2.4 Gunnery PVP video

wishihadaname

Hey all,

Here is a video of me showcasing some of the less obvious gunnery commando pvp tactics. I didn't describe everything in the video because I didn't want it to be all text but here are a few pointers as to what I was doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW2fZt-BKec

1) Sticky nade combo burst. If you can whittle a target to roughly 60% using grav rounds, you can then finish them almost instantly using a combination of sticky nade, grav round, demo round and bolt in that order. They hit all at once.

2) The demo round charge. This is a variant on the above where you first charge up your procs with grav round, then acivate hold the line, charge at your target while firing net, demo, and bolt and when you arrive stockstrike them. If they still aren't dead, cryo nade and full auto. This is a stronger but risker combo.

3) Tactical punts: no real rule here other then put the enemy where they don't want to be. Use stock strike root to stick them in place then line up the worst punt possible for them.

4) The punt charge: Also very situational, but if the enemy is bunched up on high ground, you can isolate one of them by charging into their ranks with hold the line and punting them all in different direction.

5) Don't give up: not a tactic but even if you're losing practice your kiting and defenses. Its from the worst situations that you learn the most. And seriusly, don't give up. Not the end of the world if you lose.

ps. before anyone asks, I use a rifle solely because I like the animations/models better than with cannons. Just a personal preference. You are not obliged to watch the video or stay in matches that i'm in. Though hint: if you think its the one commando using a rifle and topping the dps scoreboard that killing the team, I got bad news for you.

Edited by wishihadaname

You posted this in multiple places?

ROFL

Yep, and it looks like you've got problems with reading comprehension.

"You are not obliged to watch the video or stay in matches that i'm in."

Also, you seem to be making a logical error. You are running on the assumption that I care even remotely about what you have to say or your appraisal of me as a bad. I promise you I absolutely don't. I do well within my scope of gameplay, whether you like it or not doesn't change that fact. I'm just gonna save you about 30s worth of deuchery and answer the next 3-4 insults you're probably going to hurl at me.

1) I'm playing other bads

-I don't care

2) I am hampering my entire team

-No i'm leading it, and I still don't care.

3) I should get better because everyone in the world wants to play super serious ranked/be #1 pvper of all time.

-I play for fun, and I still don't care.

4) I'm going to ruin your matches

-I'm not on your server, and even if I was, can you guess whether I would care about that or not?

Edited by wishihadaname

Yep, and it looks like you've got problems with reading comprehension.

"You are not obliged to watch the video or stay in matches that i'm in."

Also, you seem to be making a logical error. You are running on the assumption that I care even remotely about what you have to say or your appraisal of me as a bad. I promise you I absolutely don't. I do well within my scope of gameplay, whether you like it or not doesn't change that fact. I'm just gonna save you about 30s worth of deuchery and answer the next 3-4 insults you're probably going to hurl at me.

1) I'm playing other bads

-I don't care

2) I am hampering my entire team

-No i'm leading it, and I still don't care.

3) I should get better because everyone in the world wants to play super serious ranked/be #1 pvper of all time.

-I play for fun, and I still don't care.

4) I'm going to ruin your matches

-I'm not on your server, and even if I was, can you guess whether I would care about that or not?

You care enough to respond rofl. And none of those 4 things are things I would have said.

1. you click

2. you use a rifle on a commando

3. you backpedal excessively

4. you hardly use kolto bomb

But you dont care, so carry on ;)

Alright, i'll admit I was expecting something along the lines of mindless mockery. I suppose I was wrong on my assumption as well. Couple of things though, the video wasn't meant to highlight how to play commando, it was just some clips from this weeks games that I put toghether while bored. I think you're taking it a bit too seriously.

1) I use kolto bomb quite frequently but it didn't make the cuts in the video because healing up between fights/after getting nicked isn't exciting gameplay matterial. I don't use it under fire because its a waste of a GCD.

2) Yes I use a rifle, that's been established. I do just fine with it. Moving on.

3) You're right, shouldn't backpedal. Was in one clip clip, but wasn't against a scoundrel later (which you skipped since watching a bads video is beneath you but commenting on both his threads to tell him he's a bad isn't.)

4) I don't just click, most of my utilities are keybound. I've tried playing with full keybinds but there are simply too many skills to bind them all and still be able to move the camera/your character. Additionally, you have to move you hands off of the movement keys in order to attach which makes reacting to melee slower. Its all give and take.

Edited by wishihadaname

Alright, i'll admit I was expecting something along the lines of mindless mockery. I suppose I was wrong on my assumption as well. Couple of things though, the video wasn't meant to highlight how to play commando, it was just some clips from this weeks games that I put toghether while bored. I think you're taking it a bit too seriously.

1) I use kolto bomb quite frequently but it didn't make the cuts in the video because healing up between fights/after getting nicked isn't exciting gameplay matterial. I don't use it under fire because its a waste of a GCD.

2) Yes I use a rifle, that's been established. I do just fine with it. Moving on.

3) You're right, shouldn't backpedal. Was in one clip clip, but wasn't against a scoundrel later (which you skipped since watching a bads video is above you but commenting on both his threads to tell him he's a bad isn't.)

4) I don't just click, most of my utilities are keybound. I've tried playing with full keybinds but there are simply too many skills to bind them all and still be able to move the camera/your character. Additionally, you have to move you hands off of the movement keys in order to attach which makes reacting to melee slower. Its all give and take.

1. LOL

2. LOL

3. any backpedaling is bad

4. any clicking is bad

It seems to be posted as some kind of showcase on how to play Gunnery. Which IMO it most certainly is not.

L2Read

"Its not any sort of how to guide nor do I claim to be the best commando since ever. Its just a fun video I put together from the best clips of this weeks matches. Enjoy."

Copied from the other thread where you went out of your way to prove how bad I am. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686684&highlight=2.4+gunnery

Is it too much to ask that you actually watch the whole video or at least read the description before deciding to be an *** about it? Who am I kidding, of course it is.

Edited by wishihadaname

You're right, you pay the same amount of money as the best PvPers to play this game how you want. But wouldn't you get more enjoyment by performing at a higher level thereby contributing even more so to your team? You can't expect to post a video in the class forums and not have it critiqued by people playing the same class. There are untold numbers of videos on keybinds specifically for SW on YouTube. Watch Zachariah's videos on YouTube to get a great look at positioning and setting up burst. There are a lot of great resources to help you up your game. Getting all butthurt is kind of hypocritical when you post a video of what not to do in the first place.