Send two healers to their pylon -> they'll need 6 people for capping.

Cretinus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As easy as that. Two cross healing healers can interrupt capping and the other team will need at least 6 for killing them.

WZs are a joke.

no i agree

a stealth healer and a tank sin could hold the pylon from all 8

fun game

unless they have a guard, this is clearly a L2P issue mate

Yeah, sure. There's no issue with healers in PvP, it's all a matter of l2p. The fact that everybody and his mum is playing a healer, preferably an operative, is a pure coincidence.

Be careful saying "healers", when you mean operative. A more severe trauma debuff than the one currently in place would hurt sage and commando as well as operative.

For the Derp masters, that is what they want. They can't stand not having large number of kills on the scoreboard and the comms that go with it!

For the Derp masters, that is what they want. They can't stand not having large number of kills on the scoreboard and the comms that go with it!

And for healers, they can't stand the fact that they are far over powered at this point and its going to scaled back. The fact that they make a force of 2 into 6 or 7 is not balance.

Edited by Arkerus

And for healers, they can't stand the fact that they are far over powered at this point and its going to scaled back. The fact that they make a force of 2 into 6 or 7 is not balance.

Quantify that statement. In other words, be specific on which healer you are talking about. It is not the Sage / Sorcerer healers or the Commando / Merc healers being OP. That leaves the super healing Operatives and Scoundrels. My Sage and Sorcerer melt pretty quick in the face of 1 competent DPS AC even with cross healing. However, since Derp masters cannot blow up a healer in less than 2 GCDs they scream, "HEALERS ARE OP! NERF THEM TO HELL!" It is as simple as that.

if you're needing 6 or 7 to take down 2 healers it's clearly a l2p issue

if it took four that's a slightly less severe l2p issue, slowly the four DPS would win. Want to know why? Four 7k smashs = 28k = health of two healers.

Dead.

If you've 6 DerPS in your team... Yea, it's going to be painful.

This is the most absurd argument when it comes to healers who try to avoid the incoming nerfs.

It would only be valid if all healers were great players, then you could argue that 2 good healers managed to outplay 6 DPS bads.

But fact is that 2 bad healers manage to keep 6 bad DPS from capping, and 2 good healers also manage to keep 6 good DPS from capping.

Resuming, 2 healers manage to keep 6 DPS of the same skill lvl from capping.

This is a matter of very, very, very poor balance, not a matter of l2p.

Edited by Cretinus

The most important issue with cross healing is that countering it is way more difficult than executing it. There is no need for any coordination for cross-healing and you can even use CCs to assist if you see that your healer buddy is in a bind. A bit similar with tank-healer combo.

Now if you are DPS then without coordination its very difficult in this situation, as it relies a lot of what kind of utility skills like push you have and you have no way of knowing if your teammate has his skills on cool-down so unfortunately in pug games you need brute force by numbers/FOTM to deal with this.

Edited by Arunas

I despise smashers -- more because every idiot with a glow stick plays it than because it's "op" -- but reducing effective healing, particularly for a class that suffers none of the disadvantages of other classes in its role, will benefit everyone. yes, healing numbers will drop and dps numbers will rise. guess what? reg matches SHOULD NOT stalemate at mid or first doors. I realize that these are map concerns, but even with the same maps, REGS were not stalemating like this pre- 2.0. healing is too effective.

every rated game I watch is a vstar determined by kills, a long stalemate in NC, a CW won w/o anyone capping mid until the losing team takes a gamble. rated matches were always more stalematey. now they're ridiculously so, and the evidence is even more obvious in regs.

But fact is that 2 bad healers manage to keep 6 bad DPS from capping, and 2 good healers also manage to keep 6 good DPS from capping.

(...)

This is a matter of very, very, very poor balance, not a matter of l2p.

Healing is now a bit OP, but this what you're describing is just a L2P issue.

I have 3 healers (sage/sorc) and there is no way I can survive encounter with 3 dps without guard/taunt - no way. If you can not kill with 6 dps 2 healers it means you are just bad and no nerf will change that, becouse you're not using interrupt, shatter shots and stuns (or use it when opp healer has a full resolve bar). Period.

I can say many bad things right now about healing in this game from healer, dps and tank perspective but definitely not a one when you can't kill with 3 dps one healer that isn't guarded, it's a shame really. Quoting some classic: 'Your dps skills are bad, and you should feel bad'.

Edited by MasterBLASTERpl

I get melted on my Mando against 2 good DPS.

I would imagine the situation the OP is describing is no one using CC properly or interrupts. Just going for damage not realizing all their damage is being healed through. With probably 3 morons trying to cap at once getting interrupted by the healers AoE while 3 hopelessly spam their free attack on the healers

As easy as that. Two cross healing healers can interrupt capping and the other team will need at least 6 for killing them.

Bolster is a joke.

Correction but yeah I agree with you 100% but you know what, Bolster eliminates your argument because it can be as simple as you need to learn to play or maybe those players don't know how to counter two healers.

Bolster is the fix to all for PvP here. It suppose to make things balanced but does it really???

Its nothing but a pure simple scape goat for the DEVs to the real issues this game needs fixing on the PvP side.

Edited by Asturias

I would imagine the situation the OP is describing is no one using CC properly or interrupts. Just going for damage not realizing all their damage is being healed through. With probably 3 morons trying to cap at once getting interrupted by the healers AoE while 3 hopelessly spam their free attack on the healers

Commando can get interrupted easily. Operative does not use a lot of channeled heals.

Commando can get interrupted easily. Operative does not use a lot of channeled heals.

If 6 DPS can't out damage 1 Op (the one they are focusing should be stun locked) the DPS are bad. No two ways about that. Emergency Med Pack heals for about 3k, 4 if you are lucky. If 6 DPS can't put out ~9k damage in 1.5 seconds that is beyond bad.

But like I said, 3 of them were probably trying to cap at once and the Op would throw out a grenade and interrupt them all. Then they would all probably try to do it again while the 2 Ops were out healing the 3 that were trying to kill them instead of CCing them for that short *** 6 sec cap time.

this.

i rarely see anyone use a CC to help cap an objective. and when i start the capping, more often than not my teammates will come cap with me, rather than watching for incoming enemies to try to CC them.

Indeed.

A team of eight that can't kill two healers, and the guy thinks its the healers that are the problem. :rolleyes:

Classic, ain't it?

Clearly he wasn't saying that it was 8v2. You are grandstanding in an effort to curtail the inevitable nerfs that have to come to your Scound/Operative heals. What is clear is there is a large disparity between Scound/Op heals and the other 2 healing ac's. Any reasonable scrub can see that. Rated's are boring and not very challenging due to the Scound/Operative problem. You should try some. They simply have too many tools and are quite literally the easiest spec in the game right now... by a good margin too. They have zero hard choices to make.

Leveled a Scound heals to see exactly how stupid they are... let me tell you, there is nothing easier. Lolsmasher is leaps and bounds more difficult than healing as a Scound and we all know how loved that spec is. I play the 2nd most broken ac as a main (Slinger) and even that is much harder than healing on a Scound. I have to try to die or blatantly tab out all while in 66 pve mods lol.

Every time I see your posts and you have a defensive disposition toward Scound/Operative heals, I always refer to your signature and start to wonder if that was a self-realization rather than an assertion about other posters. The defense of the indefensible just makes you look as if hubris has taken over.

You might want to take a page out of some the pro WoW gamers handbook. People like Cdew, Zunniyaki, Talbadar, Reckful, and Venruki just to name a few. When something is broken with their respective classes, they normally are among the first to admit and offer advice on how to fix it. Sometimes that even means nerfing their class for the sake of balance. I've seen it time and time again. They realize a balanced game (or as close as it can get and is often bungled by the dev's) garners more participation. More participation means more competition. More competition means more fun and isn't that what we all are doing here? So in essence, you are arguing against your own fun by creating doubt in the dev's mind about the proper course of action.

Furthermore, If you people are as good as you say you are, what are you so afraid of? All people are asking for is balance. No one reasonable is saying, "O, let's hammer Scound/Op healing into dog crap." A reasonable person should be able to see that there is a problem here in regards to that particular spec and if you are truly a great player, you will still succeed. Or is that really the problem? Is it you are having your day in the sun and aren't sure these days will return once they are brought in line? Makes a reasonable person wonder.

Edited by Selout