I am your key demo... and you're losing me.

Skallgrimson

Those that I hope to read this have the ability to check my account and verify that I'm telling the truth.

I've really tried to keep my chin up about this game. Been subscribed since launch. Leveled all 8 classes to 50 just to see the story. Still play every day. Furthermore I have spent over a hundred dollars each month on cartel items, mostly packs. I don't cry on the forums or otherwise cause trouble. I've defended this game to all my friends while watching my guild dwindle. I am the guy you want to keep playing this game.

Now for the third month in a row you release nothing but re-skinned items on the cartel market. With the minor exception of one or two uber-rare items that, despite purchasing hundreds of dollars in packs each month, have yet to drop for me. I have been able to purchase these items from other players with in-game credits so this is not a QQ thread about not getting what I want.

This thread is about the realization I've had about the Cartel Market and the game moving forward. I think I can honestly say that I've supported the Cartel Market enthusiastically. But, re-skins just aren't doing it for me anymore. And then to find out there will be no class story in the expansion. The best thing about this game is the Story and it seems you've given up on it.

I imagine by now you've stopped reading so I'll sum up. I am your key demo and you are losing me. I'm not here to piss and moan but I really think you should take a good hard look at key demo feedback not just those who cry the loudest. If the expansion is 90% re-skins of what's already in the game... I don't see myself subscribing for much longer.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those that I hope to read this have the ability to check my account and verify that I'm telling the truth.

I've really tried to keep my chin up about this game. Been subscribed since launch. Leveled all 8 classes to 50 just to see the story. Still play every day. Furthermore I have spent over a hundred dollars each month on cartel items, mostly packs. I don't cry on the forums or otherwise cause trouble. I've defended this game to all my friends while watching my guild dwindle. I am the guy you want to keep playing this game.

Now for the third month in a row you release nothing but re-skinned items on the cartel market. With the minor exception of one or two uber-rare items that, despite purchasing hundreds of dollars in packs each month, have yet to drop for me. I have been able to purchase these items from other players with in-game credits so this is not a QQ thread about not getting what I want.

This thread is about the realization I've had about the Cartel Market and the game moving forward. I think I can honestly say that I've supported the Cartel Market enthusiastically. But, re-skins just aren't doing it for me anymore. And then to find out there will be no class story in the expansion. The best thing about this game is the Story and it seems you've given up on it.

I imagine by now you've stopped reading so I'll sum up. I am your key demo and you are losing me. I'm not here to piss and moan but I really think you should take a good hard look at key demo feedback not just those who cry the loudest. If the expansion is 90% re-skins of what's already in the game... I don't see myself subscribing for much longer.

BW has TOR on autopilot and they're going to get away with it as long as people continue to do this.

Edited by Minack

Quote: Originally Posted by Skallgrimson

I'm not here to piss and moan.....

Yes you are.

Yeah because everyone who ever has anything negative to say about this game is an evil moaner/QQer right?:rolleyes:

By all means keep living on cloud9 until the day the seawater touches your imaginary fanboy cloud. Then youll start QQing because you and many others like you shot down every legitimate complaint about this game and now its too late to stop the TORtanic from going underwater...

Yeah because everyone who ever has anything negative to say about this game is an evil moaner/QQer right?:rolleyes:

By all means keep living on cloud9 until the day the seawater touches your imaginary fanboy cloud. Then youll start QQing because you and many others like you shot down every legitimate complaint about this game and now its too late to stop the TORtanic from going underwater...

Really? I mean really?

C'mon, the OP is clearly pissing and moaning about not getting a shiny from the gamble packs...

If you seen anything else in there, you're just reaching. :rolleyes:

If you say so.

Use your illusion.

Dude you're no different to anyone else who's played SWTOR, ended up being bitterly disappointed by "something" about the game, & thought that their viewpoint was unique enough to deserve its own dedicated QQ thread.

^This

Really? I mean really?

C'mon, the OP is clearly pissing and moaning about not getting a shiny from the gamble packs...

If you seen anything else in there, you're just reaching. :rolleyes:

The OP is clearly annoyed that BioWare aren't putting enough effort into this game and just giving us re-skins.

People buying cartel packs need to stop or leave the game. People buying actual items need to buy more!

Word. Even though I don't buy things off cartel market. Someone with 8 alts at 50 and play time every day should be able to buy pretty much everything from the GTN like me. Not that I've found more than one or two things I really have wanted (like legacy wide cargo bay unlock).

If the OP has been so disappointed by the Cartel Market items, why spend hundreds each month...? out of the charity of his heart? If you don't like what's on the market, don't spend money on it. Why not just play the game? If there's nothing fun about playing, isn't that more the issue than not being happy with what optional cosmetic items you can buy?

Unfortunately their take on the Cashshop has exceeded peoples worst fears about it pre-F2P (re-skins, ridiculously expensive, anything decent only being in a Gambling Pack and ALL content being released through it).

Class story I can't ever see coming back personally, they are struggling to create any content, never mind 8x content as L1-L50 class stories are. :(

Edited by Goretzu

If the OP has been so disappointed by the Cartel Market items, why spend hundreds each month...? out of the charity of his heart? If you don't like what's on the market, don't spend money on it. Why not just play the game? If there's nothing fun about playing, isn't that more the issue than not being happy with what optional cosmetic items you can buy?

He says he's been spending on Gambling Packs.

With the odds on those things you could quite easily spend $100's and not get anything you want - it is in fact WHAT Gambling Packs are inherently designed to do. :csw_yoda:

I think the OP is right. They need to continue the class story. I'm still playing, have from before the official lauch, and still am. I'm patient, but its hard, when you dont hear any news or see anything that excites. I support the cartel market too, (I like clothes) but there isn't really anything that really pops out at me as being wonderful. The most exciting thing to me right now are Outlaw's boots. That's it.

I don't see why the OP shouldn't voice his opinion here, it certainly doesn't stop anyone else, and why should he be any different than anyone else.

True I've had my disappointments too, and unless they involved misrepresented products and real money, I don't say anything, and when I do, its more or less to save someone else money and frustration.

So ya, I'd like to see class stories continue, even if they only voice the companions parts, I'd be fine with that. More companion stuff...and hell, while I'm wishing, new classes and class stories, cause I've done all of them atleast 5 times...sw...proabably about 8 times lol.:D

Edited by Lunafox

I think the OP is right. They need to continue the class story. I'm still playing, have from before the official lauch, and still am. I'm patient, but its hard, when you dont hear any news or see anything that excites. I support the cartel market too, (I like clothes) but there isn't really anything that really pops out at me as being wonderful. The most exciting thing to me right now are Outlaw's boots. That's it.

I don't see why the OP shouldn't voice his opinion here, it certainly doesn't stop anyone else, and why should he be any different than anyone else.

True I've had my disappointments too, and unless they involved misrepresented products and real money, I don't say anything, and when I do, its more or less to save someone else money and frustration.

So ya, I'd like to see class stories continues, even if they only voice the companions parts, I'd be find with that. More companion stuff...and hell, while I'm wishing, new classes and class stories, cause I've done all of them atleast 5 times...sw...proabably about 8 times lol.:D

Because there's a billion threads already about the way F2P has been done, and the dissatisfaction with the expansion. He doesn't need to make a whole new thread which just clutters up the forums, when there's a billion threads he can respond in to express his dissatisfaction.

People buying cartel packs need to stop or leave the game. People buying actual items need to buy more!

Except that most of the actual items are things that nobody wants, so that isn't going to happen.

I am sure the OP would have been only to happy to spend his money directly on the stuff he wants instead of gambling for it.

He is right though, if I don't start seeing good content IN THE GAME rather than in the shop and don't hear anything about new class stories coming I can't see myself playing much longer. Playing through the same planet stories for a third time is grating as well.

I don't see the problem, just because they add a few things into the CM on every patch. You act like that is the soul reason for the patch, but it's not. They have so far kept their content patch promise, more or less. I see this middle stuff as a bonus. Besides, the more stuff on the CM the better, it makes it more enjoyable to look at and see what's there and it broadens the people who would want to use it.

Again, I think this is a case of jumping the gun. They announced a new expansion, and let that be the measuring stick on where this game is going, not little CM content patches. Then again, if you don't like it, then it is time to leave. And a 100 dollars a month is a lot man. Not saying it's not worth it, but I feel bad dropping 20 bucks every two or so months.

No offense to the OP, but you get what you deserve, for a lot of us the "final straw" came months ago, many stopped playing altogether, many took breaks and some just kept playing, but when we hit OUR point that we said "hey, this isn't working", we had to contend with you guys countering every complaint with a "everything is great" through all the lost subs "everything is great", people like you gave the DEVS cover to continue to make bad decisions and run the game the way they wanted (into the ground as it were), instead of responding to what the majority of their customers wanted, now most of those DEVS are jobless and you guys finally get it, sorry but recolored armor treats are how this game has been run from day one.

No offense to the OP, but you get what you deserve, for a lot of us the "final straw" came months ago, many stopped playing altogether, many took breaks and some just kept playing, but when we hit OUR point that we said "hey, this isn't working", we had to contend with you guys countering every complaint with a "everything is great" through all the lost subs "everything is great", people like you gave the DEVS cover to continue to make bad decisions and run the game the way they wanted (into the ground as it were), instead of responding to what the majority of their customers wanted, now most of those DEVS are jobless and you guys finally get it, sorry but recolored armor treats are how this game has been run from day one.

So many fools in this topic...

Now point me at the sentence where he said he had been arguing with dissatisfied people on forums.

I thought so. So sad you are not the only one irrationally hating the person for simply raising a complaint.

He wanted to vent of his frustration in a very civil way, which is an extremely rare thing to happen on forums. Yes, other people complained about these things some time ago, but I haven't seen any constructive complains in a while and the author had all rights to bring this topic back on top for further discussion. Because clearly Bioware swallowed all the earlier complains on that matter.

Going back to what this thread is about, I mostly agree with what was said in the first post, especially the part where the author spoke about Makeb. I very much hope the expansion will indeed expand the game, rather than reskin the existing content and disguise it behind a planet storyline.

Edited by Ceyvel

...gave the DEVS cover to continue to make bad decisions and run the game the way they wanted (into the ground as it were), instead of responding to what the majority of their customers wanted, now most of those DEVS are jobless...

What in hell's name is supposed to be this nebulous stuff that "the majority of the customers" unanimously wants?! Do you really believe that somebody would get sacked for not taking this mystery into account?

Edited by Cretinus

Sorry you're not the key demographic now.

People who spend a years' worth of subscription dollars on day 1 of a gambling pack release are now "key demo". :rolleyes:

Oh, wait. I re-read OP. You are their key demographic, spending upwards of $100 a month on gambling packs. Congrats.

Learn to vote with your wallet.

Edited by DarthTHC