Advanced Armortech boots and bracers

Horza

Or rather, the complete lack of purchaseable schematics for them, both green quality and custom pieces.

What IS the rationale behind this? Synthweaving gets boots schematics at least, but the armortech ones seem to be completely missing. Considering the amount of companions who wear medium & heavy non-jedi armour, this seems very very strange.

It also means you can't get a matching set look, should you wish too, which leads me on to the heavy armour hardly looking like the sort of stuff troopers would wear on the battlefield, but I appreciate different art styles are to different people's tastes.

Aren't there schematics on the basic comms vendor for purple level 53 items? I could swear I saw some, but I might be wrong. Either way, they are of course still inferior to moddable belts/bracers as all armormech recipes are.

I've not actually checked that Asavrede, thank you. I shall try and remember to do so.

It doesn't change the fact that synthweaving have green and custom boot recipes purchaseable from the skill trainer, whilst armortech doesn't.

When i started the whole skill trading thing i thought the point was to make yourself gear that you can wear and that is actually worth it's salt. Frankly this is not the case.

Imagine one could design your own armor or pistols/sabers etc... almost like customizing your car as in the NFS games. Have templates that you could use.

• 4 months later...
Bump.

Still no armortech boots and bracers recipes.

Just levelled to 55 and leveled my armortech to find this out.

Sucks they don't have those, but at the same time you don't have to level to 55 nor 450 Armormech (or any crafting skill for that matter) to see what that craft can make. When looking at the trainer for a craft you have chosen, you can look and see what they can teach at all the way to 450.

I'm not sure what you mean, if you grind away at underworld trading missions at all grades, you'll get various custom schematics. Green schematics are from the armormech skill vendor.

There are no Green schematics from the skill vendor or custom schematics from UT for boots and bracers at all from 401-450 armormech.

That is the problem.

Cant make a full set for your companion for example.

the only value of green schematic beyond aesthetics is to RE for the augmentation kit mk-9. Belt/bracer being the lowest cost for ingredients in the other tiers. It is strange that there are missing schematics, just like only custom drops are gloves...

Seems like Makeb crafting section was unfinished. Kind of like Holinium was an oops.

• 11 months later...
Still no scematics for any boots and bracers after 51 level. Plaese add them so sets become complete...

#1 - probably working as intended. You and others may not like it, but (sorry to be blunt) that's too bad.

#2 - In every MMO I have ever played, the developers VERY rarely go back and "fix" these types of crafting system issues (not worth the resources). What they might do is listen to the playing population and alter the system going forward to reflect those desires (key word is might).