episode 7 and beyond

clonewarsisbest

when disney bought lucas films they annouced that they are making episodes 7, 8, and 9. and later probably make episodes 10, 11 ,and 12. with all of the talk on the story line i was also wondering what the stories will. since there will probably be two trilogies i think that the first trilogy will take place in the yuuzhan vong war, and the second trilogy will take place in the second galactic civil war. what do you think about this?

when disney bought lucas films they annouced that they are making episodes 7, 8, and 9. and later probably make episodes 10, 11 ,and 12. with all of the talk on the story line i was also wondering what the stories will. since there will probably be two trilogies i think that the first trilogy will take place in the yuuzhan vong war, and the second trilogy will take place in the second galactic civil war. what do you think about this?

Episodes 7-9 will be differant than any of the EU novels. None of those will be made into films. There won't be episodes 10-12. It was stated that there would be other movies in between the main episodes, but these will be differant stories based on differant main characters. Episodes 7-9 will still follow the Skywalker family. I have read absolutely nothing regarding 10-12. Do not expect the Vong or 2nd GCW wars to be the setting for the next three episodes.

I heard that Lucas had already planned a 7-12 for Star Wars. I also read that Disney will not be making anything in the EU into a movie and that they will be developing something 'new' I expect disney will take the work already done by lucas and mash it into something new.

i do think that these will be the stories because there has been strong evidence that they are probably be hiring the actors who played luke, leia, and han. and as far as i know of there are no other galaxy wide wars in that time period.

Looks like it's time for the "younger" audience, who didn't grow up with only the Original Trilogy, to learn why the "old" generation of Star Wars fans isn't all that happy with the prequels or The Clone Wars.

They both changed our view of the Star Wars universe quite a bit (and trampled on established EU to some degree).

My only hope is that the movies, though separate from the EU might take some inspiration from some of the better concepts, by doing this the universe might be spared from some of the sillier stuff like the super weapon arms race and jedi Hutt, but keeping some of the better things such as the idea that the Empire didn't simply collapse over night

Looks like it's time for the "younger" audience, who didn't grow up with only the Original Trilogy, to learn why the "old" generation of Star Wars fans isn't all that happy with the prequels or The Clone Wars.

They both changed our view of the Star Wars universe quite a bit (and trampled on established EU to some degree).

Lucas has said many times he doesn't like the Post ROTJ EU and the EU in general. Don't expect it to be based of the EU. They might take elements from it so we might eventually get a movie with Thrawn in it but don't expect it to be like Heir to the Empire.

But yeah now the majoirty of the Star Wars fan base is quickly becoming one that grew up with the Prequels. So take that as you will.

Lucas has said many times he doesn't like the Post ROTJ EU and the EU in general. Don't expect it to be based of the EU. They might take elements from it so we might eventually get a movie with Thrawn in it but don't expect it to be like Heir to the Empire.

But yeah now the majoirty of the Star Wars fan base is quickly becoming one that grew up with the Prequels. So take that as you will.

Think of it as an opportunity to observe yourself circa 1999

You have to remember how vastly different the star wars movies are now, from how they were originally written (when episodes 1-12 were first conceived) how the current 7 8 and 9 would be the end of the story. (there should have been 3 more before the first trilogy, that's now impossible sadly). :(

You have to remember how vastly different the star wars movies are now, from how they were originally written (when episodes 1-12 were first conceived) how the current 7 8 and 9 would be the end of the story. (there should have been 3 more before the first trilogy, that's now impossible sadly). :(

why ??