Help for a friend

HIsBaldness

I have a friend who is free to play, and has hit the credit cap. The chances of going to a preferred status are not likely. He is a level 38 Sith Marauder with all moddable armor. He has underworld trading as his crew skill and makes back the creds he spends very quickly. Of course, he recently arrived on Hoth and doesn’t feel like going forward if he is going to lose out on credits. What should he buy/invest in?

Thanks!

Hi there. So, to help a bit I can try.

So, Hoth... very complex and for me, totally awesome planet. First of all, he should pick up all quests, do that H2+ quests, because they are really easy to solo with companion. Also, you get here a new companion( dunno for sure, maybe on planet before this or after this). So, do heroics, group together with anyone and harvest COMMENDATIONS. As far as I know, commendation gearing is the BEST way to gear up oneself and his/hers companion. So get out, kill everything you can, or at least die trying ! You are going to get at least 40 comms by only doing all the heriocs and quests... so harvest them, buy all the new gear, and by the time you finish this planet, you are going to be like two or three levels above next planet level range. It would be Belsavis, which is mostly tiresome planet, but, for some....

TL;DR : harvest commendations, buy gear with that. That your friend should do above all. And when he reaches level cap( now 50), he would be decently geared for to begin Hard Mode Flashpoints ;)

:rak_03:

Hi there. So, to help a bit I can try.

So, Hoth... very complex and for me, totally awesome planet. First of all, he should pick up all quests, do that H2+ quests, because they are really easy to solo with companion. Also, you get here a new companion( dunno for sure, maybe on planet before this or after this). So, do heroics, group together with anyone and harvest COMMENDATIONS. As far as I know, commendation gearing is the BEST way to gear up oneself and his/hers companion. So get out, kill everything you can, or at least die trying ! You are going to get at least 40 comms by only doing all the heriocs and quests... so harvest them, buy all the new gear, and by the time you finish this planet, you are going to be like two or three levels above next planet level range. It would be Belsavis, which is mostly tiresome planet, but, for some....

TL;DR : harvest commendations, buy gear with that. That your friend should do above all. And when he reaches level cap( now 50), he would be decently geared for to begin Hard Mode Flashpoints ;)

:rak_03:

Well first of all,you never asked the question the OP asked. What i would do is if he doesn't plan on lvling another toon for a while,create one anyways so he can transfer creds to this toon.that would pretty much guarentee a double return on creds.Second thing he could try is to go buy high dollar mats of the market that maybe he can resale at a later time or has to use if he ever goes preferred or decides to sub up.

Also things he can stack up on is arenals and stims for endgame,If he decides to do endgame ops. He can collect quite alot from his current lvl to 50 so that's one of the best investment he can make so he dont miss out of the extra creds.;)

"Radioactive Paste" and "Mandalorian Iron" are probably the 2 mid cost items that hold their value pretty well right now.

The best thing to get to really extend your credit cap is "Molecular Stabilizer" but that can go for around 200,000 credits, which is all his money.

Once he hits 50, he'll be able to accumulate 200,000 credits pretty quickly and he'll probably want to just use a stack of "Molecular Stabilizer" if he wants to continue playing. These are not only good for trading to other players, but they are also the most expensive ingredient to make the really good stuff for his own character.

The main issue is that he'll have difficulty making use of those items if he doesn't upgrade to preferred. Here's how you'd go about using your credits after level 50:

You find a crafter that can make the best lightsaber hilt (or blaster barrel) in the game and work out a trade where you supply him all the materials and a tip and he crafts it for you. These currently take 8 "Molecular Stabilizers" and a bunch of other much lower cost items. The total cost in raw materials comes to around 2 million credits, I think. You'd probably offer that crafter another "Molecular Stabilizer" as a tip for his services.

The best way to really facilitate this sort of arrangement is to secure trade with the person, which you can't do as a free-to-play account, but you can do as preferred.

For that reason, if he is enjoying the game and thinks he'd like to continue to use the economy, I strongly recommend trying to convince him to spend $6 and buy something from the cartel market so that he gets upgraded to preferred. If he were to buy an additional crew skill, then he'd have a total of 3 (+1 for being preferred and +1 because he bought it) in addition to the other perks of being preferred (more action bars, more gtn sales, the ability to trade with other players, cargo hold inventory storage, general chat access in all areas). That will facilitate him making money faster as well as making use of that money more easily later on.

"Radioactive Paste" and "Mandalorian Iron" are probably the 2 mid cost items that hold their value pretty well right now.

The best thing to get to really extend your credit cap is "Molecular Stabilizer" but that can go for around 200,000 credits, which is all his money.

Once he hits 50, he'll be able to accumulate 200,000 credits pretty quickly and he'll probably want to just use a stack of "Molecular Stabilizer" if he wants to continue playing. These are not only good for trading to other players, but they are also the most expensive ingredient to make the really good stuff for his own character.

The main issue is that he'll have difficulty making use of those items if he doesn't upgrade to preferred. Here's how you'd go about using your credits after level 50:

You find a crafter that can make the best lightsaber hilt (or blaster barrel) in the game and work out a trade where you supply him all the materials and a tip and he crafts it for you. These currently take 8 "Molecular Stabilizers" and a bunch of other much lower cost items. The total cost in raw materials comes to around 2 million credits, I think. You'd probably offer that crafter another "Molecular Stabilizer" as a tip for his services.

The best way to really facilitate this sort of arrangement is to secure trade with the person, which you can't do as a free-to-play account, but you can do as preferred.

For that reason, if he is enjoying the game and thinks he'd like to continue to use the economy, I strongly recommend trying to convince him to spend $6 and buy something from the cartel market so that he gets upgraded to preferred. If he were to buy an additional crew skill, then he'd have a total of 3 (+1 for being preferred and +1 because he bought it) in addition to the other perks of being preferred (more action bars, more gtn sales, the ability to trade with other players, cargo hold inventory storage, general chat access in all areas). That will facilitate him making money faster as well as making use of that money more easily later on.

This. Preferred never goes away. It's a solid investment + he can grab some nice moddable stuff off the CM.