The developers are seriously bias towards Jedi and Sith warrior classes

Individual

Look at what they got in 2.0 to any other class in terms of DPS. Look at all the buffs these classes have gotten over the duration of this game since release. If there is any tech class that can out dmg any force users, they nerf them to the point that they're worthless. Look what they did to Operatives.... I do believe the operative nerf was due to a certain point, but now they allow Shadows and Sins to do the exact same thing that Operatives were able to do before. Look what they did to the Rage tree this last patch. They nerfed smash but increased the overall dmg of all the other abilities by 15%. Not everyone wants to be a force user, but if we aren't, we literally get punished for in warzones. Look what they did to the BH class since game release. They destroyed merc DPS, and they now destroyed PT dps. I'm really sick and tired of trying to voice any feedback what so ever as the developers will do as they please anyways.

Look at what they got in 2.0 to any other class in terms of DPS. Look at all the buffs these classes have gotten over the duration of this game since release. If there is any tech class that can out dmg any force users, they nerf them to the point that they're worthless. Look what they did to Operatives....
Operatives are amazing right now. Competing with Sins for strongest 1v1 class. Extremely potent healer in Warzones (take a look at healing stats on healing records in the respective thread - Ops top the list by a good margin).

Look what they did to the Rage tree this last patch. They nerfed smash but increased the overall dmg of all the other abilities by 15%.

15% crit damage increase is not overall 15% damage increase.

Not everyone wants to be a force user, but if we aren't, we literally get punished for in warzones. Look what they did to the BH class since game release. They destroyed merc DPS, and they now destroyed PT dps. I'm really sick and tired of trying to voice any feedback what so ever as the developers will do as they please anyways.

Gunnery/Arsenal is amazing. Electro Net is raw, unrefined sex. No escape, 1 rotation with lucky crits, 2 rotations without lucky crits and you're dead if you don't use 2+ min cooldowns. 2 instant Gravs with Tech Override, no more need to stack Gravs to maximize Demolition.

Yes, Pyro got nerfed. But AP is in a fairly good spot right now. Very durable, very flexible.

Also, Snipers.

Edited by Helig

You are being crazy, and I see no evidence of any bias whatsoever in terms of actual gameplay.

Storytelling... yes, I think the writers have a bit of a fan-on for the Jedi Knight which should have been brought under control. But in terms of game balance? I don't agree with anything you're saying, really.

You are being crazy, and I see no evidence of any bias whatsoever in terms of actual gameplay.

Storytelling... yes, I think the writers have a bit of a fan-on for the Jedi Knight which should have been brought under control. But in terms of game balance? I don't agree with anything you're saying, really.

I wouldn't really say that. Frankly, I found the Knight boring as all get-out. The IA is way better and at least the Smuggy is funny in a lot of places.

As for game balance? Okay. I'm finally able to play my Sniper solo in the higher levels and I actually managed to get together a Scoundrel build that's actually playable. So, no. I don't agree that they got "nerfed." Quite the opposite- imho they finally got fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
Look at what they got in 2.0 to any other class in terms of DPS. Look at all the buffs these classes have gotten over the duration of this game since release. If there is any tech class that can out dmg any force users, they nerf them to the point that they're worthless. Look what they did to Operatives.... I do believe the operative nerf was due to a certain point, but now they allow Shadows and Sins to do the exact same thing that Operatives were able to do before. Look what they did to the Rage tree this last patch. They nerfed smash but increased the overall dmg of all the other abilities by 15%. Not everyone wants to be a force user, but if we aren't, we literally get punished for in warzones. Look what they did to the BH class since game release. They destroyed merc DPS, and they now destroyed PT dps. I'm really sick and tired of trying to voice any feedback what so ever as the developers will do as they please anyways.

qq more and stop dragging down other BHs with your lackluster dps

You know, Iv'e played MMO's for years now. One thing never changes, Dev's always favor the melee classes. A friend of mine who only rolls melee classes, explained that it's the only way to balance melee classes versus their range counterparts(Meaning if they get in melee range they're suppose to kill you). I don't agree, however the dev's seem to.

Edited by Odyseus

Yes, Pyro got nerfed. But AP is in a fairly good spot right now. Very durable, very flexible.

Also, Snipers.

Durable yes, but AP is a DPS spec that doesn't do any.

Every attack does what? 4K? maybe 5K if you are super lucky? AND your best two attacks are on a 15 second CD. Healers are laughing at you, and so are the Jedi that hit for twice that. Better yet, show me a few battlefield screenshots with 6K medals with AP. Smashers get a 6K medal every match on their first hit.

PT is in a sad state, the DPS specs need to be fixed.

Durable yes, but AP is a DPS spec that doesn't do any.

Every attack does what? 4K? maybe 5K if you are super lucky? AND your best two attacks are on a 15 second CD. Healers are laughing at you, and so are the Jedi that hit for twice that. Better yet, show me a few battlefield screenshots with 6K medals with AP. Smashers get a 6K medal every match on their first hit.

PT is in a sad state, the DPS specs need to be fixed.

Why doesn't it never come to people's mind that being a DPS doesn't necessarly mean "healer chaser" and they can be more suited for something else ?

Really... why haven't I seen anywhere on the forums yet that PT are extremly good at downing tanks and guarded targets ?

I'm serious about it. PT are monsters when it comes to AoEs and elemental damage.

About Knights... you don't care they can have *one* hit that can hit harder (the other ones hit for less by the way), when you can manage to put you at a range where only you can attack, and not him. Knights don't laugh at all when they can't fight back.

About the 6K medal, that's only a medal for one fluff number. Yes, fluff. Put an Explosive Dart/Sticky grenade on someone, and add it to whatever hit you do and you'll deal these 6K. Okay, that's not a single hit, and do not grant you a medal, but that's the same on your ennemies.

So, no PTs are not DPS that do not have DPS and need to be fixed. They just need to be played differently, by knowing your pros, your flaws, and knowing your place.

Why doesn't it never come to people's mind that being a DPS doesn't necessarly mean "healer chaser" and they can be more suited for something else ?

Really... why haven't I seen anywhere on the forums yet that PT are extremly good at downing tanks and guarded targets ?

I'm serious about it. PT are monsters when it comes to AoEs and elemental damage.

About Knights... you don't care they can have *one* hit that can hit harder (the other ones hit for less by the way), when you can manage to put you at a range where only you can attack, and not him. Knights don't laugh at all when they can't fight back.

About the 6K medal, that's only a medal for one fluff number. Yes, fluff. Put an Explosive Dart/Sticky grenade on someone, and add it to whatever hit you do and you'll deal these 6K. Okay, that's not a single hit, and do not grant you a medal, but that's the same on your ennemies.

So, no PTs are not DPS that do not have DPS and need to be fixed. They just need to be played differently, by knowing your pros, your flaws, and knowing your place.

AOE monsters? They can AOE, but they aren't masters at it.

The developers have engineered Jedi Knights and Sith warriors to be so simple since they wanted a class to play. While neither is really OP in a competitive setting where all players are at the top of class.

You can do pretty decent with them, even if you are completely retarded. This is great for the BW/EA developers since I am guessing they have around an average IQ of room temperature.

Look at what they got in 2.0 to any other class in terms of DPS. Look at all the buffs these classes have gotten over the duration of this game since release. If there is any tech class that can out dmg any force users, they nerf them to the point that they're worthless.

On average Force using classes are stronger than the non-force ones. But I don't think this is due to overt dev bias to force using classes. It has to due with dev ignorance about the true nature of class balance in the game. The devs actually think that Pyro/Assault is OP. Correspondingly they actually think that Snipers need more help. Tis is just the way that the devs see things. As another wacky example that cuts across force/non-force users - consider stealth classes. BW will forever be buffing these classes because they think they are underpowered. This is simple because stealth classes are often used by good pvp teams as solo defenders and solo scouts. They they have a lot of non-combat time and have low meta average scores. Ergo BW buffs them. It's not a force vs. non-force issue. It's simply a lack of understanding of the game by the devs.

On average Force using classes are stronger than the non-force ones. But I don't think this is due to overt dev bias to force using classes. It has to due with dev ignorance about the true nature of class balance in the game. The devs actually think that Pyro/Assault is OP. Correspondingly they actually think that Snipers need more help. Tis is just the way that the devs see things. As another wacky example that cuts across force/non-force users - consider stealth classes. BW will forever be buffing these classes because they think they are underpowered. This is simple because stealth classes are often used by good pvp teams as solo defenders and solo scouts. They they have a lot of non-combat time and have low meta average scores. Ergo BW buffs them. It's not a force vs. non-force issue. It's simply a lack of understanding of the game by the devs.

I do agree that devs more likely than not do not have bias, but they also lack vision and do not test changes, and when changes are proven to be wrong they are slower than a turtle to take a correcting/balancing action.

I still do re-call that classes should be dpsing within 5% range from each other. How is that working out? We currently have game balance that give the top two dpser performers (snipers and marauders) the highest group utility. Go figure.