Why HM option doesn't turn itself to SM in GF?

So our Ops did EV Hard weekly before Story Mode GF daily operation. I forgot to change difficulty and queue ops to SM daily. It's after we killed Bonethrasher did we realize that we in the wrong difficulty mode.

BW, i understand that you will say that it was my fault from the begining, but why there simply no sign such as

"You cant queue because your challenge mode doesn't match SM daily's challenge mode. Change it and requeue again."

Edited by AvatarSiv

I appreciate the sarcasm, but i would appreciate challenge mode bracket in GF more, so nobody ever do the same mistake again.

Why does GF allows to enter HM EV/KP in the first place? And if it supposed to then why there is no such 'quicktravel' for Denova and TFB operations for premade groups?

It makes sense to me, then again I've also experienced the same issue doing a PUG OP and after argueing with the leader for 5 minutes I quit the op because the leader would not listen to me and insisted that the fact that the HM symbol was on the door and that we kept getting zoned into HM even though we went in through the GF it didn't matter that he had the op set to HM challenge rating and he refused to change it.

The TL;DR version of the issue is if the Ops leader sets the operation challenge mode to hard mode, then queues up for an operation via the GF the challenge mode will persist and override the group finder and you will end up in HM EV or HM KP even though you queued up for a SM Op.

It's really only an issue for premade ops groups that may have done a HM prior, but should still be fixed.

Not really hard, if you are doing a SM run in KP or EV, then you can use Group Finder to quicktravel and quest, however if you are doing ANYTHING ELSE, don't use group finder. I cannot really see how Bioware did something wrong here, you messed up, understand it, fix it and then move on, don't blame your derping on Bioware.

Can you clarify something for me? I can't tell if:

1. You wanted to do HM KP, tried to use the Group Finder to queue for it, and ended up in SM KP by mistake?

or

2. You wanted to do SM KP, used the Group Finder to queue for it, and ended up in HM KP by mistake?

Can you clarify something for me? I can't tell if:

1. You wanted to do HM KP, tried to use the Group Finder to queue for it, and ended up in SM KP by mistake?

or

2. You wanted to do SM KP, used the Group Finder to queue for it, and ended up in HM KP by mistake?

They did HM EV

Then with the same op and without changing the ops challenge mode to SM from HM they queued up for a SM op to get the 10 BHcomms weekly reward, but ended up in KP HM because presetting the ops challenge mode for a premade op overwrites the GF setting.

And what the OP is asking for and I concur with is that if you queue up for an op through the GF the GF should automatically override whatever the Op leader has the challenge mode set to in their preexisting op and it should be set to SM.

They did HM EV

Then with the same op and without changing the ops challenge mode to SM from HM they queued up for a SM op to get the 10 BHcomms weekly reward, but ended up in KP HM because presetting the ops challenge mode for a premade op overwrites the GF setting.

And what the OP is asking for and I concur with is that if you queue up for an op through the GF the GF should automatically override whatever the Op leader has the challenge mode set to in their preexisting op and it should be set to SM.

Interesting.

If this is the case, it seems a great way to fast travel into a HM Op. I'll have to tell my guildies about this. Pre-group, set the challenge mode to HM 8-player, then queue with the group finder. Zing.

And that means players cant complain and ask for a fix?

That is generous.

There is no way of fixing as it isn't a bug or a feature made in any wrong way, it's clearly stated for everyone that can read English that group finder can fix groups for story mode, nothing about HM is mentioned in any way. Stop trying to put the blame on Bioware for your own shortcomings, it's pathetic, learn from this instead and try to have a little better knowledge about raidleading in the future.

God I hate people that is trying to put the blame on someone else when in reality, the one at fault is themselves.