Duels of the Old Republic

Sedi

Duel #1:

Notice the new addition to the ending :p

This is the first of hopefully many videos on the way of duels in game done by myself and a few guildies.

Keep in mind this was just our first go around so there were parts where we know we could have done better with the choreography and movement and such.

But I hope you enjoy and we'd like to ask the community to give us suggestions as to where they think it would be cool to see a duel happen(We will be using other classes for duels, it won't always be the same). Thanks!

Update #1: I've updated the link with a version that has higher quality. We unfortunately due to schedules not adding up were unable to do the next duel but we have secure plans to do it tomorrow(Knocks on wood).

Edited by Sedi

Heh, that's a nice video :)

I think Belsavis has some nice background vistas for a fight. Although the best cinematical places are of course unavailable - that would be somewhere inside a flashpoint or an Ops.

Btw I wonder how Jugg vs Sentinel would have worked out, or even vs Shadow. Single-handed saber combat animation looks quite convincing, but the set of moves is somewhat limited.

For sure that does not work with Jedi vs Smuggler: they're chopping me in pieces, but I'm still firing :D

Heh, that's a nice video :)

I think Belsavis has some nice background vistas for a fight. Although the best cinematical places are of course unavailable - that would be somewhere inside a flashpoint or an Ops.

Btw I wonder how Jugg vs Sentinel would have worked out, or even vs Shadow. Single-handed saber combat animation looks quite convincing, but the set of moves is somewhat limited.

For sure that does not work with Jedi vs Smuggler: they're chopping me in pieces, but I'm still firing :D

Ahh yes we hadn't thought about flashpoints we'll definitely start doing some investigating. And yes we are planning on having a Knight face a Marauder or a Juggernaut face a Sentinel next go around to add a bit more style.

After 1.4 there have been odd graphical glitches that have shown up as you may have seen in the video; one of which being the light saber animations didn't show the momentum of the swing behind it which takes away the smooth flow of the swings, It's not something that shows up all the time but we're hoping it doesn't happen for the next one.