Voss: The Mirr Mission

Zoric

I'm doing the Voss Bonus Series as my Jedi Guardian right now, and this mission puts a bad taste in my mouth. This thread does contain spoilers. So stop reading now if you haven't gotten to this point yet. Basically, I don't think destroying the Mirr should be a Light Side choice. This makes the Jedi out to be incredibly dishonest. If the Republic wants diplomatic relations with the Voss, then they shouldn't go behind their back like this. In my opinion, the right thing (or Light Side) thing to do should be to recover the artifact for the Voss...Dark Side tainted or not. I'm trying to create a picture perfect Jedi so I probably will destroy the artifact, but I'm going to hate every second of it. i just don't like it because it is in my experience that it's the Sith that go around stabbing people in the back...not the Jedi. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that feels this way.

ive played all the stories and yes dark side and light side options seem to be reverse in some instances. But i chalk it up to my own opinion of what each side stands for and as far as your specific mission, giving the voss a dark side item would be a bad idea as the jedi would take dark knowledge for themselves to learn from it and never give it to a possible enemy so I agree the light side option is correctly set. Edited by itsmymillertime

I think it depends on whether you want your heroes to be storybook-fairytale unrealistic, or realistic.

The inflexibility, shortsightedness and arrogance of the Jedi in terms of how they viewed themselves and in their interactions with others is what doomed them , over and over again, through the movies, the games, and the books. Being scrupulously honest is not always the best policy.

In the long run, anything associated with the Dark Side is not a net positive. In the long run, anything aiding the Sith Empire aids the Emperor, who we all know by know is completely batcrap insane. On those merits alone, deception is the lesser of two evils.

To both of you, I appreciate the thoughtfulness you put into your answers. You're right in saying that giving the Voss a Dark Side artifact would be a bad idea, but at the same time, it is on their planet, and hence shouldn't be the Jedi's call whether to destroy it or not. I also agree that the inflexibility, arrogance, and shortsightedness of the Jedi is what eventually doomed them, but this seems to be a prime example of Jedi arrogance: Taking it upon themselves to destroy a Dark Side item that doesn't belong to them. One of the things I really disliked about the Old Jedi Order is the consistent fear (yes fear) they had towards the unknown, and almost anything about the Force that was unknown to them was instantly labelled as a possible conduit of the Dark Side whether it may be or not. I guess this is what I like about the New Jedi Order Luke started in which he is a lot more flexible. Yes, he may have had many students turn to the Dark Side, but at least Luke gave them a choice.

I'm doing the Voss Bonus Series as my Jedi Guardian right now, and this mission puts a bad taste in my mouth. This thread does contain spoilers. So stop reading now if you haven't gotten to this point yet. Basically, I don't think destroying the Mirr should be a Light Side choice. This makes the Jedi out to be incredibly dishonest. If the Republic wants diplomatic relations with the Voss, then they shouldn't go behind their back like this. In my opinion, the right thing (or Light Side) thing to do should be to recover the artifact for the Voss...Dark Side tainted or not. I'm trying to create a picture perfect Jedi so I probably will destroy the artifact, but I'm going to hate every second of it. i just don't like it because it is in my experience that it's the Sith that go around stabbing people in the back...not the Jedi. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that feels this way.

You do understand that light side, dark side doesn't follow all the conventions of right and wrong. I can't remember who said it, might be in the Consular's storyline, but they basically said peace was their mission, and they were not interested in peace came by enslavement or not.

You're right Alavastre. This is likely why I never considered myself primarily light or dark. Both sides have their merits and shortcomings. I've always considered myself closer to Light than Dark, but not in this case. Peace by enslavement is not peace.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses though. I understand it's just a game, but this is fun to think about.