Unload/Full Auto Redesign - Caution: Unrealistic

Capt_Beers

DISCLAIMER: This is a kind of weird idea for Merc DPS It hought of on the way to work this morning. It would really change the way the class is played and would probably never happen as it might be OP but I felt it was worth discussing as the principle behind it could possibly be applied to other classes/abilities and it's an interesting, to me at least, way to think about changing the way the class is played. I'm placing it in this forum because I'm not even considering what it would do to PvE so I don't want their filthy opinions on it.

What if the devs were to change the way Unload/Full Auto worked to be similar to Shoulder Cannon? Instead of channeling the ability you hit it once and it fired an instant short burst and gave you 3 more charges that could be used the same way you use Shoulder Cannon. You wouldn't be able to use it while CC'd as that's a unique piece of utility for Pt/VG's and it should be kept as such.

The buff wouldn't be nearly as long as Shoulder Cannon, maybe 2 seconds per charge that refreshes when you sue one. I think it would be an interesting change and would increase mobility of the spec for sure. It would make interrupts almost a non-issue so it might be another interesting mechanic to leave the baseline ability as a channeled ability and add this use as charges mechanic to the CoF/Barrage proc or as part of a passive to Merc ability so that PT's don't get access to it as it would probably bump their damage up a little to much.

Will probably never happen as it would require a lot of code rewrites and the like but it would be a cool way to improve an ability or design abilities in the future.

Edited by Capt_Beers

Sort of like the way Mortar Salvo/Missile Salvo worked in 2.0 PTS; you had to triple-tap the ability in order to get all 3 rounds to fire. They change it b/c people complained it was too difficult lol.

**** those guys. This would be a crazy improvement and if you can't see that you are terrible and you're not invited to my birthday party.

What if the devs were to change the way Unload/Full Auto worked to be similar to Shoulder Cannon? Instead of channeling the ability you hit it once and it fired an instant short burst and gave you 3 more charges that could be used the same way you use Shoulder Cannon. You wouldn't be able to use it while CC'd as that's a unique piece of utility for Pt/VG's and it should be kept as such.

The buff wouldn't be nearly as long as Shoulder Cannon, maybe 2 seconds per charge that refreshes when you sue one. I think it would be an interesting change and would increase mobility of the spec for sure. It would make interrupts almost a non-issue so it might be another interesting mechanic to leave the baseline ability as a channeled ability and add this use as charges mechanic to the CoF/Barrage proc or as part of a passive to Merc ability so that PT's don't get access to it as it would probably bump their damage up a little to much.

Will probably never happen as it would require a lot of code rewrites and the like but it would be a cool way to improve an ability or design abilities in the future.

*Nitpick/modify/flame as you see fit* (I want the ability to be useful!)

UNLOAD:

(Changed to a Buff)

For the next 10 seconds:

Your next three Hammer/Rapid Shots have a 0.25 second GCD. All the unload-related boxes modify these three Rapid Shots instead. (Like the related snares and etc),

Why not just keep Unload?

More mobility. One less ability to stand still for.

Healers: Insta-Rapid Shot Heals. Gives them a bit more control when being harassed and interrupted.

Gives them a way to generate 9 Supercharged Gas Cells Quickly.

Middle Tree:

Target Tracking + Riddle: These boxes can be adjusted to boost the Rapid Shots.

Pinning Fire: With Rapid Shots, you have more control over when you want to snare your target. You get the choice to use them all at once or stagger them as you see fit.

Barrage: Same reasoning as Target Tracking + Riddle.

Pyro/Assault:

Same deal. Use it while running.

Edited by Lexlo

*Nitpick/modify/flame as you see fit* (I want the ability to be useful!)

UNLOAD:

(Changed to a Buff)

For the next 10 seconds:

Your next three Hammer/Rapid Shots have a 0.25 second GCD. All the unload-related boxes modify these three Rapid Shots instead. (Like the related snares and etc),

Why not just keep Unload?

More mobility. One less ability to stand still for.

Healers: Insta-Rapid Shot Heals. Gives them a bit more control when being harassed and interrupted.

Gives them a way to generate 9 Supercharged Gas Cells Quickly.

Middle Tree:

Target Tracking + Riddle: These boxes can be adjusted to boost the Rapid Shots.

Pinning Fire: With Rapid Shots, you have more control over when you want to snare your target. You get the choice to use them all at once or stagger them as you see fit.

Barrage: Same reasoning as Target Tracking + Riddle.

Pyro/Assault:

Same deal. Use it while running.

I dig it. I would really like to see it become useful and not a waste of 3 seconds. I think turning it into a buff is the right move for this ability...at least on PT/VG.