can not find "REF GUILDS"

Avalean

Cannot find a simple direct listing of guilds, everything is all convoluted, jumbled and mixed up in the forums. Why not have one forum broken into three sections North American, European, and Asia Pacific. In each of these sections is broken into the individual servers. Each active guild could then post defined information such as an example:

European Servers

The Red Eclipse Server PVE

Empire Guilds

Republic Guilds

So an individual seeking a guild could go to the ACTIVE GUILDS section

And select region:

North American

European

Asia Pacific

Say select European

And see the list of servers for Europe:

The red Eclipse

Tomb of Freedon Nadd

T3-M4

Jar’Kai Sword

Vanjervalis Chain

Darth Nihilus

Battle Meditation

Mantel of the Force

They would then select their server and see:

Empire

Republic

Selecting their faction brings them to the guilds posted info for that specific server and faction side.

In the same way a guild leader could post their guild info in basic format in a preset section making it easier for others to find.

Guild leader goes to Server section

EUROPEAN

Then goes to Server

The Red Eclipse

Then to faction

EMPIRE

Then Post info

TITLE : Galactic Inter-Trade Slavers "GITS" (TS3 Client required, Dual Sided, Multi game guild)

MESSAGE POSTED:

GITS has been active on several MMO and Beta testing fronts for many years. Currently focused on SWTOR as main venue with calendared events for Mec Warrior Online, and World of Tanks as well each week.

We are a multi gaming, Social, Leveling, Interactive, International Group with a full monthly calendar of Planned activities, and Events in SWTR and elsewhere. Affiliated with JAWAs on Republic side as well.

Primary Language used: English

Requirements: TS3 client, headset with microphone for voice communications is needed

Forum for calendar events, guild rules, and other info at: http://WWW.gits.yuku.com

Contacts via whisper in Game or in-game mail: Avalean, Suemunlee, Corzra, or Deathsgift

And that is it, no message replies allowed, no in forum postings or discussions to keep it uncluttered crisp and formulized, if people want to join the guild in question, they go to the server, then into game and look for listed guild leaders to whisper too or mail them in game for questions or invites. Simple as that and would not clog up the forum, would keep everything easy to find for the members, and allow in game contact easier as well.

This would be a great help to all guilds, assist new players in finding others of like mind also. So keeping them hopefully coming back and perhaps move from free to play to monthly subscription play and eliminate tons of random postings all over the place which usually pushes new prospects away from a game instead of making them feel comfortable and wanting to stay in a community.

To post in the section you would simply need basic info each section could as well be set to limits by moderators if desired to keep everything to a minimum aspect. I can not see this as being a big problem and am nit sure why it has not already been done. OR perhaps I am simply not finding it via the search engine provided properly. If such is already in use then perhaps it needs to be made more visible so easier to see, notice, and reach by new participants on the forum.

Avalean

Edited by Avalean

yep been there and exactly what I was saying, it is all bunched up unorganized and hard to locate. Multiple postings of different questions, various nonrelated discussions and you would have to read each and every posting to see what guild is on which region and server IF they even think of posting that info.

New players are not going to spend that kind of time and effort. This is a "Give it to me now" society.

Information needs to be streamlined, organized, structured and easy to locate read and act upon.

Umm did you even read the posting in full or just skim over it maybe?

But your posting is a good indicator and example of exactly what I was talking about thanks for that.

Avalean

yep been there and exactly what I was saying, it is all bunched up unorganized and hard to locate. Multiple postings of different questions, various nonrelated discussions and you would have to read each and every posting to see what guild is on which region and server IF they even think of posting that info.

New players are not going to spend that kind of time and effort. This is a "Give it to me now" society.

Information needs to be streamlined, organized, structured and easy to locate read and act upon.

Umm did you even read the posting in full or just skim over it maybe?

But your posting is a good indicator and example of exactly what I was talking about thanks for that.

Avalean

I have no sympathy. If they can't be bothered to take some time to look, then they don't deserve much.

I have no sympathy. If they can't be bothered to take some time to look, then they don't deserve much.

Well that is a nice and very closed minded statement to simply not care, however I was looking at this from the aspect of those who do care, especially from that of the game developers and those who make their living at the game. So in basic format, It simply seems that it would be a positive thing to initiate the original suggested plan onto the website so that new players could easily find and contact appropriate guilds. In this way more new players would possible continue playing while deciding to become monthly paid members instead of free to play. This in turn would up the profits of the company, help build better organized guild contact structures, and as such enhance the longivity of the game to boot, meaning more profits in the long term for the company as well.

Avalean