Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I am assuming these are all gripes from the PvP and RP servers, right?

Dalborra (PvE) is not at all abandoned, and while it isn't spilling over into more than one instance at all, it is pretty comfortable. I'm not sure I'd appreciate logging on one day to find all 3 servers have been merged and I can't even get in any more due the lone server not handling the capacity of all three...

As long as that is not going to happen go for it, and if it's just a RP/PvP server merge... I don't care, go for it too :p

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalborra (PvE) is not at all abandoned, and while it isn't spilling over into more than one instance at all, it is pretty comfortable. I'm not sure I'd appreciate logging on one day to find all 3 servers have been merged and I can't even get in any more due the lone server not handling the capacity of all three...

As long as that is not going to happen go for it, and if it's just a RP/PvP server merge... I don't care, go for it too :p

Way to think long term buddy.

If its a merge it will be all 3. Or its transfers in which case there is a good chance dalborra will become a graveyard as well.

Stop thinking about just yourself. Seeing what we have, I would prefer a 15 min wait in the que rather than not bring able to do anything. I am sure most of MDN will gladly agree with me there.

30 mins queue to login everyday is nothing compare to 30 mins queue between each wz. Given the super-server tech, I highly doubt the apac population will exceed the server capacity, even after 3 merges into 1.

Well they've merged US servers and their tech seems to be holding up. I'm from Dalborra and while our population is not as terrible as the other 2 APAC servers it is far from fantastic nor anything like the US server pops. I believe the populations will continue to decline with ftp school and uni kids quitting over the school year and people just getting bored of the content in general. To combat this, mergers are neccessary

I really doubt you are going to get queues if all 3 servers are merged. The total population of PvP + RP servers is about half of Dalborra. You need some superoptimistic projection of everyone coming back from US servers and people resubbing to get close to full.

Seeing as 80-85% of the APAC population wants to merge the servers, most people on all the servers want to merge, the RP group wants it the least.

I'm guessing you mostly do 50 or PVP content? You can't tell me you can get groups for sub 50 FP and heroics easily can you?

I really doubt you are going to get queues if all 3 servers are merged. The total population of PvP + RP servers is about half of Dalborra. You need some superoptimistic projection of everyone coming back from US servers and people resubbing to get close to full.

Speaking of superoptimistic... the highest pop right now is the RP server.

If we're going to talk about fanciful figures from the past, MDN was no slouch in the months after launch, and was in fact the most popular server. That everyone left reflects how bad the PvP is/was/will be for the foreseeable future.

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

Speaking of superoptimistic... the highest pop right now is the RP server.

If we're going to talk about fanciful figures from the past, MDN was no slouch in the months after launch, and was in fact the most popular server. That everyone left reflects how bad the PvP is/was/will be for the foreseeable future.

RP server isn't the highest pop. It just says standard every time 20 people are on fleet.

RP server isn't the highest pop. It just says standard every time 20 people are on fleet.

Wrong it is the highest pop server the planets are full of players and I joined a guild there the other day that had over 50 people online in just this one guild!

Not everyone hangs around fleet you know.

Edited by lorelthesecond

Wrong it is the highest pop server the planets are full of players and I joined a guild there the other day that had over 50 people online in just this one guild!

Not everyone hangs around fleet you know.

Then as i have said before in this thread it's only Master D that is the problem :rolleyes:

Populations by whoing level ranges at approximately 1pm AEDT Tuesday

Master Dar'Nala : 228 total

Dalborra : 697 total

Gav Daragon : 276 total

I'll do this again at about 8pm tonight, that might be more meaningful. Although maybe not for a no maintenance Tuesday.

Edited by mrpayday
mispelling

Dav Garagon : 276 total

I'll do this again at about 8pm tonight, that might be more meaningful. Although maybe not for a no maintenance Tuesday.

And yet:

Master D: Light Status

Dalborra: Light Status

Gav Daragon: Standard Status (it must be all the "we're alright thanks jack players there)

I've done Master D at peak times and it has more than Gav Daragon. I think GAV DARAGON people role play imaginary players into existence.

Gav Daragon : 276 total

Also is that Republic and Empire numbers?

I have a 50 and a 20-something on Gav Daragon, and a 30-something on Dalborra. I kept seeing 'Standard' and occasional 'Heavy' indicators for GD, only 'Light' with an occasional 'Standard' for Dalborra. So I left GD for a month or so, and took a trip to Dalborra. Well...

Dalborra is easy to get queue pops for warzones, flashpoints, and so on...GD, not so much. The Dalborra populations on the planets I have been to (up to and including Alderaan) have more people in them at a majority of times, not just fleet. The status of the server, I have discovered, means nothing in terms of raw numbers.

I prefer Gav Daragon. I like the concept of the server better. And the people are awesome (not to say the folks on Dalborra aren't, mind you). But the numbers speak for themselves, and in the numbers/population department, Dalborra wins. Just the way it is.

Going to give it to the end of the week until I decide what to do next. I have barely played since Christmas.

I'm currently playing rift, torchlight 2, apb reloaded and path of exiles.

Most likely going to unsub from SWTOR until master dar nala characters are xfered to greener pastures. No point paying a sub if I'm not enjoying the game/ not playing.

Seriously how much more time is this going to take, so over it.

<3 Chippy

Yeah..... Queues aren't going to be a problem...

Its hardly a super server even if they merge all 3.

I give the newly merged server 6 months (if they merge) before its a baron wasteland.

I just want my APAC chars over to The Harbringer YESTERDAY!

Well sadly i have uninstalled the game, I do love it and think that it is a good game though it gets to the point that the restrictions in game play pertaining to the limited numbers on oceanic servers ruins the gaming experiences and alas with the limited and poor communication skills of EAware im not willing to gamble on them correcting this issue anytime soon.

I wish you all well and hope that you get the result you need and deserve.

I give the newly merged server 6 months (if they merge) before its a baron wasteland.

Quite likely. Most of the nobility flounced off to GW2 months ago. There's only myself and Viscount Linley left on GD now, and he is quite disinclined to tolerate any merging with the lower orders.