Introducing TORBattles.net

leijae

You're now able to add alt toons to TORBattles.net

However these alts will not show up on the leaderboards until around 4pm central time.

*WARNING* Please refrain from using the Profile Editor until after 4pm. However, it is ok to begin adding alts immediately.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since no Sage/Sorcs seem to want to put something up, I'll go ahead and take a few spots for now..

Come on Sages/Sorcs, can't be having no Solo Queuer on the tops of the charts.

Edit: BTW, the site doesn't require you to upload to a hosting site which is very nice. Just upload it directly from your PC.

Edit #2. Umm, can you remove images? I just realized that my overall damage and most kills was on my gear feeder Sage (Kaito) and not on Kayko.. AND.. also just noticed I selected solo kills instead of just kills... Yup, Fail much here. Go figure, the lesser of the geared sages would be the ones I take screen shots for.

Edited by _Kayko_

Well, since no Sage/Sorcs seem to want to put something up, I'll go ahead and take a few spots for now..

Come on Sages/Sorcs, can't be having no Solo Queuer on the tops of the charts.

Edit: BTW, the site doesn't require you to upload to a hosting site which is very nice. Just upload it directly from your PC.

Edit #2. Umm, can you remove images? I just realized that my overall damage and most kills was on my gear feeder Sage (Kaito) and not on Kayko.. AND.. also just noticed I selected solo kills instead of just kills... Yup, Fail much here. Go figure, the lesser of the geared sages would be the ones I take screen shots for.

users aren't able to delete their submissions yet. if you want I can reset your whole account and you can submit everything all over again.

Edited by leijae

*UPDATE* Over the course of the last few days, I've done this:

Created a new table for alt characters - now you can add alts to your account and make submissions.

Altered "My Profile" to allow a view for multiple toons for one account

Added killing blows to leaderboard

Added Show Top 10 or 15 to leadboard sorting options

IE support, now more bright background with white text - you should now see a more neutral background with black text (if you're on IE 9, then i pity you)

Leaderboards now show alts that have a rating.

Added profile view of each Alt

DID I MENTION YOU CAN NOW ADD ALTS!

Also, welcome Obiray to the TORBattles.net Team. He will be helping me with new ideas, cleaning up the site, and admin'ing the forums (when they are available), and other admin duties at TORB

*Next Update* - 6/10 or 6/11

Rules Page - Completed

Forums

Some new leaderboards

Sort on leaderboard remembers you options

Any thoughts on adding an advanced stat like OPS(on base plus slugging)?

Call it "DPH" or something? Most combined(min in all three to qualify).

Define OPS

Define DPH

Most combined (damage protection healing?)

Define OPS

Define DPH

Most combined (damage protection healing?)

Firstly if you don't know baseball

-OPS = Onbase% + slugging%

-Onbase% = Your total times on base (walk,hit, or hit-by-pitch) divided by your plate appearances.

-Plate Appearance = How many times you came to the plate regardless of outcome.

-Slugging% = How many total bases(an out= 0, single =1, etc etc) you got divided by your at-bats.

-At-Bats = How many times you came to the plate minus your walks and hbp.

OPS is a "advanced" stat in baseball to determine how much someone is helping your team. Basically slugging percentage is a good indication of how well a hitter is doing. The higher the number, the more bases they are taking via hitting. However this stat does not account for walks or hit by pitches, so it leaves out a percentage of plate appearances that are important. On base percentage determines how well a person gets on base regardless of what he does (a home run and walk count as the same). Basically OPS combines these 2 stats in an attempt to get a more reliable stat that can incorporate everything.

So with out the baseball terms, OPS is a more effective way to determine a hitters effectiveness as opposed to the traditionally kept stats ( batting avg, slugging, onbase, etc).

DPH looks to be Damage + Protection + Healing. Basically he is asking for a new stat perhaps to determine someone's effectiveness, which could be adding those 3 stats.

Edited by Fouronezero

Firstly if you don't know baseball

-OPS = Onbase% + slugging%

-Onbase% = Your total times on base (walk,hit, or hit-by-pitch) divided by your plate appearances.

-Plate Appearance = How many times you came to the plate regardless of outcome.

-Slugging% = How many total bases(an out= 0, single =1, etc etc) you got divided by your at-bats.

-At-Bats = How many times you came to the plate minus your walks and hbp.

OPS is a "advanced" stat in baseball to determine how much someone is helping your team. Basically slugging percentage is a good indication of how well a hitter is doing. The higher the number, the more bases they are taking via hitting. However this stat does not account for walks or hit by pitches, so it leaves out a percentage of plate appearances that are important. On base percentage determines how well a person gets on base regardless of what he does (a home run and walk count as the same). Basically OPS combines these 2 stats in an attempt to get a more reliable stat that can incorporate everything.

So with out the baseball terms, OPS is a more effective way to determine a hitters effectiveness as opposed to the traditionally kept stats ( batting avg, slugging, onbase, etc).

DPH looks to be Damage + Protection + Healing. Basically he is asking for a new stat perhaps to determine someone's effectiveness, which could be adding those 3 stats.

what i meant was more, how do i convert the the stats to swtor. i'm not that great at math (finshed algebra in college, then no more math)

I would be glad to make that stat for the website somewhere, just provide me with a forumula.

Pretty much, I can do any stat, just provide me with the correct formula.

what i meant was more, how do i convert the the stats to swtor. i'm not that great at math (finshed algebra in college, then no more math)

I would be glad to make that stat for the website somewhere, just provide me with a forumula.

Pretty much, I can do any stat, just provide me with the correct formula.

Well I was thinking add all three, but it would leave some AC's out....

The reason I was looking at this was I see some DPS contribution to the heals in a pinch and vise versa. To me, those type of contributions should be a stat, because it is a more broad determination of a players contribution to a warzone.....

Now that we are going down this road, I think a better analysis of a high number submitted should take into account the teammates and opposition...

Meditate on this, I will..

But your site is a great start for a real rating system...

Edited by L-RANDLE

users aren't able to delete their submissions yet. if you want I can reset your whole account and you can submit everything all over again.

Ya, I think this would be the best way to go for now. I'll re-up them under the right names and hopefully grab the right categories.

Well I was thinking add all three, but it would leave some AC's out....

The reason I was looking at this was I see some DPS contribution to the heals in a pinch and vise versa. To me, those type of contributions should be a stat, because it is a more broad determination of a players contribution to a warzone.....

Now that we are going down this road, I think a better analysis of a high number submitted should take into account the teammates and opposition...

Meditate on this, I will..

But your site is a great start for a real rating system...

I could do something thing along the lines of "Most Effective by Designation" But this would be difficult. This is why:

A assassins can tank and DPS, so can guardians and vanguards. I could do damage / protection = most effective or protection/damage = most effective

I can do the same thing with heals/damage for sages commandos and operatives. with heals/dps = most effective

the what about sents and snipers? dps/dps? can't do it. while i'm certainly open to the idea of making a most effective by advanced class or designation, ie heal tank dps, i need better formulas to calculate it. as i said, i'm not a theory crafter by any means, but i'm well versed in the ways of Aristotle and thus will take your theories and turn them into practical uses.

Ok all of your stats have been cleared out.

There appears to be a bug with the "most kills" category. After submitting, the profile screens lists them as category "Solo Kills (Single Warzone)" though is still does come up in the leaderboard search section under "Most Kills".

Was wondering if you could also create links on the main page to each of the categories? Example would be the first one showing "Damage Per Second", to be able to click that and it will take me to the top 10 overall in that specific category.

There appears to be a bug with the "most kills" category. After submitting, the profile screens lists them as category "Solo Kills (Single Warzone)" though is still does come up in the leaderboard search section under "Most Kills".

Was wondering if you could also create links on the main page to each of the categories? Example would be the first one showing "Damage Per Second", to be able to click that and it will take me to the top 10 overall in that specific category.

Ok I think i fixed that issue, it was a matter of copy/paste and not editing what had been pasted completely.

Also someone wanted to have the images open in a different window? i addressed this issue by assigning the images to a lightbox. users can now click the "Image" link to view images and either click the "close", press ESC key, or click out of the image scope to exit the lightbox

as far as linking categories on homepage - Done.

Leaderboards now remember you selected options

Edited by leijae

A couple more requests for possible future features:

#1's per class/mirror ( Like the main page, but able to see all the number 1's sorted by the class + mirror.) It would give people the chance to quickly search by the class+mirror on what to take a screen cap. I can get at best 2 screen caps in the time before I get kicked out. ( I assume limited screen caps were to prevent an old lag exploit) or it's just on my end that has this issue.

#1's per server. Just to keep somewhat of a competition within specific servers going.

And yup, it was nothing more then a wording error on what was displayed in the profile. The correct term is now being displayed for most kills.

Edited by _Kayko_

Hello everyone! I just finished one of the last updates before our Official Launch this Friday.

Here's what I've been up to.

Fixed issues with users that had apostrophes in their names

Began testing a "Flag Submission For Review" system

Working on a system that allows users to delete or edit old submissions

USERS CAN NOW SUBMIT STREAMS FOR THE TORBATTLES.NET STREAM COLLECTION

Added a lightbox to view images

Various fixes to torbattles.net

Thanks again for being in the BETA!

Edited by leijae

...quietly rolling out some new features. head on over to TORBattles.net to check them out.

also when you get there check out the streams page, and tell me if you like the set up. i need some input about that.

All I get, when trying to upload a screenshot is "*** MAN!" ...

try logging out of your account, then logging back in. that error comes up when someone tries to upload an image for an alt, but the alt may not exist.