No side quick bars?

YuricKeldiran

I have to say that the lack of the quick side bars is the least to worry me in the F2P version. Honetly I am more worried of the lack of trade with my friends, that I can`t wishper, nor have acces to bank. There are more to count but will stop to these only for now. The restriction of the "free" players are making this from Free-2Play to Pay-2-Win game.... :mad:

Okay enough with the Pay-2-Win. You really need to stop using a term you clearly don't understand. Here's a quote from Joystiq: "The truth is that the costs are known in advance; the toll is painted on the sign in giant letters. If you don't see it, that doesn't automatically qualify the game as pay-to-win. It qualifies you as someone who cannot afford the toll."

You need to sub in order to gain access to the full feaatures. Not having access to the full features is a handicap. This does not make the game pay-to-win, it makes it pay-to-play.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quickbars restriction needs to be thrown out the window. It wasn't a great idea in the beginning and people on these forums wanted it gone. I'm not sure why BioWare hasn't gone back on their decision but it needs to happen. People see it on the list of free-to-play restrictions and just laugh at it because it doesn't make any sense.

I understand now why BW does not listen to the players of this game.

This latest whine fest is simply hilarious.

1 UI quickbars do not need them until level 20 you are perfectly fine with 2 maybe even higher.

2 For measly 4 dollars you get the quick bars and sprint and other things activated on first purchase.

You got the game for free and all the story which is basically the best part for free.

You did not have to pay for the box like with GW2 so they have to make some cash and annoy you to get at least small one time purchase and reward you for that.

Shut up

You have to remember this isn't some extra stuff like new content or a mount, items or a pet or something like that, this is essential to gameplay, you have a tonne of abilites which require 3-4 action bars, and they only give FTP 2 action bars, this will drive more potential costumers away then it will persuade into paying, everything else is justifiable wihtin reason but limiting action bars, this is a first i have ever seen and as much as i love Star Wars and this game, what the hell were they thinking.

This is absolutely right on the dot. I was expecting them to take away ALOT of things, such as species, limit 2 per server, items, and what not. However, when you are limiting someone's ABILITY TO PLAY the actual game........well, that's just trolling, imo. I have 2 lvl 50 characters and I can't play them. Instead of saying, "oh tor will be free-to-play in November," they should have said, "oh it's still gonna be free-to-play up to lvl 15 still." Any higher lvl than that and you can't play due to a lack of quick bars.

It's like a movie theater telling people that some movies are free to watch. You then go over to the theater and they cover up half the screen and turn the volume to 2 if you don't pay them, while I was expecting to watch the movie but with lower quality with a television sized screen. It's like, what's the point? Well, that's not the best example b/c I actually paid full price for the game when it came out last winter.

And if someone can give me an actual justification, if there is one, rather than just giving ******** comments and being a troll and saying "well, what did you expect," I would appreciate it.....

This is absolutely right on the dot. I was expecting them to take away ALOT of things, such as species, limit 2 per server, items, and what not. However, when you are limiting someone's ABILITY TO PLAY the actual game........well, that's just trolling, imo. I have 2 lvl 50 characters and I can't play them. Instead of saying, "oh tor will be free-to-play in November," they should have said, "oh it's still gonna be free-to-play up to lvl 15 still." Any higher lvl than that and you can't play due to a lack of quick bars.

It's like a movie theater telling people that some movies are free to watch. You then go over to the theater and they cover up half the screen and turn the volume to 2 if you don't pay them, while I was expecting to watch the movie but with lower quality with a television sized screen. It's like, what's the point? Well, that's not the best example b/c I actually paid full price for the game when it came out last winter.

And if someone can give me an actual justification, if there is one, rather than just giving ******** comments and being a troll and saying "well, what did you expect," I would appreciate it.....

It's not for a lack of trying to get this addressed when this was on the PTS - at the very least, we got it bumped up to two from one. But yeah, you should never have more abilities than you do quickslots. Even as a subscriber, I find that restriction to be totally unacceptable. I think the blame lies with a lot of players whose enjoyment of their continued patronage of SW:TOR seemed to hinge on how much F2P customers suffered.

This is crap... i payed for the game and now they want me to pay more for features that i already payed for ?

The UI is part of the game not part of the server, is this robbery or what ?

You apparently don't know this, but it is a fairly well known belief by companies these days that you do not own a game when you pay for it. You are leasing the rights to use their software. Read the EULA.

This is the reason game stores can't re-sell PC games.

So it makes sense for them to give a crapier version of a failed game that few are willing to pay for?

Ummm .. I wouldn't have posted a response in this thread because the OP is well within reason to voice an opinion, but here opinion is being pushed as fact.

There are many that DO pay, and happily. Please do not speak on behalf of others you do not know.

Edited by Leopagne

Being entitled to the use of all of the abilities your class is given with quickslots (not even including buffs or stances), is not unjustified.

You dont need more then 2 and hell I have played a lot of classes to 50 and only use 1 and omg raid with one qb

This is the only problem I have with the FTP SWTOR. I am after all a come back player. The quick bars should be provided to all player, weather or not they are only coming back or they are new. I'm fine with everything else though, in matter of fact I was planning on getting some coin and getting so of the cool new stuff. Please provide the quick bars for everyone, there are simply too many abilities to try and put in the given amount of slots right now.

They have to charge for something. LOTRO which everyone seems to love so much charges for basic content that SWTOR gives away for free. I disagree with this and really can't believe all the complaining about it.

Edited by Master-Nala

It's not unjustified to ask, but it is unjustified to behave as if this is anywhere near a necessity.

I would argue that having access to all of your class's active abilities is a necessity. It is up to the player which ones they use, which ones are optimal, but if the developers choose to give you a certain amount of abilities, you should be able to access them. Either cut back on the ability bloat, remove useless/redundant abilities as a character specializes, or give access to all of the given abilities.

Are they all necessary for optimal play? No. But not all players play optimally.

Edited by CelCawdro

I understand now why BW does not listen to the players of this game.

This latest whine fest is simply hilarious.

1 UI quickbars do not need them until level 20 you are perfectly fine with 2 maybe even higher.

2 For measly 4 dollars you get the quick bars and sprint and other things activated on first purchase.

You got the game for free and all the story which is basically the best part for free.

You did not have to pay for the box like with GW2 so they have to make some cash and annoy you to get at least small one time purchase and reward you for that.

Shut up

If someone can d/l the game now and play for "free", and I, with purchasing the box and subs have payed $150, then yes, i feel i am "entitled" to a few things. like if i had it before i should be able to use it now. for gods sakes, at least all my abilities. if $150+ does allow me to have ALL my quickbars then EA/Bioware can go F*** off.

You dont need more then 2 and hell I have played a lot of classes to 50 and only use 1 and omg raid with one qb

Wow you suck, i feel bad for the people you play with.

If someone can d/l the game now and play for "free", and I, with purchasing the box and subs have payed $150, then yes, i feel i am "entitled" to a few things. like if i had it before i should be able to use it now. for gods sakes, at least all my abilities. if $150+ does allow me to have ALL my quickbars then EA/Bioware can go F*** off.

Wow you suck, i feel bad for the people you play with.

Why? I dps with the best of them on my shadow

Sorry but Bioware/EA dropped the ball big time on this. I understand them wanting to make money, but stopping people from having basic UI functions is just greedy.

And before anyone says, well its only $4.00, it doesnt matter. I am a preferred customer per their definitions, I can play the game for free and I can choose if I want to spend any more money on the game, but by restricting us to 2 bars and some of the other restrictions, is not making me want to spend money, it is making me want to delete the game and never come back. That is not how this should work. It should be making me want to spend money, but the greed from Bioware/EA has done the opposite.

/signed

I'm okay with pretty much everything else they've restricted for FtP players. I think restricting hide helmet slot and, to a lesser extent, unify colors is a little silly, but it's cosmetic stuff so okay. I'm perfectly fine restricting new titles and legacy names, but restricting titles and legacy names that I earned while playing as a subscriber seemed a little much. But again, cosmetic stuff and you gotta make some money so sure, go for it.

But restricting quick bars is really poor form. Just as a for instance, my lvl 31 Trooper that I wanted to come back and play currently has 39 active abilities and only 24 slots to place them. I played for about an hour today and easily used every single ability on my bars. And I've got to hop into my abilities menu if I want to use Unity or Heroic Moment (and my legacy ability) or Quick Travel. And I've still got quite a few abilities on the way in future levels.

And it's not just my convenience that causes me to complain about this. I think this ends up hurting BioWare/EA's FtP monetization strategy. Can I play the game with only two quickbars? Yeah, but I'm missing out some substantial gameplay elements here, and if the goal is to keep people playing and interested to the point that they will start taking advantage of microtransactions (or even subscribe) then adding restrictions that make the game frustrating to play and increases the likelihood that players won't reach top-level and won't be interested in paying to explore the high-end restricted content is gonna hurt them in the long run.