Will it really be that crowded tomorrow?

DPCummerbund

I expect to see a huge influx of old players that have been gone but regarding new players, not so much...

This.

Also they will go away again when notice the game is in the same state as February 2012 (maybe worse if we talk about PVP) and leave again in 15-30 days.

We will see queues? Maybe , my bet is first week 35% of returned players 10% new tryers.

will we see new long term players?... with this deluxe trial...No.

Two things you seem to overlook:

1. Servers are still live and kicking

2. New content is still being released with hints of other stuff in the works (Makeb, SSSP, Ilum re-work)

I'll lose hope if either 1 is no longer valid, or 2 fades away beyond what I wish to pay for.

No one on my friends list is EVER online anymore.

I dont think Ive logged in a single time since 1.1 where there appeared to be more than 500 people on the bastion.

I would say the game is dying. A slow trickle of players getting bored with the things I mentioned.

I dont see anything in the ftp model that will change that.

Ive been playing since closed beta, and I love the game. I used to be an ardent defender like some around the forums here. I just cannot get behind the current state of the game.

Ya they are talking about releasing new content. The TALK is what we get the most of around here.

Without fail they stretch the content releases to the last second, when we are on the verge of unsubbing.

Every time my guild gets full BIS we quit the game. What is there to addict us? There is nothing to compel us to stick around.

Weve returned everytime something new has come out, but this go round, I think most of us failed to see a reason to do so.

Dont get me wrong, I want the game to live, and succeed. I simply do not see anything on the horizon to make it any better than it currently is.

Based on MMORG posts, I see many people who stopped to play coming back mostly to finish their class quest. So yes, I expect more players... we need more content though or at least some big nic announcement of incoming ... soon... big expansion.

This would bring the big crowd...

PS. Of course plenty haters on MMORPG still swear that they will never touch the game again :)

Edited by Evensong

No one on my friends list is EVER online anymore.

I dont think Ive logged in a single time since 1.1 where there appeared to be more than 500 people on the bastion.

I would say the game is dying. A slow trickle of players getting bored with the things I mentioned.

I dont see anything in the ftp model that will change that.

Ive been playing since closed beta, and I love the game. I used to be an ardent defender like some around the forums here. I just cannot get behind the current state of the game.

Ya they are talking about releasing new content. The TALK is what we get the most of around here.

Without fail they stretch the content releases to the last second, when we are on the verge of unsubbing.

Every time my guild gets full BIS we quit the game. What is there to addict us? There is nothing to compel us to stick around.

Weve returned everytime something new has come out, but this go round, I think most of us failed to see a reason to do so.

Dont get me wrong, I want the game to live, and succeed. I simply do not see anything on the horizon to make it any better than it currently is.

It sounds very much like your just burning through the new content after every patch and then join the group that cries "the end is near" as population drops before the next big patch. This cycle has been around for nearly a decade now across all MMO's. It not like any of this is new or even different in any way.

Every patch simply further progresses the game, the rate at which content is released will most likely not improve going forward so try not to get your hopes up if that's what you are looking for.

I expect to see a huge influx of old players that have been gone but regarding new players, not so much...

You know, many old players already resubbed for CC, so it's not like they all are going to suddenly come back, many already did(for some time). And even new players won't all drop on us tomorrow. It's F2P, it won't go back to being paid game, they have time, if not tomorrow then next day, next week, next month. Many people that really couldn't wait for F2P decided to buy game and are playing with us already. There might be new wayve of people that are strongly oposed to paying, but I doubt it's going to be that huge.

There will be a huge rush when it opens. Then in-game chat will be full of "OMG this needs to be like wow...wow does it this way so every other MMO in the universe should to!......its to hard, it should be easy like wow!" etc for weeks like it was at launch...

Then it will calm down again.

Edited by NasherUK

There will be a huge rush when it opens. Then in-game chat will be full of "OMG this needs to be like wow...wow does it this way so every other MMO in the universe should to!......its to hard, it should be easy like wow!" etc for weeks like it was at launch...

Then it will calm down again.

Don't count on it. There are far more WoW haters than lovers out there. WoW bashing is a sport on other games with F2P.

If only developers could figure that out...

It sounds very much like your just burning through the new content after every patch and then join the group that cries "the end is near" as population drops before the next big patch. This cycle has been around for nearly a decade now across all MMO's. It not like any of this is new or even different in any way.

Every patch simply further progresses the game, the rate at which content is released will most likely not improve going forward so try not to get your hopes up if that's what you are looking for.

The end is not near..

The end is HERE.

There is no critical mass, This game is as much of a ghost town as any unpopular mmo out there.

If you are one of the folks who thinks the new billing model is going to bring about some huge resurgence in playerbase, you have another thing coming.

Nothing can stabilize this game outside of content that is not raids, warzones, or leveling. Something has to be done, and that stuff aint it.

There are a two things people arent seeming to get about the model EA is going with here.

1. It will not be F2P, it will be buy to play with a freemium billing model. There is still the matter of a 15 dollar box cost that will keep most of the f2p crowd out of the game.

2. The free model is only there to get people who already played the game to return. Remember the quote by John Riccitiello that basically said the number one reason people left was due to the subscription costs.

The bottom line here is we wont see a resurgence in the population until EA developes and releases compelling content.

As it sits, I only stay subbed so my 7 year old son can play his way through the story on his guardian.

There is NOTHING compellin g about the endgame, the pve is too easy, and teh pvp is too repetitive.

No mini games, no world pvp, no compelling space experience....

The game isnt meant to be played like an mmo, and they have said as much. They expect people to play through the class stories they are interested in, buy crap from the item shop while leveling, muck around in endgame for a while, and stop playing.

Damion Schubert

"We have not focused on making our content replayable. We have taken a lot of heroic quests -- particularly the group quests -- and made all those replayable. What we have spent the most time on since launch is beefing up the legacy system, which is designed to get you to play the other really good content. We will probably continue beefing that up because it's our best stuff."

I dont see too much excitement in Swtors future honestly.

EA has pretty much chalked this one up as a fail, let go most of the staff, and given up on marketing.

The cash shop is pretty much there to milk what little money that can be milked from us until be get bored.

Have to agree with him. Learn to read between the lines.

Looks like they are only going to do fp's and op's from here on out with emphases on "legacy" .

Yeah..i wish this game works out..we'll see.

As for servers being healthy..go to the Apac server, roll a toon and tell me how they are before you throw that out there.

Kinda wondering about this.

I mean the game is dirt-cheap by now, some stores had CEs for less than 20$ and the regular game is currently 10.65$ on Amazon. I mean that is less than a cinema ticket plus snacks.

So considering the low entry fee I think that most people who want to try the game already did so.

The end is not near..

The end is HERE.

There is no critical mass, This game is as much of a ghost town as any unpopular mmo out there.

If you are one of the folks who thinks the new billing model is going to bring about some huge resurgence in playerbase, you have another thing coming.

Nothing can stabilize this game outside of content that is not raids, warzones, or leveling. Something has to be done, and that stuff aint it.

Why are you still here?

my nemesis,,the content locust

new missions doesnt save a game,,the way theyre presented does that

most players will do the most braindead missions, if theyre made in a entertaining way

ive collected pretty much anything in mmos,,,from bears butts, to plasma samples,,thats what a mmo players does

i wouldnt do that, if i didnt have fun , while doing it,,ot get a good reward for it at the end

Why are you still here?

I was wondering the same thing. Looking at your post history you seem to have an obsessive hatred of this game that I guess stems from you thinking it caused SWG to close down. Why have you been subbed for almost a year when it seems like you hate this game more than anything?