Blitz - Most useless skill ever?

jedip_enguin

Sure it has great dmg but the requirements (incapacitated and in melee range?) just make it seem beyond situational to the point that you're never going to be paying attention to it on the 1 in 100 chance you actually get to use it.

I'm not sure what it could be reworked into to make it a little more usable but as it is i'm not even finding it worthy of a space on my bars.

So, anybody got a rebuttal?

Edited by jedip_enguin

Sure it has great dmg but the requirements (incapacitated and in melee range?) just make it seem beyond situational to the point that you're never going to be paying attention to it on the 1 in 100 chance you actually get to use it.

I'm not sure what it could be reworked into to make it a little more usable but as it is i'm not even finding it worthy of a space on my bars.

So, anybody got a rebuttal?

I use it in conjunction with stock strike and my freeze grenade, especially against a gold name plate mob..

Ill Plasma, Incendary round, Charged bolt, high impact bolt, full auto, throw a sticky grenade get in range, throw frozen grenade thing.. use Blitz than stock strike.. quite a nice rotation for pve.. even if i only use the melee attacks twice on the mob and shoot the rest of the time... still adds up

As a combat medic I've used it in hard mode flashpoints or soloing to kill a weak mob pretty easily.

Charged Bolts while the tank is grabbing aggro on everything else. Explosive round to knock down and then blitz to finish off. Ammo is mostly recharged by then and I have to switch back to healing.

It only comes close to being useful on weak and standard mobs IMO...seems stupid that it does far less to strong mobs and can't be used on anything higher.

As a combat medic I've used it in hard mode flashpoints or soloing to kill a weak mob pretty easily.

Charged Bolts while the tank is grabbing aggro on everything else. Explosive round to knock down and then blitz to finish off. Ammo is mostly recharged by then and I have to switch back to healing.

It only comes close to being useful on weak and standard mobs IMO...seems stupid that it does far less to strong mobs and can't be used on anything higher.

Why waste the time running to the mob/or waiting for the mob to get to you instead of just firing of another charged bolts? Or just using full auto?

I like to use it whenever I have a mob/player in melee range and cryo grenade is up. Cryo grenade > blitz > stock strike puts out a nice burst of damage in a short period of time without using a lot of ammo.

It's one of those situational things. I wouldn't make an effort to try to close within melee distance to use that combo if I was at normal combat range already, but it makes sense if they have come to you.

Edited by Asperoth

I love it. Makes killing trash mobs a breeze.

Everyone gets a trash-mob killing ability. Quit whining and take your free 2k damage ability.

One ? We get loads of "kill trash mob" abilities. We dont even have to run up to them to use them.

Even if they get close we get better ones.

Waste of a skill but we got enough other stuff, one blind round doesnt hurt :)

I have found it to be nice when in pvp against melée you can cryo then blitz then blow them away and continue to pew away, or even in pve there are slot of lobs that continue to attempt to get close so take advantadge of it.

I'm fairly certain you can't use blitz on players. I've stood next to Cryo'd players or players who were Concussion Round stunned, spamming Blitz to no avail. I've purposely attempted this scenario about 10-15 times at different ranges between 0 - 4 meter with the same results. So, unless there is some sort of trick I'm missing; I'd have to say that it is only useful as a free ability in PvE that you can use during very situational times.

Edited by Scotfo

• 1 year later...
No its not useless - its the only attack my combat medic uses that can crit for 5K+ damage - good for the times when in close combat. Plus its instantaneous. Shame to see it go.

You realize the last post before yours was from 14 months ago.

Also, yes, it's the least useful ability a Trooper has. Blitz only works in PvE and then only on junk mobs who have been incapacitated. Hence why it's being removed, thank god.