that time. Can anyone tell me the level range for this place?

From beta I noticed that it's nice if someone tries to act as tank and someone steps up to heal, but the most important thing was to focus DPS on one target at a time so the damage output of the enemy groups dropped fastest.

That's all.

^^This...

For Esseles and Black Talon coordinated DPS and paying attention to adds will get you through pretty easily. Healer makes it easy, my recommendation for both is 3 DPS, 1 healer, but 4 DPS is very, very do-able... (As of Beta, I am still not in Launch yet... :( )

Is their anyway to get your companions to dodge those avoidable damage spells from the last boss? I found my self healing (consualr) my brother (sentinal) and throwing an occasional heal to companions because they choose to stand in spells :(.

I have run the Esseles several times in Early Access. Tips:

Off tank the strongest enemy while the weaker enemies are focus fired or aoe'd down if they are very weak.

Use the explosive canisters if possible - easy XP.

Most of the DPS companions can off tank quite well, except on bosses. I did find that in some cases the companions would bug and either not attack, or if you are in a group conversation or between different levels, unsummon themselves. :mad:

You do NOT need a dedicated healer, but if one of the DPS classes who has a heal spell is ready if the boss tank needs a heal then with a bit of coordination with the tanks consumables it is easily 2 manned.

Done both of them multiple times over the last two days, you can be any role at all.. it doesn't matter one bit.. the waves of enemies die in moments, the bosses just need you to remain alert.. (run away from the little flamer droids on the mon calamari boss in BT for example)

Everyone is so used to this holy trinity of dungeons.. it's really not needed in this early content of tor, just roll on in there and mash your buttons :p

^^This...

For Esseles and Black Talon coordinated DPS and paying attention to adds will get you through pretty easily. Healer makes it easy, my recommendation for both is 3 DPS, 1 healer, but 4 DPS is very, very do-able... (As of Beta, I am still not in Launch yet... :( )

4 'Tanks' could do it too! I put tanks in quotes because at level 12ish, 3 Guardians and whatever the trooper Tank class is are barely considered tanks at those levels.

To the OP: 9-12ish. At 13+, you should be off the station and following your chosen faction's next planet. I think on the Hard setting, it could even be stretched a little higher than 13, but I never really got to play Hard mode since most people were doing other Flashpoints by then.

4 'Tanks' could do it too! I put tanks in quotes because at level 12ish, 3 Guardians and whatever the trooper Tank class is are barely considered tanks at those levels.

QFT

I did it at level 11 for the first time on my Vanguard, and I had no taunt, no defensive cooldowns, no threat multiplier, no significant advantage in total endurance over my DPS friend and very little passive damage avoidance/mitigation.

It is a good thing you do not need a tank because at that level Vanguards are not tanks yet!

You dont need specific role abilities for that flash-point (ie: tank)

10-12 is common for a player level

this, In the beta me (jedi sage) and my cousin (Jedi Sentinel) 2 manned this instance with our companions and me healing, no real tanking is required.

Done the Essesles maybe 5-6 times, and you dont even need a tank, any group who can target the right mobs will get through it just fine. I think the only heals we ever had were the self heals after the fight also, its rather easy, so dont sweat it about getting a healer or tank in there, any classes work fine. Edited by NirvyCN

Dang, I must really suck :(

Had several goes at Esseles yesterday with my Jedi Guardian (level 11). Never managed to get past Ironfist. And that was with a full group (2x10 and 2x11).

Guess I'll have another go (or more) at it today...

I as a consular tank (as much sa a lvl 11 consular can be called a tank lol) and a Jedi Sentinel friend, would have 2 manned the whole instance easily if it wasn't for Ironfist. We had him down to less than 10% twice, but eventually went back when we were both 14 and 2 manned it. 4 players over level 10 should be able to beat ironfist, and the rest of the instance is trivial anyway.

Edited by foxter

Esseles is doable by 2 lvl 11s and thier companions. though Ironfist is a difficult fight, and actually the hardest boss in this flashpoint, he can be done at 11. as a jedi knight and jedi consular it is probably even easier. as the trandoshan and the droid are both tanks and actually have taunts. they complimented each other very well on boss fights also, fighting each other for aggro so neither took too much damage. i'd be interested to see how a trooper/smuggler duo does on this one.

My wife and I each have a toon set aside just for us to play together. We weren't able to clear it until she spec'd to heals (Sage) and my Knight spec'd to Guardian in full heavy armor. Companions helped a ton too. There's a lot of tank the boss, switch to the adds and clear them, then back on the boss until more adds come to the boss' rescue. Rinse and repeat until the fight's over. The adds don't disappear when the bosses are down... they continue to fight. So someone will have to at least off-tank the boss and doing that as melee in squishy gear can be problematic - especially without heals. Might be different with ranged tanking tho. Haven't tried that yet. Edited by GalacticKegger

My friend and I both at 11, took our time to enjoy the instance.

He ---> Jedi Guardian

Me ---> Jedi Sage

cleared it with ease... as long as you have some raiding experience in WoW or other raiding experience in other online games.

At level 13, it was just too easy for both of us.