Just started a bounty hunter?

Master_Hitsugaya

Ok I got my bounty hunter outfitted in despot armor(bracers and belt) and a black nebula blaster and plan on jus modding them to 50 but I am also looking for advice.

1 merc vs power tech? Which is the best ranged dps

2 what tree of merc or power tech should I go down for dps

3 what. Is a good skill setup?

Merc is better ranged DPS, Arsenal is best DPS tree, and I'm not too sure since I've barely played my Merc past 30.

That is the specilization and tree I was thinking about chosing but was not sure I keep hearing people say merc is bad that it can't beat anything?

Edited by Master_Hitsugaya

Only focus on PT if you're going to play a lot of PVP. If you don't really care about that, Merc is great.

PTs *do* have some ranged attacks - basically, any attack that Bounty Hunters get that has a range of 30 will stay at a range of 30 for Powertechs. Unload, Explosive Dart, Rail Shot, Rapid Shots, and Death From Above will all stay at a 30 meter range. That said, most of a Powertech's DPS requires 4-10 meters max.

Mercs are FANTASTIC for PVE DPS. I can regularly out-DPS equally geared Marauders and Snipers (and for crying out loud people stop telling me they must be doing something wrong, that's just annoying).

Not really.

Not really to which part? They're not fantastic, or I'm not out-DPSing Snipers and Marauders? Because both are actually true.

Are they the top? No. But they're easily top 3, and when played right can (as I've seen) out-DPS Snipers and Marauders *without* the aggro problems a PT doing equivalent DPS will have.