My problem with group finder and how to fix it.

Machine-Elf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need any of those fancy things. We need people who queue for flashpoints to not act like fools.

People should queue as the role(s) for which they are properly geared and specced and know how to play. Once you get in, everyone should behave well, like they're gaming with their good friends.

It was amazing today. I popped into a flashpoint as a DPS (I usually queue as a tank but I'm learning the boss fights, so DPS) and I got into a group with 3 guildmates. They were good and it was a great run overall.

They actually thanked me at the end for not being an idiot DPS. I mean, really, that's the expectation out there. It's pathetic.

THAT IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED! It's a PEOPLE problem, not a SOFTWARE problem.

I can't really argue against this. It all makes perfect sense naturally...have proper gear, know how to play your class and be polite to one another and supportive in your play and actions....

Now. How likely do you think it is that that will actually happen? Casual players are generally the majority playerbase in most MMOs, this one probably included. Are things like proper gear and knowing how to properly play your class important to casual players? I think the answer to that is more often than not no unfortunately.

And those are the folks that keep the light on.

Not to mention those with bad attitudes. I really can't think of anything that could be done to prevent that.

So we come back to suggestions that can help both casuals and hardcore players find each other and enjoy the experience a bit more. Change what you can. Learn to accept those things you can't.

That was the purpose of my suggestions anyway.

Come on, it's just the one time per character. How much of an effort is that, really?

Remember you're coming at this from the perspective of someone who already ran them the traditional way multiple times. You know their story inside and out.

The same joy you took from doing it the traditional way before the advent of group finder should not be curtailed for new players.

Because rolling on a PVP server, I don't care about the PVE content at all really. I play with the game on mute because a lot of the sounds/dialog annoys me. I don't watch movies/cutscenes because I really don't care. I just want to lvl my character and PVP and maybe do some OPs later on, but not for the story, for the experience of completing something via learning mechanics or whatever. That's all. The PVE stuff is a bonus if it's decent, I get it. I understand the whole concept of the game, sides are at war blah blah blah blah. I just wanna kill Jedi scum.

Edited by OKandrew

Come on, it's just the one time per character. How much of an effort is that, really?

Remember you're coming at this from the perspective of someone who already ran them the traditional way multiple times. You know their story inside and out.

The same joy you took from doing it the traditional way before the advent of group finder should not be curtailed for new players.

If people want that they can just go and play those scenes and take those quest. Why would u forced that to other people who done it 3 times and do not care anymore. A bad idea!

I can't really argue against this. It all makes perfect sense naturally...have proper gear, know how to play your class and be polite to one another and supportive in your play and actions....

Now. How likely do you think it is that that will actually happen? Casual players are generally the majority playerbase in most MMOs, this one probably included. Are things like proper gear and knowing how to properly play your class important to casual players? I think the answer to that is more often than not no unfortunately.

And those are the folks that keep the light on.

Not to mention those with bad attitudes. I really can't think of anything that could be done to prevent that.

So we come back to suggestions that can help both casuals and hardcore players find each other and enjoy the experience a bit more. Change what you can. Learn to accept those things you can't.

That was the purpose of my suggestions anyway.

Some of blame lay also on those "hiper mega zomg l33t" players, who think that they are gods of everything in FP. "We don't need cc" , "faster, faster, faster, I need those comms. Don't talk to each other, don't stop, rush you noobs" type of people who pull before tank, because "I'm overgearing the FP, I don't need to wait for you mortals".

Those players cause more grief and hatred than any casual player could. I rather have a casual pug as tank or healer, then group filled with "god wannabe" attitude "hardcores"

If you want to watch the story for these flash points or operations, just watch it on youtube. It's very selfish to make three other people wait an extra 10 minutes so you could watch the story. Queuing up for a flashpoint you already know you are going to be relying on 3 others to complete it and chances are they've already seen the story. No need to make them suffer so you can see the cutscenes. So, just go to youtube and watch it.

If you want to watch the story for these flash points or operations, just watch it on youtube. It's very selfish to make three other people wait an extra 10 minutes so you could watch the story.

I would argue it's very selfish to make every new player have to watch youtube videos in order to experience the content as intended.