Romance-able character no longer romance able?

TrimbleBird

The list is in the holonet under companions I noticed that two of the male character that been romance-able in the past are longer romance able I'll even post a link to it if you want. http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/tharan-cedrax : Tharan Cadrax is one I noticed right off the bat since he's the reason I created my female jedi consular for.

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/lieutenant-pierce

Lieutenant Pierce I could care less about but it seems kind of distressing to me that two male character were taken off the romance-able list since I know for a fact that plenty of girls like myself play this game!!!

Oh yeah, those two. They're not full romances but one-night stands you can engage in via their companion storyline - unlike other romances (with Pierce at least) there's no after conversations relating to your... ah... 'relations', nor any talk of marriage, children etc.

Therefore they do not qualify as romances because they do not have the hallmarks that the fully fleshed out romances do. Only male characters have access to multiple fully fleshed out romances.

Make of that what you will.

It is very unfair, but Bioware didn't seem to care about fairness when they put the romances in and I doubt they're suddenly going to start considering fairness in the near future. They've already said that making companion romances is really hard.

pierce is not that bad,

as you can at least imply continuation with the whole "this is now part of your duties"

and thank the maker, because Quinn, personally, makes me want to punch babies. I can accept that he works for some people, but I neither understand it, nor share that preference.

Cedrax is... yeah....

he pretty much definitively dumps your character for Holiday, so I can see why they would take him of romanceable's list

What I find unfair about it is that there are no equivalent 'fling' Romances for male toons. No, they get multiple choices for full Romances instead, while not a single female toon has that option.

No female characters building up their hope and then dashing them with lack of commitment/marriage/children. They get to have it all.

/bitter

pierce is not that bad,

as you can at least imply continuation with the whole "this is now part of your duties"

and thank the maker, because Quinn, personally, makes me want to punch babies. I can accept that he works for some people, but I neither understand it, nor share that preference.

Cedrax is... yeah....

he pretty much definitively dumps your character for Holiday, so I can see why they would take him of romanceable's list

He doesn't actually dump you for Holiday. If you delve into that convo, he says that she's electrified his bed and is jolting him at random times as punishment.

I'd dump you too to avoid that agony.

Weren't all the writers on this project men?

No. Off the top of my head, I can think of two female writers: Jennifer Hepler (one of three credited Senior Writers, co-wrote the Smuggler story) and Joanne Berry (Jedi Consular).

Think of it this way: I mean yea, your characters if they are female should be able to get married, but how awkward would that be to see pregnant female characters running around in the future lol!

I kinda see why they didn't go there but it is still unfair to the people playing female characters that they are not able to do the same things male charas can do in their romances.

Think of it this way: I mean yea, your characters if they are female should be able to get married, but how awkward would that be to see pregnant female characters running around in the future lol!

Marriage doesn't automagically mean pregnancy. Also, Quinn at least speaks about how the Warrior would have to go into a period of confinement if she were to become pregnant.

Marriage doesn't automagically mean pregnancy. Also, Quinn at least speaks about how the Warrior would have to go into a period of confinement if she were to become pregnant.

And Doc talks about how the Jedi robes would hide the baby bump.

I avoid the digital romance in SWTOR. The whole notion is a wee bit creepy IMO.

I remember back in grade school seeing girls walking around with their little romance paperbacks. Don't recall seeing any guys with these type of books.

I'm a guy. I like zombies, sports, guns and such. Don't play video games for romance. I play to kill stuff.

Edited by Belacose

I'm a guy. I like zombies, sports, guns and such. Don't play video games for romance. I play to kill stuff.

And I know guys who like the Bioware Romances. There are guys writing the Bioware Romances.

Different strokes. Enjoy your hack'n'slash.