Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

It has all been done before. Everyone that tries is ignored.

Why should we have to try this hard to get the same treatment that the US received? They have done server merges before, so they obviously have the capability. There is absolutely no reason for them to be sitting on their asses.

Does this not mean that they are not ready yet ? If you believe strongly in this send them the exact same letter every month but amend the introduction and politely say you have not heard anything yet over the last month and are wondering if they are closer to discussing the enclosed request yet ?

The trick is to keep your issue out there without alienating them, you need to get them conversing and move forward.

The trick is to get them conversing and this is more likely to be done when they are approached professionally everytime and they will be more inclined to converse if they think it will not turn into a mud slinging contest.

I hope the APAC servers are not going anywhere but I have offered what I consider a very good way for your issue to be broached with them. It is really up to you now how you want to proceed if your current strategy is clearly not working. It may take several months before they come around, but at least they know they do not have to use a hacksaw to cut out the APAC disgruntled customers. I do have concerns and you know what they are, however I do not think I have flaws in the advice I have just given.

Just remember we only have one of each of their server types how can they be thinking to reduce these with out changing their remaining server strategy ? Maybe they will, who knows, but always discuss the concerns in a civil manner will go a lot further to achieveing something succesful.

Edited by OwenBrooks

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost forgot I would not recomend making grandiose statements like "We the APAC Servers" it sounds too much like "We the People", keep it simple and explain which server you play on and how you feel the current server status is not working for you and why. By all means offer them a solution that you think would work but do not put it across as a final demand or your leaving statement. I do wish you all the best, but do realize we all play on the APAC servers and what ever decision occurs affects us all, this cannot be rushed but the first step is to get them talking on it again. Edited by OwenBrooks

Almost forgot I would not recomend making grandiose statements like "We the APAC Servers" it sounds too much like "We the People", keep it simple and explain which server you play on and how you feel the current server status is not working for you and why. By all means offer them a solution that you think would work but do not put it across as a final demand or your leaving statement. I do wish you all the best, but do realize we all play on the APAC servers and what ever decision occurs affects us all, this cannot be rushed but the first step is to get them talking on it again.

You don't get it. BioWare won't listen. The only thing they care about is money, so the only thing I feel I can do is unsub and hope others will too until something is done. If they want a solution from me then they can hire me to produce one. I'm not going to do their work for them, they promised us a solution that would benefit the APAC community best, and that is what we are expecting.

You don't get it. BioWare won't listen. The only thing they care about is money, so the only thing I feel I can do is unsub and hope others will too until something is done. If they want a solution from me then they can hire me to produce one. I'm not going to do their work for them, they promised us a solution that would benefit the APAC community best, and that is what we are expecting.

It is not important that it is you, but maybe someone reading this that feels the same way you do may decide they still think their concerns are worth persuing. One person, several persons or a group of 100 with one elected spokesman will do just as well. I do hope you can find the ability to smile and enjoy this game again as much as I do but if you can't maybe there is still yet another game out there that will.

Almost forgot I would not recomend making grandiose statements like "We the APAC Servers" it sounds too much like "We the People", keep it simple and explain which server you play on and how you feel the current server status is not working for you and why. By all means offer them a solution that you think would work but do not put it across as a final demand or your leaving statement. I do wish you all the best, but do realize we all play on the APAC servers and what ever decision occurs affects us all, this cannot be rushed but the first step is to get them talking on it again.

I used to think like that as well Owen, but from all the fiasco which seems to be more EA's over controlling evil as seen in other games.

If they even come out and say we are not ready for any action that in it self would shut up a good 50% people complaining.

I would recommend someone googles what occured when City of Heroes closed on 30 Nov 12, that was one of the most professional groups of players I was proud to say I was one of, they even chipped in and bought dinner for the paragon studios because they recognised NCsoft was the ones that made the final decision and every avenue was persued to alter NcSofts mind, the fact it failed does not diminish in how they carried their concerns and was well recognized for it in the media. EA is no different here with Bioware as NcSoft was to Paragon Studios, and yes it will always be about money at the end of the day they are not a charity they are a business. Paragon Studios could not comment too much as NcSoft had them by the curlies but we do know paragon themselves did go into bat for the players because we showed them we understood and was worth fighting for.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/12/city-of-heroes-goes-out-with-a-roar-and-a-bang/

City of Heroes ran for eight years and if you had played COH on year one it was not a smooth road and the game after 8 years bore little resemblence to the mess at the start.

I said I was ashamed to say I was part of the APAC Community recently, I would much rather say I am Proud to be part of the APAC Community and show the rest of them how all of APAC can be if nothing else shown to be damn professional group of players and put the NA and EU players to shame with their (better then us because we are just whinners) attitude to us currently.

I have been sending out the word that SWTOR is a worthy replacement for COH and my friends from there have just started to subscribe here in the last 4 weeks, I hope they do not see the posts that have been floating in these forums as I want them to embrace this game like they did with COH.

Edited by OwenBrooks

COH was a fantastic game, it was my privilege to be a part of that awesome community. Rest assured that the people on the forums do not speak for the entire APAC community, we are tired and we are frustrated but i would never stoop to personal attacks or character assassinations on any of the developers. It achieves nothing. I share the sentiments of this post but some of these replies are downright unnecessary. Edited by IdrianDave

COH was a fantastic game, it was my privilege to be a part of that awesome community. Rest assured that the people on the forums do not speak for the entire APAC community, we are tired and we are frustrated but i would never stoop to personal attacks or character assassinations on any of the developers. It achieves nothing. I share the sentiments of this post but some of these replies are downright unnecessary.

This place is not even !0% of the warcraft forums.

WoW forums are a cesspool where as this place its the pearly gates.

COH was a fantastic game, it was my privilege to be a part of that awesome community. Rest assured that the people on the forums do not speak for the entire APAC community, we are tired and we are frustrated but i would never stoop to personal attacks or character assassinations on any of the developers. It achieves nothing. I share the sentiments of this post but some of these replies are downright unnecessary.

You mean the parts where the lying devs got called liars because they lied?

"I wonder how many days it's been since we've heard, "over the next few days, we're gonna evaluate how much of each others *** we can guzzle?"

I have waited patiently for a resolution to this problem. I have always conducted myself in a friendly and professional manner. In the absence of any official correspondence, I see no choice but to unsubscribe. My server is dead and to re-roll on a new server would be far too time consuming. SWTOR is my favourite game and it is a shame to see it come to this. Thanks to the residents of master dar'nala for the fun times. My game time is up in 5 days and at this stage I wont be renewing my subscription.

The thing is, as paying customers we have no obligation to take horrible customer service with a smile on our face.

Have we waited? Yes.

Have they communicated well? Hell no.

Have they shown us they are doing any for us, or care about us as customers at all? 100 times no.

I do not feel however that personal attacks against the devs or any customer service reps are called for.

AS THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. I would not doubt they are being treated as horribly as we are.

It is some fool EA manager who has been taught that customer service is priority ( ) <- nothing, not ever considered.

So if anyone ever catches me considering purchasing another EA related game please slap me, full strength. Repeat offences can be punished with kicks to the groin.

I really can't believe how bad the communication has been on this. I hope they announce that we will have to pay for our own transfers soon, as that will be the final slap to the face and will allow me to quit assured in the fact that EA is driving this game into the ground as quick as bad management can deliver.

I will look into joining any lawsuit into their failure to provide adequate service for they product. As I truly feel it is criminal how bad the support has been.

I came back from holidays yesterday (very sunburnt) and was surprised to see the RP server as heavy... I don't have a toon there so I rolled a Smuggler and I was amazed that Ord Mantell had......... 20 people online....

What's the population cap on Gav? 70?

Was switching between my lower level toons last night on Dalborra and was shocked to see the numbers of players on early planets and fleet. Corusant 100+, Dromund Kaas 90+, Fleet 130+ around 11pm EST

Then switched to higher toons on Voss and Corellia and were lucky to be 10-20 people

So either we have alot of returned players rolling new als or alot of f2p players starting game (going by lack of character titles id say f2p influx)

However GF still slow to pop for HM FPs but worse for sm ops :(

If BW/EA do not want to merge the servers, please find alternatives to encourage people to return to APAC servers.

Based on my observation, there is a large number of APAC players not playing in APAC servers. A couple of reasons that i can think of (apologies if they are obvious, but BW dont seem to notice):

1. Low server population. Server like Master Darnala did not seem to have any significant population improvement after F2P launch. And it will be unlikely that it will improve as nobody wants to play in an underpopulated server. BW may think people who would want to PVP will go to a PVP server, but the truth is, potential players will mostly ask around social networking sites and friends for suggested servers, and nobody will encourage them to go to dead servers. Even existing players will re-roll in higher population servers or quit altogether. This will only lead to a downward spiral to the population.

2. Bad latency from certain countries. For example, Singapore. BW made a huge mistake during the last years APAC launch. Using quality of service as an excuse to exclude the majority of APAC players, they failed to see that Singapore have, maybe, the worst latency to the APAC servers, due to the nature of the local ISP routing. Even countries, I reckon BW/EA assumed still run on 56k modem, have better ping to APAC servers. This has caused players from timezones other than Aus/NZ to roll in west coast servers.

To address the above issues:

1. BW, please look into the numbers of APAC players in other servers, e.g. Bastion, Harbinger, and even certain EU servers. Give them then means and incentive to transfer their high level characters back to APAC servers. E.g. X amount of cartel coins per character of minimum X levels transferred to APAC servers. I will leave the details to BW...

2. Help players from Singapore, either provide a technical solution, or help them lobby the local ISPs to make the necessary correction to the routing. I am sure the players would prefer 100+ ping to 200+.

Or....Merge the APAC Servers!!

Issue: Low population on server.

Server: Master Dar’Nala (PVP)

Solution:

a) Merge Server to Dalborra

b) Transfer to Dalborra

Currently there is such a low population on the server that Elder Game is unplayable to any level of enjoyment. Being in queue for 30 minutes or more before getting a pop, or to only play 2 or 3 warzones (1 to 2 flashpoints) in 2 hours is unacceptable for a subscription game.

As stated to me by customer service:

we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience, regardless of which server they play on. As such server population balance and composition is something which we are constantly monitoring.

This is not being achieved at the moment on the Oceanic PVP server.

On 8.22.2012 Joveth Gonzalez stated:

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

This was followed on 10.09.2012 with:

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Finally on the 11.06.2012 Jeff Hickman had this to say:

Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

Still no communication on actual help to those paying to play on a sub-standard server.

Then to rub salt in to this wound,on 01.02.2013 Jeff makes this statement:

free character copies to PTS at any time, You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year. This will also lay the foundation for our new live character transfer system that will be coming later this year.

So character transfers are still six months plus away? You think we should still be paying for six plus months of subscription fees to get a faction of the gameplay that those on the NA & EU servers get?

When was the last time that the population indicator for Master Dar’Nala (PVP) was not ‘Low’?

This server is not "rocking'!

Please Help.

Issue: Low population on server.

Server: Master Dar’Nala (PVP)

Solution:

a) Merge Server to Dalborra

b) Transfer to Dalborra

Currently there is such a low population on the server that Elder Game is unplayable to any level of enjoyment. Being in queue for 30 minutes or more before getting a pop, or to only play 2 or 3 warzones (1 to 2 flashpoints) in 2 hours is unacceptable for a subscription game.

As stated to me by customer service:

This is not being achieved at the moment on the Oceanic PVP server.

On 8.22.2012 Joveth Gonzalez stated:

This was followed on 10.09.2012 with:

Finally on the 11.06.2012 Jeff Hickman had this to say:

Still no communication on actual help to those paying to play on a sub-standard server.

Then to rub salt in to this wound,on 01.02.2013 Jeff makes this statement:

So character transfers are still six months plus away? You think we should still be paying for six plus months of subscription fees to get a faction of the gameplay that those on the NA & EU servers get?

When was the last time that the population indicator for Master Dar’Nala (PVP) was not ‘Low’?

This server is not "rocking'!

Please Help.

They know no one is going to hang on for 6 months or more on a server that is dead, they are likely taking the same approach as a lot of american companies (ignor a problem long enough and it will go away).

Hi Allison HI Amber

I see you guys are replying to threads today...how about some response in here to this serious issue of underpopulated APAC servers.

Do you expect them to reply to the filth that has come out of this thread and yes I have in the past called them this and that but recently things went way to far and over the top. So who knows by the actions of a few recently they may have even pushed a transfer system back even further.

Bioware don't worry about a server merge it is 12 in the afternoon and we have 3 lvl 50's on the fleet.. just one more and we could do a flash point together.... :D exciting stuff.. "this sever is rocking" "i will evaluate the population over the next few day's" "hoping beyond hope i might get to do a flash point" "i will wait for free to play to see if we can get that 4th lvl 50" until such time i will /emote the 3 other people on fleet.. i feel i know them better then my own mother with all the emotion we have been showing to each other.