Im playing a nerfed character, That's upsetting.

Kioshi_Rin

So ive played my bounty hunter up to lvl 40, and i was doing great in pvp till i dueled the iconic "op asassin" i was murdered of course, he wasnt in stealth, But i was told they nerfed Mercs. Im arsenal spec, and i do good dps, But im told there not good at pvp anymore, will they get buffed? should i re-roll or what, pvp is more important to me than PVE and i like my character alot.

Sorry to say it's only going to get worse if you just want to pvp.

There has been no nerf, they've been that way since patch 1.2c.

While you will be able to manly hold your own till 50, after that you will find yourself getting eaten for lunch.

Sadly arsenal mercs are looked at as a free kill, since they are shut down so easy, and while there are a few things that will help with 2.0, they are just small band-aids and don't stop the bleeding.

If all you want to do is PVP and you like being a bounty hunter, reroll as a pyro Powertech.

You will find you can just faceroll the 10-49 bracket, and have much more fun after 50.

Edited by Flying-Brian

So ive played my bounty hunter up to lvl 40, and i was doing great in pvp till i dueled the iconic "op asassin" i was murdered of course, he wasnt in stealth, But i was told they nerfed Mercs. Im arsenal spec, and i do good dps, But im told there not good at pvp anymore, will they get buffed? should i re-roll or what, pvp is more important to me than PVE and i like my character alot.

1. They will get buffed in 2.0. But so do other classes, so we will see. At least you can kite melees in 2.0. with the energy net, but this will take skill.

2. If you think assassins are op, you clearly have not much experience in pvp (Assass are - sadly - pretty useless in ranked pvp except for guarding nodes in tank / hybrid spec).

3. Mercenary healers are already great in pvp - no ranked wz team without one.

4. Powertechs are better for dps then mercs, especially because they are so simple to use and do bursty dps (spam 3-5 instants, basicially).

3. Mercenary healers are already great in pvp - no ranked wz team without one.

On JKS I only know of 1 team that runs with a merc heal, most of them have a bubble stunner and an operative as far as I know.

Even worse in 2.0 the 2 other heals will get a mayor push and the merc heal doesn't get a nearly as big push as the other ones do

I don't PvP, so it's not a huge problem for me.

But, yeah, getting owned will be a regular thing if you PvP with an Arsenal Merc. The vast majority of our core, high damage abilities are channel-dependent and as such can be consistently shut down with interrupts and stuns. Especially in close quarters with a melee class.

We would do OK with some backup to take some pressure off, but who wants to spend an entire WZ babysitting a DPS?

Merc is a ranged class with no real ability to keep an opponent at range. One pushback (2, I suppose, if you count Missile Blast, but after 3 of those, you are likely overheating) and one channeled slow - not so great for keeping opponents away and not many abilities that can be used on the move.

Edited by Stressfire

Merc is a ranged class with no real ability to keep an opponent at range. One pushback (2, I suppose, if you count Missile Blast, but after 3 of those, you are likely overheating)

Do you even have missle blast on your quickbar?

As soon as I hit lvl 10 on a bh/trooper this flies right out of it and will never be seen again

Do you even have missle blast on your quickbar?

As soon as I hit lvl 10 on a bh/trooper this flies right out of it and will never be seen again

This is a PvE, perspective, but I sure do, the heat cost is atrocious, granted, but it mainly acts as my "healer rescue" attack, good for dropping regular mobs or at least getting 'em off of their current target. Admittedly, I haven't used it much since Cademimu, mostly due to the heat cost - but the knockdown comes in handy now and again

This is a PvE, perspective, but I sure do, the heat cost is atrocious, granted, but it mainly acts as my "healer rescue" attack, good for dropping regular mobs or at least getting 'em off of their current target. Admittedly, I haven't used it much since Cademimu, mostly due to the heat cost - but the knockdown comes in handy now and again

They really have to lower the heat costs of this or push the dmg by a lot (which could make it really op) but as it stands it's a really useless ability, except for a few very rare cases

I don't PvP, so it's not a huge problem for me.

But, yeah, getting owned will be a regular thing if you PvP with an Arsenal Merc. The vast majority of our core, high damage abilities are channel-dependent and as such can be consistently shut down with interrupts and stuns. Especially in close quarters with a melee class.

We would do OK with some backup to take some pressure off, but who wants to spend an entire WZ babysitting a DPS?

Merc is a ranged class with no real ability to keep an opponent at range. One pushback (2, I suppose, if you count Missile Blast, but after 3 of those, you are likely overheating) and one channeled slow - not so great for keeping opponents away and not many abilities that can be used on the move.

Missile Blast's knockdown doesn't work on players. Weak/normal mobs only.

Missile Blast's knockdown doesn't work on players. Weak/normal mobs only.

No kidding...my, that's disappointing - that would have been the one thing that, IMO, would make it really viable in spite of the heat cost. Missile blast with knockdown followed by an Unload would be a nice opener I think.

Well, like I said, I still use it while solo but very rarely if ever in Group work. Perhaps it's more out of habit, but for me, it does serve a purpose as there is no need to channel.

No kidding...my, that's disappointing - that would have been the one thing that, IMO, would make it really viable in spite of the heat cost. Missile blast with knockdown followed by an Unload would be a nice opener I think.

Well, like I said, I still use it while solo but very rarely if ever in Group work. Perhaps it's more out of habit, but for me, it does serve a purpose as there is no need to channel.

In fairness, a spammable knockdown - even one that costs a ton of heat - would be OP in PVP.

go reroll and QQ at merc board,

bw hates BH.

I feel ya OP but it has been this way since the beginning. I was very dissapointed to find out at level 50 how useless a two pistol wielding BH was in PVP. It's actually a very fun class to play in PVE with a DPS companion because you can roll through mobs with ease. Once you get HK just have him attack first and enjoy. But for PVP I use my assasin and powertech.

Mercs aren't nerfed. Well not by a lot. They were never really powerful to begin with. What happened is that the melee players learned their craft and became more effective. Mercs (and to some extent, all ranged classes) were easier to play and thus had less room for improvement. Thus they became obsolete a month or so after the game was released.

The same issue (Merc too easy to play, and thus has no room for growth) continues up to this day. Take Missle Blast/Salvo for instance. The reconfigured Missile Salvo had some potential initially. It was difficult to use (required multiple button pressing quicker than standard GCD abilities), but simply didn't do much damage. If they had simply upped the damage it would have been a good addition to Merc gameplay. Instead they reduced the difficulty of using Missile Salvo (now only one button press required) and made a minor improvement to its damage output - but not enough to make it worthwhile. Net result - no change, Missile Blast/Salvo is still not worth using, and a good opportunity to add to Merc effectiveness at the cost of more difficulty was lost.

From a player who has both a Sin DPS and a PT, the PT is far more OP than the assassin, and that goes for PvE and PvP. As others have mentioned here, the assassin is worthless in pvp aside from stealthing to guard nodes. I can go into PvP with my PT specd on shield tech and still face roll people. I intentionally isolate people with grapple just because I know I can win 1v1 against almost any other class. No class should be able to do that. No offense, but if you are a BH getting slaughtered by a Sin DPS, then you are doing something wrong.

Has anyone on this thread thought that maybe the BH was getting a nerf because it was OP to begin with? Not trying to be debbie downer, again I have my own PT to worry about. But if you browse any single advanced class board on this forum, you will see the same exact post of "Waaah! My class is getting nerfed! We have to rise up against BW!" The game changes over time with patches, and with 2.0 will be new abilities and skill trees. Adapt or go play something else. It doesn't make your character "useless" or mean that "Bioware is out to get you and your entire class".

TL;DR QQ

From a player who has both a Sin DPS and a PT, the PT is far more OP than the assassin, and that goes for PvE and PvP. As others have mentioned here, the assassin is worthless in pvp aside from stealthing to guard nodes. I can go into PvP with my PT specd on shield tech and still face roll people. I intentionally isolate people with grapple just because I know I can win 1v1 against almost any other class. No class should be able to do that. No offense, but if you are a BH getting slaughtered by a Sin DPS, then you are doing something wrong.

Has anyone on this thread thought that maybe the BH was getting a nerf because it was OP to begin with? Not trying to be debbie downer, again I have my own PT to worry about. But if you browse any single advanced class board on this forum, you will see the same exact post of "Waaah! My class is getting nerfed! We have to rise up against BW!" The game changes over time with patches, and with 2.0 will be new abilities and skill trees. Adapt or go play something else. It doesn't make your character "useless" or mean that "Bioware is out to get you and your entire class".

TL;DR QQ

L2P,

pt dps is sux at pvp after 1.4.

shield pt is **** at pvp after 1.3,

dont lie to this forum.

If you are an Assassin and lose a 1v1 to a BH of any kind, then you are simply a bad.

TL;DR QQ

Do learn to read the OP before commenting. He's not talking about PT, he's talking about Mercs which are indeed a useless class in PVP.