The BattleZone Winner's Bracket Match 4: Kit Fisto vs. Savage Opress

Aurbere

You're responses make no sense to me.

And no, Fisto is slower, of course. But both of them literally sat there for a few seconds waiting for Savage to get back up.

Besides, Ventress and Kenobi have both Dodge Savage's blows.

Maybe you'd care to elaborate? You say that a lot.

I don't know exactly what your referring to, but I expect Savage was hit down hard.

I never said Fisto can't dodge him, he simply cannot run rings around him, and can react fast enough to defend himself. But Fisto can't dodge all Savage's blows, Ventress couldn't and Ventress is quite a lot faster than Fisto.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk Fisto has a lot more experience and i personally think jedi counselors have a slight edge in most fights due to combat focus and keeping a level head. it's for those reason that i think in a 1 on 1 Opress would be a bit more likely to make a fatal mistake sooner.

OK, people. My final decision comes down to one crucial point. It is likely that Fisto's skill and speed will allow him to wound Savage. So the topic for debate is: how effective will this be, and can Savage simply tough it out? This is where I need convincing.

OK, people. My final decision comes down to one crucial point. It is likely that Fisto's skill and speed will allow him to wound Savage. So the topic for debate is: how effective will this be, and can Savage simply tough it out? This is where I need convincing.

Probably not, he hasn't been exactly showing to tank lightsaber hits very well...though tanking lightsaber hits at all is a rather nice feat considering all the things that it can cut through. I'll try and get some of those feats, it's rather impressive of what a lightsaber is capable of.

Edit: Ok here is what a lightsaber can do!

Lightsaber best cutting feats are piercing the armor of fireworms (creatures that live their entire lives submerged in lava), slicing through neuranium (a substance so dense that with close inspection, subtle warps in space and time can be seen exuding from it), and slashing through capital ship hulls (which are durable enough to sustain hundreds of thousands to millions of tons on top of them, depending on the type of vessel).

Pretty neato.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well as I said, its unlikely we are going to see Fisto slash off an arm or a leg, more likely more minor grazes.

Anyway Savage's armor was actually blaster proof. I'm just remembering at the beginning of the Temple scene he actually gets shot full on and keeps charging.

And apparently blaster bolts can cut through durasteel, so I'd say that armor is pretty damn strong. Especially considering he's tanked dozens of shots all at once.

On the topic of Savage himself, he's recovered from a severed arm with little difficulty, remembering that such an injury knocked Anakin unconscious. Instead after suffering momentary pain he just got back up and you wouldn't even notice it if you couldn't see, he even managed to support his brother - oh and his leg was broken too.

Now if Savage actually gets his arm severed, he's going to be momentarily vulnerable. But don't think his survival instincts won't kick in and he won't lash out with the Force or just maul Fisto with his hands or horns or something.

So yes, I highly doubt a minor wound would even phase him, a major wound would but he can still keep fighting regardless. Which brings in the element of surprise, Fisto will expect these attacks to have greater effect, and when they don't Fisto will be caught off guard, defending against a swift counter attack when he didn't expect one.

And as they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. When in a rage Savage will be unstoppable.

Edited by Beniboybling

OK, folks, here's the final decision.

Right off the bat it becomes clear that this will primarily be a lightsaber duel. Through a combination of both skill and speed, Fisto holds the advantage here. Savage is strong and can hold his own in this area, but he isn't going to be able to get Fisto to fight him straight up in the way that he is used to.

However, what Savage lacks in skill, he makes up for in sheer physical ability. He holds the clear edge in this area. He is stronger and tougher than Fisto. But physical ability isn't always a determinate factor. An even more important factor is tactical ingenuity. In this area there is no contest. Fisto is an excellent tactician, whereas Savage is more concerned with simply battering his opponent and grinding them into the ground.

As Force users, Savage Opress has displayed greater power in the context of pitched combat between two Force users, whereas Fisto's greatest strength lies in the manipulation of water.

As previously mentioned, this will primarily be a lightsaber duel, with Force abilities being last ditch efforts or tools to off balance opponents in times of desperation. Kit Fisto is faster and more skilled than Savage. He holds the advantage in lightsaber combat, but the issue is that his fighting style is not energy efficient. He will expend a great deal of energy trying to penetrate Savage's defense.

Savage doesn't have the speed and skill that Fisto has, but he can hold out. It is unlikely that Savage would be able to take an offensive approach early on, so he must be able to defend himself. Unfortunately, faster opponents have been able to outmaneuver and attack him by taking advantage of his predictable fighting style. However, Savage has survived these engagements due to his physical fortitude. The likelihood that Fisto can take advantage of Savage's predictable fighting style is high, but the damage he inflicts would be minimal, as the window of attack is small.

It is a split decision. On the one hand, Savage can weather Fisto's attack and the minimal damage they could inflict, and then overwhelm Fisto when he tires. On the other hand, the attacks Fisto makes could be more debilitating, and he would eventually find a fatal mark.

In the end, it is unlikely that the damage Fisto will do can result in Savage's defeat. I am confident in saying that Savage Opress would win a confrontation, albeit with great difficulty. He will come out the victor severely wounded.

Conclusions and Thoughts:

This was no easy decision. The two combatants were fairly evenly matched. Savage's strength was met by Fisto's speed. It was a split decision that did not come easily. However, I am confident that Savage would win a battle between the two.

Hint for the next match

....../Sigh...

Aurbere, Savage isn't gonna be able to withstand hits from Kit all it would take is one fatel hit which Fisto is capable of. Strength is useless here for Savage with someone as quick as Fisto....who is gonna be able to land quick the many attack and find a fatel one to end him.

But alright...fine, he wins I guess.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

....../Sigh...

Aurbere, Savage isn't gonna be able to withstand hits from Kit all it would take is one fatel hit which Fisto is capable of. Strength is useless here for Savage with someone as quick as Fisto....who is gonna be able to land quick the many attack and find a fatel one to end him.

He has taken lightsaber hits before with no real detriment to his fighting ability (see The Sith Hunters).

He has taken lightsaber hits before with no real detriment to his fighting ability (see The Sith Hunters).

Were they hits that would be considered fatel though? Because he hasn't done well withstanding fatel lightsaber hits. All I could find in regards to that was this which doesn't seem much.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Were they hits that would be considered fatel though? Because he hasn't done well withstanding fatel lightsaber hits. All I could find in regards to that was this which doesn't seem much.

Those kinds of hits are likely going to be the only ones that will come into play. It is unlikely that Fisto so completely outclasses Savage in speed that he will be able to do more than that.

Those kinds of hits are likely going to be the only ones that will come into play. It is unlikely that Fisto so completely outclasses Savage in speed that he will be able to do more than that.

What has Savage done speed wise that he isn't outclassed? Even if he isn't, Kit is still the better duelist and could still gain a fatel blow, could even destroy his double bladed saber and follow up with one.

But ah, i'll just move on, it was already decided.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What has Savage done speed wise that he isn't outclassed? Even if he isn't, Kit is still the better duelist and could still gain a fatel blow, could even destroy his double bladed saber and follow up with one.

Held his own against, and defeated, speedy peeps.

But you are right, it's been decided. Like I said, it was a tough decision. Savage only won through sheer physical fortitude.

WHAAAAAT?

But, but, I had a really good loser's speech prepared for Savage!

It was going to start of with

to tug at your heart strings followed by a "don't worry Brother, there will be another time." Hinting at his imminent and devastating return in [REDACTED]!

GAWDS!

....../Sigh...

I'd just like to point out that all these points have been responded to and countered over the course of the debate by me and others. So in the end, its a matter of which argument was the most convincing.

P.S. Fatal means causing death, so a blow could not be considered fatal unless it caused death.