Dark Side Analysis: Darth Krayt (Part 1)

Bird_of_Thunder

Hello all! I recently have been doing some research on Darth Krayt and decided to try my hand at doing what Aurbere does: recording Star Wars history. So today I bring you part 1 of an analysis on this powerful Sith. While I cannot do this as well as Aurbere can, I hope I can at least give some information. If this goes well, I'll post the second part. Enjoy!

Born as Tusken Raider A'Sharrad Hett, Darth Krayt was one of the most powerful and cunning Sith lords there ever was. The turncoat Jedi lived many years and was ultimately defeated by descendant of the Chosen On (Anakin Skywalker), Cade Skywalker. I will not delve into his life as a Jedi, but merely as Darth Krayt.

Krayt was the Dark Lord of the Sith after the Yuuzhan Vong War. He was a strong leader and skilled with a lightsaber, disciplined in the ways of the Sith (by teaching of XoXaan). To begin, Krayt was captured by a Yuuzhan Vong advance scout who captured him, and then brought to a woman named Vergere. Through all his torture and captivity, Krayt learned from Vergere how to utilize the dark side, and Krayt then had a vision of a Sith society that would one day rule over the galaxy. The Sith lord saw a weakened galaxy, and believed he could mend the cracks. When Vergere departed to meet the rest of the Vong, Krayt escaped back to Korriban.*

This is when he formally made himself known as Darth Krayt, and his first act as Dark Lord of the Sith was to vanquish the Rule of Two, and in its place create the Rule of One, the One being the Sith order itself, with Krayt as leader and many lackeys below him. Krayt chose to bid his time, constructing his new order as Darth Caedus took the galaxy's attention with the Second Galactic Civil War. When Caedus fell, Krayt's forces were still gathering on Korriban for a hundred years. At this time, the Dark Lord placed himself in stasis so that he may see his new order in action.

Eventually Krayt became aware of Abeloth, a being subject to a family of Force entities known as the Ones. Abeloth was too powerful to be taken on by one side, so Krayt eventually traveled to Coruscant to meet with Luke Skywalker. However, Skywalker dismissed him as another of Abeloth's Lost Tribe of the Sith when seeing him in battle. Krayt continued to observe the battles on Coruscant until the Jedi confronted him. Krayt finally stepped out of the darkness and met with Skywalker, claiming that the only way to defeat Abeloth without the Ones was for Jedi and Sith to work together. Skywalker was skeptical, but nonetheless agreed. Together, Krayt and Luke defeated Abeloth, and as the Dark Lord departed, Luke became aware of Krayt's order's existence. Yet still, time would pass longer before Krayt's Empire would be unleashed.

After a long period of time, Darth Krayt and the One Sith made themselves known to the galaxy. The Galactic Alliance was using Vong Shapers to terraform planets. One of Krayt's agents, Darth Maladi, tainted the process so that the terraformed worlds were then subject to the Vong virus, which withered plants and caused skin decay on organics. The Galactic Alliance blamed the Vong Shapers, who were defended by the Jedi. This was the time that Krayt engineered the Imperial Remnant under the Council of Moffs to attack the Alliance. However, more and more systems joined the Remnant and in three years the Galactic Alliance was conquered. Eventually, the Jedi became aware of the Sith's involvement and fled to the Jedi Praxeum on Ossus. Another one of the Dark Lord's agents, Darth Nihl, launched a brutal siege which came to be known as the Massacre of Ossus, killing many important Jedi and supposedly ending the Skywalker bloodline with Kol Skywalker. Finally, Krayt and his order visibly stepped out into the galactic playing field and sparked the Sith-Imperial War.

Darth Krayt's key power-play eventually ended the war as it began. The Dark Lord and his men stormed Emperor Roan Fel's palace and, after fighting their way through, slaughtered Fel himself. Krayt took his place on the throne, but soon learned that the Roan Fel that was dead was also a double. Krayt realized that he must find the real Fel, but also realized that time was wearing on him. He couldn't keep up at his age (over 170 years), but heard of a Jedi who resurrected one of his comrades.

Seven years later, Krayt grew desperate and sent on of his newer agents, Darth Talon, to capture Roan Fel's daughter. This didn't lead Fel out into the open however, and the birthright emperor took the fortress world Bastion as a staging point for his gathered-up Imperial forces. Meanwhile, Krayt's age limitations were getting in the way, and he turned to the holocrons of three Sith, who did nothing but mock him. Eventually, Darth Talon returned as a failure, but was informed by Krayt of the presence of another Skywalker and was sent to bring this new discovery to Coruscant and see if he could extend the Dark Lord's life

Truthfully I don't consider Darth Krayt's Sith Order to be a true Sith Order. I consider them to be imposters at best. The true Sith Order in my opinion is the Rule of Two era order, being the only order to actually be able to beat the Jedi, and besides that if they hadn't accomplished what they did, Krayt's Order wouldn't be able to do what they did.

Good read. I never found Krayt to be an interesting character. He suffers from the same issues that plagued previous incarnations of the Sith Empire, and he was too foolish to see that.

Anyway, well done.

thank you. now that i have approval of the site historian, ill make part 2