Easy solution to skimpy gear equality

Ixum

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a professional Dancer class in SWG, from what people tell me, and people can ICly choose their profession. OOC class is an OOC restriction, people can be dancers ICly, have a thorough background, and still be liked.

Well they can. For sure. IC story backgrounds, to bad they all become the mary sue dancer/slave dancer when they do. *rolls eyes* Yes. I get it your slave is so powerful they really shouldn't be a slave. mhmmm. Yeah. Like I said, MMO RPing is grand! :p

The first one would be a reasonable set. The second one just no. Its bad enough that it is nothing but a banana hammock but yo make it worse by making it that sets actual mask piece that is an elongated beak type mask that would make it look like he's running around with a raging erection with nothing on at all. This is still technically a family game and not a "Leisure Suit Larry" game.

So we're not talking about Player Characters now? I thought this was about player characters. Take note of the storylines, where none of them are in the business of being professional dancers or even slaves.

Well we do actually have some planet side quests that incorporate NPC's as dancers. The Nautalin dancer side quest on Coruscant for example, Nick Delarue her husband sends you to find his wife Ria thinking she was sold to the exchange to work for them. So the stories are there.

Well we do actually have some planet side quests that incorporate NPC's as dancers. The Nautalin dancer side quest on Coruscant for example, Nick Delarue her husband sends you to find his wife Ria thinking she was sold to the exchange to work for them. So the stories are there.

Like I said, I thought we were talking about player characters. But also notice those dancers are dancers and not also powerful sith lords/darths, grand hunt champions...ect...ect...

The first one would be a reasonable set. The second one just no. Its bad enough that it is nothing but a banana hammock but yo make it worse by making it that sets actual mask piece that is an elongated beak type mask that would make it look like he's running around with a raging erection with nothing on at all. This is still technically a family game and not a "Leisure Suit Larry" game.

I thought the poster was going for a cod piece style option, which I believe they had in the family friendly DC comics.

Well they can. For sure. IC story backgrounds, to bad they all become the mary sue dancer/slave dancer when they do. *rolls eyes* Yes. I get it your slave is so powerful they really shouldn't be a slave. mhmmm. Yeah. Like I said, MMO RPing is grand! :p

Actually, I've noticed a significant drop in dancers overall. One of them I know was being harassed for multiple things and I almost never see her at the fleet anymore, much less dancing. Many other dancers have also been wearing either better clothes or dancing privately, I almost never see an actual Dancer anymore.

That's probably just me though.

Actually, I've noticed a significant drop in dancers overall. One of them I know was being harassed for multiple things and I almost never see her at the fleet anymore, much less dancing. Many other dancers have also been wearing either better clothes or dancing privately, I almost never see an actual Dancer anymore.

That's probably just me though.

Well, I havent been on fleet to much for over a week, so things could have changed in a short time. But, strictly from a RP standpoint, I always found it weird people would RP the dancer/slave and then get upset when others RPed with them as such.

I mean yes, rude is rude, but to take the IC rude comments OOC when you choose to RP such a concept left me going o.O

I thought the poster was going for a cod piece style option, which I believe they had in the family friendly DC comics.

If you look carefully at that "cod piece" you'll notice that it is the facial portion of the agent mask in the picture above. Now keeping that in mind, go look at a side profile shot of that same agent mask and what you have is the look of an erect fallical piece as the ONLY thing he is wearing. Given that I will vocally protest the addition of it on the grounds that this is still a family oriented game and adding that would be going TOO far.

Edit: Courtesy of dulfy.net I found a pic that shows the side profile of the head piece he used.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swtor-arkanian-armor-agent-empire.jpg

Edit 2: As for the renditions in the OP, the first 2 are ok and even as a straight male would even consider using on my own toons if I felt the look fit them. The third one though I would again argue is going a bit too far. It just doesn't seem to fit what's supposed to be a family friendly game.

Edited by Hyfy

In all honesty the super skimpy pic was meant as a joke. Anyway, another idea Ive had is it would be so much fun to wear companion outfits especially the more exotic ones like this

In all honesty the super skimpy pic was meant as a joke. Anyway, another idea Ive had is it would be so much fun to wear companion outfits especially the more exotic ones like this

I really have no idea where that would be leaning for me... Put it on a body type 3 and 4 for me?

• 10 months later...

Duran'del here:

How is Covert energy armor on a dude not "revealing enough"? He's literally standing there in his whitie-tighties.

And I found this out when I was a nooblet and used mod stations exclusively to mod my gear *face palm*

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

How is Covert energy armor on a dude not "revealing enough"? He's literally standing there in his whitie-tighties.

Shirtless is actually too skimpy for my liking. Also, it is kind of boring IMHO. I enjoy dressing up my characters, and no (visible) clothes at all isn't much fun, y'know? Besides, the default undies are a drab grey and do not color match. Sometimes, I like my characters (of both genders!) to show some skin . . . but I want them to look nice and like they are dressed, not like they are running around in their drab underwear. :p

That said, I am excited for the new sets! I'll definitely be getting the skimped Thana top to occasionally swap out with the regular one, and my red Twi'lek will look stunning in Jori's set.

Edited by Gwena

• 2 years later...
Skimpier male clothing is definately the least SWTOR can do. Objectifying women already, why not add some men mankinis? I don't really get why people are getting so butthurt about adding just some clothes, It's not really only for females that wants manly eyecandy, there's LGBT+ ... and I think it's positive with games that are LGBT+-friendly, because.. it's including. Why have MMORPGs that aren't including? It's what gets you customers, except thick-headed homophobes that can't see another naked man without starting to cry. Edited by Lindasaurus