The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I will start this off with a little background, I have been playing since launch, with 16 toons and have run almost every spec at one time or another. I was on my Shadow, who is a dps, but since i had a Sin tank, and decent shield, I queue as tank or dps and respec as need.

I queue and get Maelstrom as tank, I respec and load in. We start and everything is fine after Kancras (the one who summons adds) after a few more mobs, both dps say we need to go, and then just leave. The healer(a sage) queues us and we instantly get a sent and a slinger. As the run continues the sent starts almost every pull, which I let him tank as per my policy.

After, I believe Vanithrast, (the one with the bird) I need a Willpower dps gear since it was better then what I had. The sage then says, did I know I needed on sage gear(FYI I was the only one who needed). I reply that its better then what i had and at this level it doesn't matter if i have tanking gear or not, thinking that's why he commented. The sage responds with that's not your primary stat. I said of course it is. if not what is the primary stat. I also say a shadows is the consular's other advance class. The sage says exactly, so I say that's why I need willpower.

At this point the Sent opens his mouth with something like you should use it, it's light armor. by this point we are in front of Kilran's door. After a brief afk we kill the boss. This whole time I am thinking is it possible that I have been gearing my toons wrong for almost 2 years? And if so how are most 55?

Have lots of "funny" stories happening to me with random group all the time. Including healer, who don't heal, guys with totally wrong mods (with other classes stats), guys dpsing in tank-spec. But the most spectacular and unforgetting was two:

1. Been in an fp with my low-level alt. While going through packs of mobs, our party got a lot of damage, mobs was running back and forth. So we asked tank if he knows how to taunt at all. And got brillant answer: "I can tank, do you want me to?" :D From that moment on I'm taking my tank-friend with me, no random tanks please :D

2. Got to the fp with my low-lvl operative healer. Hammer Station IIRC. Wasn't playing with this char much, so she wasn't dressed too well. With me was a powertech tank, sniper and a marauder. Sniper was a bit overleveled for fp, so he wasn't rolling on cunning loot at all. Marauder did. And won it. All. I asked him a few time why he was needing on cunning when he's marauder. First he was keeping silent, I assumed he was one of those ninja's who need for comps. Then he started praising my heals and I said that it would have been much better if he wasn't stelaing my loot. He said he needed it. Why I asked, if his main stat is strengh, not cunning. What I've got... "It has endurance, I need it" O___o OMG! I've checked his gear and it was a nice mix of everything... I vote-kicked him without regret advising reading a bit about his class.

UPD: Remembered another "great" moment. Colicoid Games, me as a heal, friend as a dps and 2 pugs. First turrets. 3 of us (me, friend and other dps) stand near turrets and seeing as tank running toward us, start a challenge. Tank runs up and stand. Just stand near the turrent all the fight. Thanks that we're expirienced and othe dps was op too, we finished encounter. After we all ask tank about the reason he was just standing around. In a few mins he answered: "Stop wining, was a bit busy reading forum here". LOLWHAT? Insta kick. BTW, finished fp with a new tank joining only on the last boss :D

Edited by eugenica

The healer(aThe sage then says, did I know I needed on sage gear(FYI I was the only one who needed). I reply that its better then what i had and at this level it doesn't matter if i have tanking gear or not, thinking that's why he commented. The sage responds with that's not your primary stat. I said of course it is. if not what is the primary stat. I also say a shadows is the consular's other advance class. The sage says exactly, so I say that's why I need willpower.

At this point the Sent opens his mouth with something like you should use it, it's light armor. by this point we are in front of Kilran's door. After a brief afk we kill the boss. This whole time I am thinking is it possible that I have been gearing my toons wrong for almost 2 years? And if so how are most 55?

I was a witness to this case too, on a lower level though. We've explained it works differently here and then realized what willpower is in other games...

It's just willpower is known to be for mages. Shadows are more like rogues with tanking skill. When I started to play this game I thought I will have more force :p

Edited by Sarqualin

I've had this in a hammer station run too. On my mercenary, as healer. There was a PT dps in the group. When I rolled need on a bounty hunter armor drop, the PT took offense to that, and the rest of the group remained unconvinced I actually needed heavy armor... (didn't help that I was wearing medium-looking adaptative armor I suppose...). They didn't kick me but that was awkward. Edited by Loc_n_lol

This thread is pretty funny to read because I've been playing for a couple of months only and maybe less than 20 FPs but I've already encountered a lot of it: the tank in mismatched gear who doesn't tank, the dps running amok and pulling everything under the sun, the bickering duo who try to votekick each other, the healer who plays straight dps and complains about the lack of heals. I've also been the bad dps who goes after the wrong targets (in my second FP ever: the healer reprimanded me but kept me alive and after that I looked up tactics to be a little less clueless) and pulls inappropriately.

But I've also played with a lot of great people: experienced players who took the time to explain in detail the boss fights on Athiss, a couple of really great healers who had the patience of saints (one time with a tank with willpower gear who needed on trooper stuff - he was a jedi knight - and didn't tank plus me the inexperienced dps who of course managed to get all the aggro at the most inopportune times), a dps who improvised herself tank, lead us to victory without healer (who quit when the actual tank said it was his first time) and with a companion to round up the party, all the time being very nice about it.

Anyway, I have grown a great admiration for tanks and healers. Tanks are always burden with leadership and it seems a bit unfair, what happens if it's a new player who's learning (well, I've seen what happens: some people quit and others step up). And healers, I think they really have it rough, it feels like a role for very stable, very patient people. Personally, I don't think I'll ever roll anything but dps characters: I don't think they're "easy" but I'm pretty sure they're not as difficult.

Edited by nyrkverse
spelling

Anyway, I have grown a great admiration for tanks and healers. Tanks are always burden with leadership and it seems a bit unfair, what happens if it's a new player who's learning (well, I've seen what happens: some people quit and others step up). And healers, I think they really have it rough, it feels like a role for very stable, very patient people. Personally, I don't think I'll ever roll anything but dps characters: I don't think they're "easy" but I'm pretty sure they're not as difficult.

I think you are touching a few good points with this, but I would like to encourage you and others to try out different roles nevertheless. Yes, there is a burden of leadership on the tank to some degree and yes, healing does require a bit of patience but on the other hand both of these roles can be very rewarding.

I was lucky enough to learn tanking with a group of friends a long time ago in another MMO and have ever since the tanking role enjoyed most. This is obviously the best setting to learn a new role, but it does also work without friends. When I started tanking (I was already lvl50) in SWTOR I collected a basic set of tanking gear with crafting and such and when I set my first step into a flashpoint I announced to the group that this was my first time tanking in this game and asked them to bear with me. It was a very friendly group and a good start. The first couple of FPs I always announced that I am new in tanking and the majority of groups was fine with it and supportive. I made quite a few friends from this as well. The key is to communicate, tell them that you are inexperienced and ask for a little patience upfront. There will be the occasional "gogogogo" person that gives a hissy fit, but in my experience most groups respond well to it.

So all I want to say is: don't be too shy, try tanking and healing if you think it might be interesting. With a little open communication it can be very rewarding from start. And of course the best thing is to start at lower levels and not jump in at max level, when people have higher expectations already.

A few days ago (before 2.5 hit us) I had a fun HM Czerka Coremeltdown flashpoint. We had two Knight dpses, one of them was a sentinel, and I haven’t checked the other’s AC, but he had an overkill gear and he was from a good raiding guild. I was on my scoundrel sawbones in a fully augmented 69-78 gear.

All is good I thought, until I’ve seen the tank. He was a shadow with 31,5k health, buffed. I’m one of the sane healers who prefer mitigation tanks instead of health based ones, but this low health for a shadow was a bit suspicious, even for me. After I checked his gear it became obvious he had mostly conqueror pvp gear, which is more than enough for HM FPs, but after a closer inspection I realized half of it was sage healer gear, even one of his relic (“Healing an ally…"). I thought, hmm... let’s check how many times have he done this FP. Just as expected, he has done the SM version, but not the HM one. Challange accepted :rak_03:

So while I’ve kicked off Parsec, I thought to myself that I will mention none of this to our group mates. Selfish move on my part I know, but hey, the tank wasn’t asking for pointers, he never even stated that this was his first time.

With the two competent dps we easily made our way towards the first bosses, and I was getting into the proper mental state, preparing for the train wreck that was bound to happen at Sandclaw.

Oh boy, and a train wreck it was. As I suspected the tank had no idea, that he should take the boss to the generators. One of the knights either ripped agro, or taunted (if he was a guardian) and tried to take the boss to the green lit generator. He didn’t make it there before our tank taunted back ofc :cool:

I was adamant on one thing only, to keep the two dps and myself alive, I was trying to heal the tank too, but since he wasn’t a priority, he passed away when the boss had 30-40% health, he ressed immediately, as all pvp players tend to, and thusly locked out of the fight by the closed door. But to be honest, I wouldn’t bothered with combat ressing him, so no loss there

I’m really not sure if we even managed to destroy that single generator that was near to us. I was too busy healing through the constant sandstorms, the rampages and the boss’ hits to whoever was tanking it at the time. It only became hairy when I ripped agro. Guess, finishing at 4188 ehps might do that, even if only half of it counts as threat :rolleyes:

The Jungle boss was much smoother compared to this, the only hard part of it was to let our tank die. Cause he could taunt the boss away from the mushrooms, but couldn’t hold agro long enough to die from the boss’ hits. Due to this I had a hard time to manage my strongest (aoe) heals not to hit him, but hit the dps and me. Luckily, he went down at some point and we made it with ease afterwards.

After this, my sentinel friend thought that this is the right time to start tanking. I’ve warned him to use his defensive cooldowns on one of the nastiest pulls in all HMs. I’m referring to the group standing to the left console that you have to click on before the final boss. He didn’t, and he went down in less then 1 GCD. Despite the fact that I pre-casted more hots on him. Sorry I cannot heal that, but I’m striving to learn it one day though.

On the final boss our tank died for the third, and final time. I’ve noticed too late that he decided not to move out of the aoe electricity. A burst heal could’ve saved him. Probably.

All in all, it was one of the most fun HMFP for me. And let me state it again (before haters gonna hate ;)) I would’ve explained all fights to the tank, if he would’ve at least asked for it. A pvp player should know best that communication is key.

^This.

I saw this happening several times already and it's kind of annoying. The tossing does not really save time anyway, and when a toss results in a train of mobs, way more time is lost than could ever be gained by an instakill of a single mob.

It's the same when people toss the one droid in hammerstation that waits after the bridge. It will not die from falling, but will be somewhere beneath the floor and keep attacking the group. It will be out of range / not targetable, though and become a major annoyance.

Tossing of mobs is fine, but people please don't do it in Czerka Labs and that one droid in Hammerstation, it's more pain than gain.

Thanks for the info, that's probably what had happened. Still, I felt like a noob when I was unable to heal thru it.

I do sometimes push mobs when we don't have melee, other than the vanguard tank which is semi melee, and I forget that pushing mobs is annoying since I don't play a melee class.

I don't know about that. My first two characters were healers, and they're still pretty much my "mains" and best-geared characters on either faction.

Even though my first char would probably have warranted me a place in this thread... little on-topic aparte :

I was playing a scoundrel "healer" with 2 points in sawbones, rest in scrapper, up until I eventually hit a wall... in Directive 7. Yes it took 47 levels for anyone to take offense to my less than stellar healing (not that many people died on my watch before then, but the lack of HoTs should probably have ticked them off...), and even then I suspect it was in part because the tank wasn't doing a very good job (I had to exhaust all my energy just to keep the dps alive). Anyway, I got told to "please heal us, ok?" (as if I was doing anything else...), and after a couple wipes on the third boss, one of the dps left and we requeued, with me as dps... thankfully we got a sage with plenty of experience and things went smoothly from there. Lesson learned, I paid a visit to the skill mentor after the flashpoint.

...Anyway, my point was, little noobiness issues aside, healing is a rather simple role for most content. You are the least mechanic-dependant role in the party (no target kill order to know, expected to target friendlies so no interrupting, very few unique mechanics, situational awareness can become an issue if the party is taking huge damage but most of the time it's not a problem). Unlike the tank who is forced into a leadership role, you are a complete follower. There is a sense of responsibility, but essentially it's just about casting the right ability at the right time (preventive heal, small heal, big heal, emergency heal), keeping an eye out on those red bars and your own resources, and staying out of harm's way when playing against poor tanks.

Now tanking... it takes some experience and/or a special kind of player. This is most likely not for everyone. And some of the kind of players who would naturally get attracted to it could explain the tank-with-an-attitude problems we see in this thread.

Now tanking... it takes some experience and/or a special kind of player. This is most likely not for everyone. And some of the kind of players who would naturally get attracted to it could explain the tank-with-an-attitude problems we see in this thread.

Actually really easily explained by anyone. Tank is the role the least people want to play, you do not see huge Dps numbers or huge healing numbers. Instead you have the pleasure of being the ragdoll the boss stuns/pulls/pushes around the arena. Plus you have to sit and know the mechanics and how to counter them or nullify them moreso then a Dps or healer. So with few people playing the role, those that do get to feel entitled and stuck up. Especially when it comes to a GF que as in most cases the tank just has to hit their que button and a FP instantly pops up, no hour wait. So they get the "Well I can just instant pop a FP so you guys gotta deal with me or sit and wait for an hour" kind of complex.

Think that about sums up the why behind a lot of the arrogant tanks you see. Though a small sect of them are arrogant cause they are full clear of all progression content and sport a "From beyond" and "Dragonslayer" title. Kind of hard to argue with them when it comes to handling a boss fight and its mechanics so I kind of see those tanks as a deserved measure of arrogance despite not being happy with them having it.

On the higher levels tanking is very easy, on the lower levels it is tough (especially if dps pull before you or don't listen to you). I don't understand why people think tanking is hard in ops or hm fps, it really isn't. Is it the switches? I mean if pressing "tab" and the taunt button is the hardest thing about being a tank I think they got it pretty easy.

This is the first MMO I played and the tank is the first role I selected. I find it very satisfying, but sometimes very distressing. I am off 16 man HM OPs because my system just cannot render with enough FPS for me to do various mechanics (like, surprisingly, getting the isotope cylinders down on TC HM).

When I took my year off TOR I tried WoW and played dps for the first time (well I had my Gunslinger but never raided with it). With the obsessiveness in WoW over damage meter output I found it even more stressful than tanking. Still managed to down the odd HM raid. Have not yet tried a healer but once I get the Sent and GS to 55 I think levelling a powertech is on the agenda.

Edited by Bilirubin

A few days ago (before 2.5 hit us) ... He was a shadow ...even one of his relic (“Healing an ally…")

Since this was before 2.5, the healing relic was appropriate for a shadow tank, especially with low level content like a flashpoint. The relic could trigger additional self-heals, when the shadow self-healed via combat technique, telekinetic throw w/harnessed shadow, battle readiness, or a medpack.

Kinda fits the topic tanks:

Red Reaper on my Sorc Healer:

Jugg tank, Maro DPS and Merc DPS

Surprisingly, we survived the first pull, however, soon I noticed Vicious Throw procs on the tank. That's when I realised he was DPS specced. Well, he was in tank stance so I thought it was no big deal as long as he did his job...which he didn't. While he jumped in first, he never tried to catch all the aggro, so most of the enemies were constantly attacking me, screwing up my force management.

Merc DPS told him to guard me, to which he replied nothing (he hadn't been guarding anyone). Guarding me wouldn't have been the solution anyway, but it would have been better than nothing in this situation. The Merc also tried to tank the enemies that attacked me.

We died two times because I took way too much damage, additionally the others fell to their deaths a couple of times...which happens.

Still, the Juggernaut seemed to know the fp well, so it's funny he got kicked off the bridge.

I don't mind people falling to their deaths, most of us did, but I do mind tanks not even trying to tank. He would have performed a lot better if he had been skilled for tank, but he didn't even try to attack all the enemies and that's what I hate. Also, even DPS Juggs have their aoe taunt.

^This.

I saw this happening several times already and it's kind of annoying. The tossing does not really save time anyway, and when a toss results in a train of mobs, way more time is lost than could ever be gained by an instakill of a single mob.

It's the same when people toss the one droid in hammerstation that waits after the bridge. It will not die from falling, but will be somewhere beneath the floor and keep attacking the group. It will be out of range / not targetable, though and become a major annoyance.

Tossing of mobs is fine, but people please don't do it in Czerka Labs and that one droid in Hammerstation, it's more pain than gain.

There are other places where that glitch of it keeps attacking can happen, or it's nearly dead, it glitches and it decides to "EVADE" reset and jump back up. Honestly I hate it when groups do that, I've even seen it done in a place where you can still see the glow from the drops and seen a purple beam shooting up MANY times. Oh look you just threw away a purple item because you were in too much of a hurry to take another 15 seconds to kill something properly.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

I never thought I'd post in here because I've usually been lucky enough to avoid horrible groups but my last one was absolutely abysmal.

Pulled up group finder and popped Red Reaper on pub side. I'm a level 43 mando healer with fully modded level 43 blues, just upgraded. My group is a sentinel/shadow dps team and a shadow tank. We all know the first pull for this FP is pretty rough. Both shadows go flying in one direction and begin attacking, but somehow the tank gets pulled in another direction and aggros another mob. Eventually leads to our first wipe because all of the groups get aggroed and I can't keep them off me so I go down real quick. We finally clear and get through the room and up through the elevator to the next trouble mob. Wipe again because my CC is broken and the shadow duo's CCs are broken by an AOE. I get called out for not healing well enough which, I agree, I could have done better, but the tank was tanking massive spikey damage while the shadow DPS was too and I prioritized the tank in between my kolto bombs and hammer shots.

We get to the first boss and we wipe again because the shadow dps keeps pulling aggro from the tank and dying. He gets angry with me for not being able to heal him faster than the boss is damaging him, but spamming advanced med probe->med probe and using hammer shot to try and maintain decent cell levels only gets me so far. Not even trauma probe can keep him alive. Meanwhile the boss keeps attacking me even though I've been shielded...cause the tank doesn't use any kind of taunt. At all.

After we clear we get to the room just past it and the tank gets knocked around like a pinball taking spikey damage out the wazoo and the two DPS spread out and all of the mobs get aggroed which leads to another horrific wipe. At this point I'm ready to leave because I can't keep them together long enough to use kolto bomb and I have to keep spamming medical probes which knocks down my cells real quick. I get called out again by the shadow dps and he initiates a vote kick against me because "my heals are bad".

I left the group because I was tired of being blamed for a faulty group dynamic when it was obvious it was all of us. While I admit that there were times when my heals weren't as strong as I wished and I fought to keep them alive there was only so much I could do when one DPS and the tank are both absolutely terrible. I hope to never have an experience like that again!

Level 40 - 45 are rougher post - 2.0 with the inflation of the skill trees pushing your keynote ability out of reach for 5 more levels. Bacta Infusion makes a ton of difference but really, a double melee group in Red Reaper is going to be a nightmare to heal unless the tank and the derps know what they're doing.

I have to admire your restraint in not excoriating whoever was breaking cc or even pointing fingers, not something I'm capable of :p

A freshly upgraded healer should be able to keep a competent group up, but some groups there's just no saving from themselves.

Thanks, I agree completely. I'm so close to getting Bacta Infusion (only need two more levels). I've done a few FPs with my mando since the launch of the patch but never anything that rough! Not even Dread Fortress with my merc healer was that bad, LOL.

I never thought I'd post in here because I've usually been lucky enough to avoid horrible groups but my last one was absolutely abysmal.

Pulled up group finder and popped Red Reaper on pub side. I'm a level 43 mando healer with fully modded level 43 blues, just upgraded. My group is a sentinel/shadow dps team and a shadow tank. We all know the first pull for this FP is pretty rough. Both shadows go flying in one direction and begin attacking, but somehow the tank gets pulled in another direction and aggros another mob. Eventually leads to our first wipe because all of the groups get aggroed and I can't keep them off me so I go down real quick. We finally clear and get through the room and up through the elevator to the next trouble mob. Wipe again because my CC is broken and the shadow duo's CCs are broken by an AOE. I get called out for not healing well enough which, I agree, I could have done better, but the tank was tanking massive spikey damage while the shadow DPS was too and I prioritized the tank in between my kolto bombs and hammer shots.

We get to the first boss and we wipe again because the shadow dps keeps pulling aggro from the tank and dying. He gets angry with me for not being able to heal him faster than the boss is damaging him, but spamming advanced med probe->med probe and using hammer shot to try and maintain decent cell levels only gets me so far. Not even trauma probe can keep him alive. Meanwhile the boss keeps attacking me even though I've been shielded...cause the tank doesn't use any kind of taunt. At all.

After we clear we get to the room just past it and the tank gets knocked around like a pinball taking spikey damage out the wazoo and the two DPS spread out and all of the mobs get aggroed which leads to another horrific wipe. At this point I'm ready to leave because I can't keep them together long enough to use kolto bomb and I have to keep spamming medical probes which knocks down my cells real quick. I get called out again by the shadow dps and he initiates a vote kick against me because "my heals are bad".

I left the group because I was tired of being blamed for a faulty group dynamic when it was obvious it was all of us. While I admit that there were times when my heals weren't as strong as I wished and I fought to keep them alive there was only so much I could do when one DPS and the tank are both absolutely terrible. I hope to never have an experience like that again!

Meh, that'll happen. I've been vote kicked by an idiot healer and a dps group she got to tag along because I wouldn't stand in place so she could heal me while I was KITING a boss. I understand she can't move while she heals, but when a healer knows the exact path a tank is tanking--being that I told her how I was going to be kiting---she can adjust and position herself as needed. Knowing that it was HM and the FP that it was I doubt they finished it, so I took solace in that.

Sounds like you just had back luck in your draw, but such is the nature of GF.

Level 40 - 45 are rougher post - 2.0 with the inflation of the skill trees pushing your keynote ability out of reach for 5 more levels. Bacta Infusion makes a ton of difference but really, a double melee group in Red Reaper is going to be a nightmare to heal unless the tank and the derps know what they're doing.

I have to admire your restraint in not excoriating whoever was breaking cc or even pointing fingers, not something I'm capable of :p

A freshly upgraded healer should be able to keep a competent group up, but some groups there's just no saving from themselves.

You can't heal through stupid.

This is especially true of Merc/Mando given their hard-casting and lack of big AoE/HoT abilities.

So i was doing a HM 55 Hammer Station earlier on my Merc, with a sniper DPS, assassin tank and a sorc healer. When we come to the first boss me and the sniper jump on the box so we don't have to put up with those explosive droids. During the course of the pull both myself and the sniper take threat and we end up wiping. After the pull it gets worse though, both the healer and tank blame the wipe on the DPS, saying it's because we were standing on the box, I try to tell them that I've done it like this more times than I can count but I might as well be talking to 2 rocks for all the notice they take. At this point the sniper leaves, but I'm thinking ill give it another crack as it's a simple boss. So this time, much of the same happens, i take threat within about 10-15 seconds (and yes i had threat dropped) and it goes south from there. Before the rest of the group wiped, I checked out what the tank was doing wrong. There were a few things but the main one was the fact he was channeling FL with usually only 1 stack of harnessed darkness and sometimes none and I'm pretty sure he opened a pull with lacerate as well. I have no idea how he got to 55 without actually reading that skill in the tree. So after the second pull I get booted from the group because apparently standing on the box caused me to take stacks of targeted laser, I was told it had absolutely nothing to do with the tank holding threat.

*sigh* Another lowbie Athiss run on my little Powertech Tank.

Had a sniper in the group that appeared to have been from a PVP server (I'm on a RP-PVE one) from his achievements, but how he got any was beyond me. This sniper was in one of the new space PVP orange armour with three pieces just empty, and the rest partially geared with a mix of cunning and aim mods. O_O

Sent him a whisper, get a "Yeah I know mods are hard to find". Alright.... move to send him a whisper asking if he had any green/blue gear to equip in the meantime... oh, I'm now on ignore. ><

For the rest of the FP have to play the game common to five year olds of "can you tell [NAME] that...". Thankfully the other DPS, despite connection issues, was on the ball, and the healer was over levelled for the FP. If I hadn't had to wait for a DPS in the first place he'd had gotten a nice big kick.

Least I don't have to add another poor DPS to my ignore list since he did it for me.

Just had a group doing EoT. All DPS, but we all have usable CCs, so it should be smooth. Nah, not at all. I mark my CCs, call them out, and of course someone else keeps attacking them. About five mobs in one of the guys chimes in saying he's used to the marked target being attacked, not CC'd. All well and good, had I not explained that I was CCing the targets that I market.

Anyway, I was a 52 or 53, they were all 55s, so minus targets that I was on first I never pulled aggro initially so I never died. There were near chances, and everyone else died at least twice, but hey, we got through and I didn't have a repair bill so things could have been worse. I guess some DPS just get used to playing faceroll and not utilizing any kind of strategy. Everyone on a different target, not focusing on weaker targets first. It's crazy out there in them streets =p

I see this a lot even at lower levels amongst people that have been playing this game a lot longer then I have...Ive only got a few months of gameplay in but I find myself taking charge of groups on a constant basis because theres always that one idiot that rushes in and decides to solo the boss or aggros one too many mobs. Whats worse is that one guy/girl will not take a hint and slow up a bit..No matter how many times you tell them to hit the weaker ones first, or to hit one all together. Youre better off just talking to a brick wall.

*sigh* Another lowbie Athiss run on my little Powertech Tank.

Had a sniper in the group that appeared to have been from a PVP server (I'm on a RP-PVE one) from his achievements, but how he got any was beyond me. This sniper was in one of the new space PVP orange armour with three pieces just empty, and the rest partially geared with a mix of cunning and aim mods. O_O

Sent him a whisper, get a "Yeah I know mods are hard to find". Alright.... move to send him a whisper asking if he had any green/blue gear to equip in the meantime... oh, I'm now on ignore. ><

For the rest of the FP have to play the game common to five year olds of "can you tell [NAME] that...". Thankfully the other DPS, despite connection issues, was on the ball, and the healer was over levelled for the FP. If I hadn't had to wait for a DPS in the first place he'd had gotten a nice big kick.

Least I don't have to add another poor DPS to my ignore list since he did it for me.

should have kicked him and used companion. they're better than half naked idiots and if you have a lot of other characters you can use heroic moment to mow down the bosses :D