Bounty hunters AKA Mercenary Nerf

Wildscar

So, a heavy armor class with self heals is now defenseless if their faceroll skill is interrupted?
heavy armor with heals i can't deny you that we don't have either. Though I ask you do you realize how much heavy armor negates not as much as you think and if you think that heavy armor gives more HP wrong again its the mods in the armor that do that , so light and medium can have just as much HP.

As for the heals they are easily interrupted so use the tools that you have in your toolbox. Now look in the Mercs toolbox all we have is a hammer for screwing screws, and unbolting nuts.

Sure go ahead and nerf our 1 tool but have the decency to give us a kiss with that reach around.

LOL I love the replies from people that think it isn't faceroll. It is absolutely faceroll, and every trooper/bh here knows it. Hell I know it because I play it.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8940/screenshot2011122717273.jpg

My main is a merc, and yes I tend to do pretty well in WZs. However I have a few alts of different classes and while I'm not 50 with either of those yet, I've done pretty well with most of them too. Hell I did over 200k damage in one of my first WZs as a lvl 18 juggernaught. I've yet to see any proof that mercs do ridicolously more damage than any other class.

People can talk about arsenal being too easy to play as much as they want, but unless they've played it themselves and experienced how incredibly immobile you are and the extreme lack of escapability they don't really know what they're talking about. I won't say for sure, but I'd be surprised if there's any other spec that's as easy to shut down as a merc.

Oh look a BH merc standing way over there shooting me. Yep he is still shooting me and I have done nothing to make him stop. Damn I died! *** NERF BHs!

Depending on the class you play you have many ways to mitigate/avoid the damage. As a combat medic I am often in the sights of a tracer missle BH...it's amazing what happens when I put an obstacle between myself and them. I stop taking damage. This whining is akin to someone complaining that a Jedi is hitting them with a lightsaber. It's not fair they keep whacking me with their glow sticks! Nerf Jedi!

That is how it should read right there. I will admit they are op because I played one. Most anyone will. That said nerfing them is NOT the answer. That is what another company has done, and instead BW should look at bringing other classes that are falling behind up to the same standard. Nerfing is NOT the answer.

Say that to all the OPs and scoundrels that are being gutted next patch. Merc and teir counterpart are next then that rediculous tank bubble. And by tank i mean those sorcs that blockk 100% damage and walk through fire with a bubble.

Interrupt doesnt help you in that lagfest people call warzones and I'd trade mobility for wtfpwn button any day.

If you think thats what mercs/commandos got, roll one and find out. Theres no mobility at all andno interrupt which hurts us in both PVP and PVE. Grav/tracer is the main setup for the rotation of arsenal/gunnery, its going to get used alot. If your getting owned by long range DPS AFTER you let them build stacks, id say working as intended. Not to mention they have no escape ability at all, so once your on one hes dead.

Commandos and Mercs are DPS classes and they do it just fine. Stop all the whining and learn to counter it instead of getting on here crying about every class that gives you trouble.

Edited by dirtyboxer

I would like to know why the designers felt the need to give them an iwin button aka tracer missile. It does way to much damage and takes no skill what so ever to play that class. I have full pvp gear and still get hit for over 4k from these attacks. This is ridiculous and some serious pvp balancing needs to come into play. I don't even want to get into the pvp lag on servers and the fact that you can be stunned endlessly without any diminishing returns it seems. The devs really need to step there game up in balancing.

If you want to talk about balancing how about taking away sentinel/marauder's ridiculous defensive abilities that not even it's tanking counter part has?

How about sage/inquisitor's numerous "get out of jail" abilities such as their ridiculous bubble that soaks up a large amount of damage, their force speed that gets them a quick exit out of losing fights, their instant stealth in the middle of fights and stealth camping points, all their CC and knockbacks? There's your balancing.

Tracer missile and gravity round is no different than a sniper hanging out in the back taking shots at people. If you just let him do whatever, he's gonna do whatever to your face. All it takes is one person to interrupt him, and it's game over. It can't be an iwin button if it's SO easy to counter.

Yet another thread about mercs... Dont worry they'll be nerfed (and I hope redesigned a bit), ops caught a nerfbat so will mercs, its inevitable.

p.s. all those people who blabber about interrupt do know that they have 2 instant cast hard hitting abilities and unload which CD is resetted by tracer, to use when interrupted but they dont point it out when they talk about interrupts because they love izi modo.

p.p.s. good job dirtyboxer, repliing to 3 week old message.

Edited by Vesperr

Smugglers/IA can pick arsenal apart in seconds.

Tanks of all classes can outlast us.

Sorcerers can outrun us.

Sorry but if you die to a Merc using tracer missle its cause you think your billy bad*** and you CHOSE to fight him head on. You deserve your loss. Someone else said it, we have no interupts, 1 CC and ZERO mobility. Learn you own damn class first and quit QQing about a class you could run circles around if you stopped facerolling all over your keyboard and thought about how to beat them.

Smugglers/IA can pick arsenal apart in seconds.

Thanks Captain! Now I'm certain that scounders/operatives are stunlock monsters.

Tanks of all classes can outlast us.

Thats a good one, considering that tanks mitigate minimum damage from your attacks

Sorcerers can outrun us.

Even mighty sorcs fear you so much that they have to run from you.

Good jokes mate, continue leveling you merc please.

Yet another thread about mercs... Dont worry they'll be nerfed (and I hope redesigned a bit), ops caught a nerfbat so will mercs, its inevitable.

p.s. all those people who blabber about interrupt do know that they have 2 instant cast hard hitting abilities and unload which CD is resetted by tracer, to use when interrupted but they dont point it out when they talk about interrupts because they love izi modo.

p.p.s. good job dirtyboxer, repliing to 3 week old message.

We have no interrupt, no mobility, and no escapes. Not only that but you would have us with no DPS as well. Quit your crying in every single commando/merc thread. They are working as intended.

BTW this thread wasnt 3 weeks old.

We have no interrupt, no mobility, and no escapes. Not only that but you would have us with no DPS as well. Quit your crying in every single commando/merc thread. They are working as intended.

You look like the one crying. Mercs are supposed to do damage but not with one magical IWIN button that requires absolutely zero skill to be effective. Dont tell me you dont want mercs to be something more than 1 button class.

p.s. Pyrotechs have even less, 4m interrupt, one 45sec gap closer (great for melee, right), rely on procs, can be kited easily, almost no range etc etc, yet notice that no one is complaining about them, no one.

Edited by Vesperr

• 2 years later...

I just wanted to put my frustrations down for someone to see. I went from getting a few kills per match to barely scratching at anyones health in warzones. Most of these utility points are useless unless your a healer, the only one that helps with any damage is for an ability so weak that I forgot I had it. 25% for Sweeping Blasters is a *********** joke. Death from Above woulda been a better ability for that. I used to think we were more burst-of-damage, then run. Now its like "no damage, die".

Its beyond frustrating. This used to be my main character, now I can barely fight NPCs that are 5 levels lower. :'(

I just wanted to put my frustrations down for someone to see. I went from getting a few kills per match to barely scratching at anyones health in warzones. Most of these utility points are useless unless your a healer, the only one that helps with any damage is for an ability so weak that I forgot I had it. 25% for Sweeping Blasters is a *********** joke. Death from Above woulda been a better ability for that. I used to think we were more burst-of-damage, then run. Now its like "no damage, die".

Its beyond frustrating. This used to be my main character, now I can barely fight NPCs that are 5 levels lower. :'(

HOLY NECRO.... Let the dead to sleep kid.