View Single Post

Suzina
06.13.2012 , 07:32 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by rNColonel View Post
MY guild has ran HM EV/KP and did Nightmare Mode EV, we were in all rakata when we went into Storymode denova and we had a huge difficulty killing the first boss and last boss.. From what i believe SM Denova is alot harder then Nightmare mode EV. first boss puts out so much damage you gotta get the mechanic down to help your healers out. exspecially melee dps tank a ton of damage if you have them on toth. Last boss/Kephess. is a pain with all the aoe damage going around. i dont know how we did it but our guild killed the walker in 2 shots which screwed us up in the end cause we had another phase before kephess came down. so yah everthing comes around mechanics and knowing what to do to keep your healers happy
I think this is really accurate. Nightmare EV is definitely easier than story EC. If you killed the walker in only 2 vulnerable phases, you have a ton of DPS. Not every team in Rakata can do that, so that's impressive.

Additionally, I would agree the first boss is extra hard with a lot of melee. It's a very unforgiving fight for groups that use 3 or even 4 melee for their DPS. As much as I would prefer things be balanced, the more ranged you bring the easier that fight will be.

In general, there is very little warning when you are about to take massive amounts of damage in EC. For example: check out this video at 45 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WKCCDhgyDo. Kephess uses his Savage Arching Slash and hits most of the operation group for 27k damage.

There's no sound warning from the boss that he's about to 1-shot people, there's no graphic indicating the range of the maneuver and no cast-bar to interrupt. In EC, one-shots just happen until you've run the fights enough or watched others run them enough to memorize and anticipate everything.
Member of Bane Fleet