Ok, that's it...

Kurugi

I'm sick of not having a 50. I've been playing this game since launch. I got a Jugg to 50 back around before 1.2 hit and only played @50 for a week before finding out I didn't much like things at 50 (I pretty much strictly did PvP and didn't like how RNG getting gear was back then. That was before they implemented recruit gear).

I've been back for a few months. Honestly I should probably have about 3-4 50s by now, but I keep making alts, deleting characters I think I'm not interested in anymore only to regret it when I'm playing a different toon and then starting one over again. It's a vicious circle. It's a mess. Honestly I've always been a bit of an altoholic depending on the MMO but it's never been THIS bad.

Thing is I'll ditch a character for the dumbest reasons. Tonight for instance I was playing on a sorc (still on Dromund Kaas) and someone in general happened to mention how awesome they thought the smuggler story was, and I thought to myself "well, smuggler was the class I was most interested in before release...kinda weird how I never stuck with one". So I got off my sorc, deleted it, made a smuggler, but didn't really feel right about it so I ended up not doing anything really on the game tonight.

Reason I delete toons is because I'm always tempted to go back and play them just because they're already at a higher level or whatnot, and if I delete them then that temptation is gone and I can focus on my new toon, and I really don't like juggling around with leveling multiple toons at the same time.

I just can't stick with anything, and I really don't have much of a reason as to why. I tell myself I'm going to put my foot down and stick it out with something, but something always happens at one point, something completely unrelated, like I'll watch a James Bond movie and suddenly have the urge to play an imperial agent, or I'll watch a war movie and want to play a Trooper, stupid stuff like that.

Anyway, I'm gonna try and put my foot down again. I've decided I'm either going to go with a Marauder or an Assassin. I've leveled an assassin to 40 previously, and whenever I try to play one again I get bored because they take so long to develop. Early on you really do little more than thrash because you need talents (some of which are near the top of the talent tree) to make abilities like shock/maul/FL even worth using in the first place, and even though I know they're a ton of fun when I get to that point I don't have the patience to get back there.

Marauder...I find them a lot of fun to play, especially in PvP. Thing is I've already played a Jugg to 50 so I already know the story, even though honestly I don't remember much of what you do on specific planets I remember all the high points. I am interested in seeing how the inquisitor story ends since I only got part way into chapter 2, but I remember getting pretty bored with it overall. Style wise I'm not a really big fan of dual-wielding while I double-blade is probably my favorite style.

Probably shouldn't make posts at 5 a.m. since this is getting rambly and incoherent. Any advice on which class you think I should go with or how best to stick with a character is appreciated. I find it funny how for some reason WoW is the only MMO where I pretty much stuck with 1 class all the way up. Dunno why that game is the exception while every other MMO I've played I hit alt-mode all the time.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text.

Why do you delete toons? You are trying to force yourself to believe you are not an altoholic, when you should accept that it isn't a bad thing

I'm an altoholic too but I never delete toons,

I've got my Commando, Sage and Powertech to 50

Assassin at 30, Marauder and Operative are at 20

Sorcerer, Sentinel, Gunslinger, Guardian and Sniper are at lv10

and I'll make a Vanguard when they release Cathar

Why delete them if you start something new? In given time you'll have all of them at the level cap, it takes roughly 3 weeks to get a toon to 50 playing 4 hours a day,

I ask again, why delete them?

Edited by pudim

the problem is you,you have 12 SLOTS and you delete characters to make a new one?what the hell,i'm an altoholic too but i never delete a char unless he is under lvl 20,i have 4 50 as you can see on my signature (soon to be 5-6,operative and commando are very close).

I thought I said why in my first post.

Reason I delete toons is because I'm always tempted to go back and play them just because they're already at a higher level or whatnot, and if I delete them then that temptation is gone and I can focus on my new toon, and I really don't like juggling around with leveling multiple toons at the same time.

^That's why.

I thought I said why in my first post.

^That's why.

It is obvious that it did NOT work. Having only one toon (by deleting other toons) won't make u focus on that toon. So stop deleting.

There are only 16 advance classes. Half are mirrored in skills and half have the same class story. So keep 12 toons and pick the one you particularly feel like play for the week. Yes I say a week; make a commitment to stick to one for a week. So you can make some progress. Then feel free to move on to another one the next week.

Edited by Banegio

Eh, i honestly think i might have some form of OCD or something.

Like I said though, I don't want half a dozen toons. I want ONE toon that I take from 1-50. I don't like juggling half a dozen characters at the same time. Hell, I'm already so sick of Coruscant/Dromund Kaas as it is I'm about ready to just call it quits. lol

Gather up all the things that inspire you about a given class (or whatever) and stick them in a box - not necessarily a physical box but in whatever context is suitable, group up that stuff and put it in a place that's easy to get to and which is safe.

When you're working on one one project and find unrelated, inspiring things along the way, don't just leap right into another project - stick them in that 'box'.

Get into the habit of going through the box, say on the 30th of every month and put things in an order that you want to get to them in the coming month (even if it's just to review a certain thing in say, a fortnight).

Learn to trust that you can put stuff that interests you in a certain place and that you don't need to keep it all in your head all the time (or at all).

While you're working on a given project and find yourself distracted, pop the box open and go through the stuff that inspired you to start your current project.

Lots of people have varying degrees of OCD style conditions (frankly I think nearly everybody lies somewhere along the OCD spectrum), we really only notice people at extremes.

Consider keeping a journal (yes, seriously, yes even for a game). You'll probably find when looking back through it that it leaps from subject to subject - take it as constructive criticism and find a way to create a more structured journal (i.e. learn to recognise where you're attention skips away and how to get back on track, without necessarily throwing away your existing progress).

I don't think you've really noticed, but you actually ARE "juggling" around multiple toons, you're just not getting anywhere with ANY of them because you're deleting them after a certain point. If you keep doing that, you will burn out and not play anymore. Go roll a toon in all eight classes and level each one up to ten. Then go back and level each one to 20. By that time, you should get a feel for which one you are liking the best. Don't delete any after that, just leave them alone. That way if you feel like playing another style you can. Or, you can just keep leveling each one in groups of ten and end up with 8 lvl 50 toons at the end. Whatever you do, you can't keep deleting them when you want to go do another class. You will not get to 50 if you do.

I'm an altoholic myself as well. In this game, and in every other MMO I've played over the years.

I like my Sage and Sorcerer, because they play very similar to my Priest back in my WoW days. For now they are also my only 2 level 50's.

My Mercenary and Marauder are level 43 and 42 respectivelly. My Shadow is now level 34 and my Scoundrel is 26. I've never been fond of stealth classes in other games. Usually play the ranged healer type. But after toying around with my Shadow I've started to enjoy stealthing around. But I felt something missing. Since I'm a healer at heart, and not a tank or DPS.

So the game gave me a solution :) Sawbones specced Scoundrel. And boy is it fun :) Might not be the fastest killer around, my Shadow eats enemies for lunch, while my Scoundrel takes awhile. But the combination of stealth, some really nasty abilities (dirty kicking mobs and then back blasting them with a shotgun) and the ability to heal makes it a win-win combination for me. Looks like I have finally found the perfect class for me. It took me over a year to get there, but that's OK :)

So my recommendation to you would be to make a list. Put on it everything you want a class to be able to. Then go look which class most closely resembles your wishes. And go play that.

Just stop deleting characters. I mean I haven't played my Marauder and Mercenary in ages. But they are still there and at quite high level. I have 12 character slots, and I only use 6. So no need for me to go trash stuff.

Edited by SandsOfArrakis

Eh, i honestly think i might have some form of OCD or something.

Like I said though, I don't want half a dozen toons. I want ONE toon that I take from 1-50. I don't like juggling half a dozen characters at the same time. Hell, I'm already so sick of Coruscant/Dromund Kaas as it is I'm about ready to just call it quits. lol

You WILL have a lv50 and lots of other low ones, whats the problem with that?

And here I thought I did not have a twin :)

Understand you perfectly well. Very similar story here. Though, I did push myself and got my 4 lvl 50s. Oh, and I keep rolling my favorite class even though I know the story by heart and delete those toons more often then others.

I do not play any of my 50s (beside getting HK47 once) but they are still useful for the craft. If you do like yours - just run him from time to time through the low levels and collect materials.

As for your choice now, I do not really understand your troubles with assassin. Tank-o-sin is a god. At least equally immortal. Even before you get yourself a doc. After that the game become a joke. Tanks safety, rogue DPS and invisibility and even a small self heal on top of it. Plus, you want to finish the story, right?

Though, have to agree, marauder is simply very cool. Not strongest or anything, but cool!

Bro, I have the same problem...

Heck, look at my sig! I'm addicted to making new characters, I've been playing since launch and still only have 1 50, and only had one other finish act 2...

Yesterday I made a Jedi Knight in hopes of making him a sentinel, but I already have a lvl 18 sentinel and I have a 25 Juggernaut, so despite having both advanced classes beyond 15, I still made another one.:rolleyes:

So what I had to do is just tell myself I'm an idiot if I keep making new guys, and I just commit to one guy for 5-7, then commit to another...

Well, that's my two cents.

Good Luck! ;)

Edited by beefyandbeef