Game Update 1.7: Galactic Reputation

DarkForcePowers

Looks like the upcoming galactic reputation title feature is another grind for titles that can be bought with cartel coins. What is the purpose of in game achievements if everyone can just buy their way to the top with cash in the cartel shop?

Another meaningless grind for titles linked to yet another cartel shop cash grab?

What does everyone think about this?

Edited by DarkForcePowers

There´s also some social items that require reputation. That´s how i read it anyways. The reputaion thing is ok i guess, but it should have been implemented form the start. Some of us ave done the voss heroics on multiple chars and have zero rep to show for it.

Imo the reputation thing should have been in the expansion and only gained in new content. Going back to old content to grind rep isn´t the best idea ever. The rep gain should have been there when we actually did the content.

Looks like the upcoming galactic reputation title feature is another grind for titles that can be bought with cartel coins. What is the purpose of in game achievements if everyone can just buy their way to the top with cash in the cartel shop?

Another meaningless grind for titles linked to yet another cartel shop cash grab?

What does everyone think about this?

The cartel market is ONLY an option and not A requirement. No one said u had to spend money to advance your Character when you can do so by simple grinding. No problem here...next QQ thread.

Personally id prefer everything in the Shop to also be in game and available through play. I have a subscription, and id rather play the game i subscribe to to get those items than subscribe to a "store" and just buy everything. I play the game to play the game, to enjoy it, to do things within the world they created, NOT so i can simply log into fleet, click and buy an item and then log off.

For those who want that, have extra cash, dont have time, put things in the Shop.

But also put them in game for those people who want to play the game to get them.

IMO

Read the whole reputation system thing on the 1.7 update. My puzzlement is this:

What does this really add to the game?

Now, I read it and thought "Who cares, this isn't going to improve some game experience. It is just something to cause a grind. BW is just trying fast/easy way to cause obsessive people to - well, do what they do naturally"

So, am I an odd-ball out here? Would not be the first time, but does this really improve the game experience for someone ?

Some people genuinely enjoy grinding out reps with factions... I always enjoyed doing it... It gives neat sense of accomplishment once you have reached max level, plus they have already said by doing this you will have access to ccertain items that you may not have had access to before...

Here is what I dont understand about the community... I have seen so many posts about nothing to do after reaching 50, so new content is announced and coming soon, and people complain about the new stuff to do lol... I cannot believe all the threads of people complaining about the expansion "only" being one planet and "only" 5 levels... Seriously? It takes time to develop stuff...

There are some seriously legitimate complaints about this game I'm the first to agree, but sometimes I think members of the community complain just to complain...

Some people genuinely enjoy grinding out reps with factions... I always enjoyed doing it... It gives neat sense of accomplishment once you have reached max level, plus they have already said by doing this you will have access to ccertain items that you may not have had access to before...

Here is what I dont understand about the community... I have seen so many posts about nothing to do after reaching 50, so new content is announced and coming soon, and people complain about the new stuff to do lol... I cannot believe all the threads of people complaining about the expansion "only" being one planet and "only" 5 levels... Seriously? It takes time to develop stuff...

There are some seriously legitimate complaints about this game I'm the first to agree, but sometimes I think members of the community complain just to complain...

You might be onto something there!

Edited by CaptianFordo

Its slowly turning into a cross between WOW and GW2.. Problem is they do seem to be copying some of the lamer ideas.. Perhaps they are just easier to implement and tbf I dont really mind some of these distractions if the vendors have some useful stuff.

Bit confused why you think the titles could be simply bought in the cartel.. Surely it will work like the other cartel titles.. Your not buying titles - your buying the ability to show them as a ftplayer - something a sub doesnt need to do.

Edited by Ighten