Beginner MMO?

October

I've been subscribed to this game since launch and I've just now got my first level 50 character.

I want to enjoy it more and definitely play it more often but I feel like I just don't understand half the things going on in it, like how to craft and crew skills and armoring and skill charts and definitely PVP, etc.

So, yeah, are there any good newbie-friendly MMOs out there that could walk me through that stuff and help me learn it properly?

Eh, should I've posted this in New Player Help forum?

Edited by October

I've been subscribed to this game since launch and I've just now got my first level 50 character.

I want to enjoy it more and definitely play it more often but I feel like I just don't understand half the things going on in it, like how to craft and crew skills and armoring and skill charts and definitely PVP, etc.

So, yeah, are there any good newbie-friendly MMOs out there that could walk me through that stuff and help me learn it properly?

Don't think you need a new MMO for that, just ask questions in the right forums. Not sure what exactly has you confused and I admit there seems to be some contradicting info in the class forums on some things.

Don't think you need a new MMO for that, just ask questions in the right forums. Not sure what exactly has you confused and I admit there seems to be some contradicting info in the class forums on some things.

Just... the gameplay lol. I mean I've gone through the tutorials that the game offers, as well as some user created tuts, but both have still left me confused.

I think I'm going to try WoW...

The best thing you can do is to try stuff, trial and error. Don't be afraid to not succeed at something.

Secondly find a guild that is 'new player' friendly. A guild that doesn't mind answering questions.

As has been said, I do not know how changing to WoW or another mmo will help with this one. While mostly the same they do still have their differences with different aspects of the game, like terminology. If you went to WoW and learnt some of the terminology there and came back here you'd find the principals may fit but the terminology most likely wont and could cause more confusion.

Good luck

Going to WoW won't really help you play this game any more than just continuing to play this game (less, actually) although combat is very, very similar. I think SWTOR is about as easy and beginner of an MMO as you can get.

Experimentation is the best teacher, particularly when SW:TOR is one of the most user-friendly MMOs around (technical optimization aside). I'll spare you the "back in my day" diatribe, but suffice it to say, it's very easy, risk free and not time-intensive at all to experiment with crafting in this MMO

My first MMO was world of warcraft, then I tried some RIFT, couldn't get myself into it, I bought TERA, and I kept getting carpel tunnel with how advanced the combat is, lol. I got Swtor because I felt it was in my life longer than the others. I had Kotor before any others were out.

I would honestly admit trying a few MMO's to really get your barings for the MMO style. I found Swtors content to be smoother and less panda to my liking. the UI is amazing on how to adjust it etc. and you won't see that in other MMO's.

This was my first MMO as well, and I got total control of it within a week or two. It's really simple, open the codex in game you have everything you need about crafting there. Or just google specific things, and as someone suggested, join a guild and ask people questions.

Playing WoW will be a giant leap backwards. That kiddie poo will turn your brain into goo

Don't be stupid man, this IS a beginner MMO. I was a beginner with close to no experience with MMO when I started. What happened? I didn't craft a single thing before I finished my class story and was lvl 50. I started to change mods around lvl 30, before I just sold the whole thing and bought new, which I regret until now. I could go on like that... And guess what, it is no problem at all. You don't need to understand all in this game right from the beginning. There's no need for that and I would not recommend to try to do that. Let things come to you naturally.

Just... the gameplay lol. I mean I've gone through the tutorials that the game offers, as well as some user created tuts, but both have still left me confused.

I think I'm going to try WoW...

If this game leaves you confused, you don't need to be playing MMOs. They just, apparently aren't for you.

more newbie friendly than swtor ? try eve online that's a true beginner mmo !

lol Icould not agrre more. When I played eve I did these steps:

1. Launch Ship

2. Travel to asteroids

3. Mine asteroids

4. Return to Space Station

5. Sell ore

6. Repeat steps 1-5

But back to the topic on hand. Like everyone else is saying best thing is trial and error. When it comes to crafting you have to think of if you really want to craft stuff or make money from gathering materials and selling them on the gtn. If you want to craft stuff then you need to get the gathering skills and mission skills that give you the crafting supplies to do so. Take Artifice which is the ability to craft Hilts, Crystals, Lightsabers, etc. You will need Archeology (Gathering Skill) and Tresure Hunting (Mission Skill) to get mats you need to craft what you know. The level of the item depends on the mats you need.

All in all it is trial and error ask, learn, grow. Test stuff out and see what happens. Don't be afraid to get owned by a mob or two. We have all been there.

At the risk of feeding a troll....

READ.YOUR.CODEX

If you've been playing since launch and you don't know how to craft or harvest, then I don't know what else to tell you, other than maybe try Solitaire.

lol Icould not agrre more. When I played eve I did these steps:

1. Launch Ship

2. Travel to asteroids

3. Mine asteroids

4. Return to Space Station

5. Sell ore

6. Repeat steps 1-5

But back to the topic on hand. Like everyone else is saying best thing is trial and error. When it comes to crafting you have to think of if you really want to craft stuff or make money from gathering materials and selling them on the gtn. If you want to craft stuff then you need to get the gathering skills and mission skills that give you the crafting supplies to do so. Take Artifice which is the ability to craft Hilts, Crystals, Lightsabers, etc. You will need Archeology (Gathering Skill) and Tresure Hunting (Mission Skill) to get mats you need to craft what you know. The level of the item depends on the mats you need.

All in all it is trial and error ask, learn, grow. Test stuff out and see what happens. Don't be afraid to get owned by a mob or two. We have all been there.

If that was what you did in EvE, then you sir, have only played 0.1% of this game. Really.

That game is the most complex game on the market today.

There are several hundreds of things you can do in that game, and it will take years to learn it all.

That is definitly one of the most hardcore games out there.

Try and look at this, and you will see how you really missed out on a great game!

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Edit: Really i think, EvE was way to complex for you, you simply did not understand the game.

Back to topic.

Swtor, no offence is really *THE* beginner game.

Alot of players in swtor, has never tried playing MMO's before, and are only here because

they like star wars, its as simply as that.

Everything you need to know is described in the codexs or on forums, and in several guides.

But if you need any help with anything at all, ill be happy to answer every question you got.

You can join our new player friendly guild aswell.

Contact me in game, if you like :)

> Acherôn < Just copy paste my name ^^

Edited by Wisems