I Hate Pugs. Let My Companion into Operations.

DkSharktooth

I like this idea. Yes, I am in a guild. I run Ops only occasionally. It would be great, though, when someone drops, or when we're getting a group together, to be able to pull up a companion, rather than pulling in some random person to help.

Basically, I'm all for pretty much any idea that makes companions more useful.

What he said, companions in raids would turn every fight into nothing but a tank and spank fight, waste of time and resources for Bioware to do,,,

What are you all talking about? We're not asking to change any fights or any mechanics. We just want a simple ability to summon companions in ops, like in flashpoints. THAT IS IT.

I have no problems with this, but the rewards should reflect such a situation and be reduced.

I think after swapping stances from neutral to active every 3 seconds those people deserve to get full rewards if they pull it off.

Edited by Aelther

Disagree. The content is the content and rewards should be the same no matter how the content is completed.

By all means, use your companion, just don't come to the forums crying because you can't get past Operator IX , and demand they change the fight because you are unable to make your comp go to their color circle.

I seriously don't think the direction that raids are going, in terms of mechanics, is accommodating to using companions. TFB Operator IX has already been pointed out, but several of the bosses in S&V, even on storymode, require positioning that a click-to-passive/click-to-attack command can't accomplish (e.g. getting 'lost' in the desert on the first boss; Titan 6 burn phase; Firebug mob in Thrasher; and the credit panel in the Olok fight).

And in general, mobs and bosses in the newer raids either hit very hard or have all kinds of debuffs/additional mechanics that will likely blow through companion health, unless you actually spent time optimizing their gear.

So unless you're talking about letting companions into EV and KP (which require less coordination), then I really don't see how it's going to be viable. And let's be honest, here - if you're running EV/KP and can't get an 8th/16th, underman it like the true, non-pugging elitists we all know Mr. Rogers thought we could be.

What will you LOSE if some people do ops with companions?

You want real people do it with them, we want bots, we'll do it with them.

It's funny that you can't see the slipperly slope.

Sure, it all begins with "oh it's not a problem if I'm allowed to, even if I wipe."

Ok, but what about that group of 4 that doesn't want to expand? They can surely see the content for themselves with their four companions. More of these groups pop up. The groups of these people grow large enough where they demand nerfs so they can "see the content."

Filling raid spots isn't difficult and it's not worth what it could become down the road.

It's funny that you can't see the slipperly slope.

Sure, it all begins with "oh it's not a problem if I'm allowed to, even if I wipe."

Exactly. If you do something, do it right. Changing companions to usable in ops follows with requiring their viability in ops. "We can do bosses A and B with companions but boss C is just not doable without players, change that! What good is ability to bring companions when we can't finish ops with the!"

This also leads to increasing their role, and, in case you didn't notice, this is exactly opposite direction BW is taking right now(by removing companions from world pvp areas). This way it doesn't matter if one companion is slightly better or worse than his counterpart from other class. Balance issues, inteligence fixes, all those wasted resources because some people can't stand to play with others.

Also, people are clearly forgetting that this is MMO. Meaning, game you play with other people. There is solo content, and there is group content. Just like you're not supposed to solo/duo world bosses, you're not supposed to run flashpoint from GF with 3 people, and you're not supposed to run ops with less that 8 people. Yes, this is way of forcing you to look for randoms and take them in when you can't form full group on your own, just another challenge of running ops.

And don't get me started on "I need this for my companion, I'm using it in OPS sometimes" argument.

I can see why they aren't allowed, due to positioning requirements and mechanics that might be too much for them. But, I can also see how it could be very useful to have a Companion quickly fill in for someone that DC'd, or had to leave unexpectedly. IMHO it would be ok if they allowed Companions in Operations if they restricted it to only one Companion in a group. That way they could be useful as a substitute in a pinch, but people couldn't rely on them too much.

I can see why they aren't allowed, due to positioning requirements and mechanics that might be too much for them. But, I can also see how it could be very useful to have a Companion quickly fill in for someone that DC'd, or had to leave unexpectedly. IMHO it would be ok if they allowed Companions in Operations if they restricted it to only one Companion in a group. That way they could be useful as a substitute in a pinch, but people couldn't rely on them too much.

Agreed mostly. What'd you expect your companions to do on, for example, The Infernal Council, Soa, Fabricator, Minefield, Operator IX,? Tanks and mdps will stick to boss no matter what surrounds him and probly die in 1-2seconds, healers will stand at one place and throw attacks to boss even if raid is below 60% hp. Can't imagine what'll be with rdps.

Anyway, we're all pugs to each other, you're pug to me, I'm pug to you, but that doesn't mean that any of us is n00b.