Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

CourtneyWoods

I have advanced to Newcomer rank with Gree. The Secant ship access and further quests were a very pleasant surprise, especially the Xenoanalyst II Operation. :D

Thank you, BW. I need to get to Friend with Gree next week. ^^

where to get that operation quest? i been looking for it and then if you have normal gear they wont let anyone join...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where to get that operation quest? i been looking for it and then if you have normal gear they wont let anyone join...

You receive it when you get "Newcomer" rep status and you're able to purchase access pass to "Gray Secant" content, this unlocks new dailies and access to event OP.

The "Gray Secant" access pass is available from one of the two event vendors.

You receive it when you get "Newcomer" rep status and you're able to purchase access pass to "Gray Secant" content, this unlocks new dailies and access to event OP.

The "Gray Secant" access pass is available from one of the two event vendors.

i already have i did area...but i can´t get it again...i did it 2 days ago

i already have i did area...but i can´t get it again...i did it 2 days ago

Well there's a weekly lockout just like all the other Op's, but the Unity quest, for completing the op, is only a one time quest. You can always access the Op from the entrance in the Gray Secant, if your not on weekly lockout.

See this for any further questions: Gree Event Guide

Edited by Wodaz

It saddens me to know and see that Bioware keeps failing to keep customers happy. The new event is not alluring in any possibleway, who wants to deal with grinding in order to gain reputation to buy gear and weapons that not only look terrible but do not improve status and are created for cosmetic purposes only. PVP is terrible in this game, has always been, and never been balanced....And now to create an area that's free-for-all is just another terrible idea. To have to deal with a bunch of idiots while attempting to finish dailies just takes the fun out of it. I say that I will be going to F2P not in the attempt to cause any concern to BioWare as I know that they simply do not care.

OK so maybe I missed something or I'm just having one of those days. When reading up on the Game Update (based on the adverts) it says you have to buy it.

So is the upgrade for everyone or just for those that purchase the upgrade?

Not that I'm aware of?

"Greetings and salutations, scoundrels and Force wielders alike! Today we’re celebrating the release of Game Update 1.7: The Return of the Gree. This update contains a brand new Reputation system, as well as a complete refactor of Ilum as part of a new, recurring event. Even better, the major contents of this patch are largely open to all -- both Free-to-Play as well as Subscribers get the benefits of the Reputation System, as well as access to the event."

Quote from here 1.7 Gree Event

Edited by Wodaz

Sounds cool, but I have a little bit of a problem with the event timing. So, it will be there, and then leave. That's cool, depending on when it comes back. Are talking weeks? months? Many months?

This will be kind of a bogus update if the event only happens a few times a year. I'm thinking every month or so. Make it a bit random. So 5-8 weeks.

But I interpret your timing to be, 2-3 times a year. I think that is a bit too little imho. I guess time will tell. I do like the idea of people saying, hey, the Gree event popped on Ilum!

not only what u say, but also....

are rumors that when the event ends we all loose the reputations we earn, and we need to re-earn them when the event come back

really need a dev confirmation on this if its real

yeaa i dont get it when u do the ancient gree relays u get thet pet and thats it? the event Is over?

And another question, u need champion title to buy those guns... this cannot be done in 2 weeks, no way so im a little dissapointed... but nice job uv done on ilum

Overall I'm happy with the event. I've completed dailies for it every day, and normally cycle thru all my 50s to max the reputation tokens. I love the look of the "new" Ilum and the Gray Secant (well done Devs!). But, like many others I find the ganking and overall harassment in the Gree Enclave area atrocious. I have no problem with PVP, no issue with doing dailies inside the PVP zone, being flagged for PVP, or random acts of violence against my toon in pursuit of an objective. Big deal, it's a PVP zone. However, when it's constant 4 on 1 and 5 on 1 it becomes an exercise in patience. And I'm not paying a subscription to learn patience. Or am I?! I'd love to know how the Developers strategized soloing "Charging the Pylons" when a guild camps the area and defends it. (A tutorial video on YouTube would be ever so helpful.)

So how about the Gree put their very smart noggins together and come up with a device usable in the Contested Area that renders all gear/weaponry useless except our Legacy unlocks for barroom brawling. It would at least give those abilities a more worthy use than the afterthought that they are. And perhaps result in some of us feeling better about showing up to our execution, and who knows, we might all wind up at the Slippery Slope telling tales and buying rounds of ale.

Overall I'm happy with the event. I've completed dailies for it every day, and normally cycle thru all my 50s to max the reputation tokens. I love the look of the "new" Ilum and the Gray Secant (well done Devs!). But, like many others I find the ganking and overall harassment in the Gree Enclave area atrocious. I have no problem with PVP, no issue with doing dailies inside the PVP zone, being flagged for PVP, or random acts of violence against my toon in pursuit of an objective. Big deal, it's a PVP zone. However, when it's constant 4 on 1 and 5 on 1 it becomes an exercise in patience. And I'm not paying a subscription to learn patience. Or am I?! I'd love to know how the Developers strategized soloing "Charging the Pylons" when a guild camps the area and defends it. (A tutorial video on YouTube would be ever so helpful.)

So how about the Gree put their very smart noggins together and come up with a device usable in the Contested Area that renders all gear/weaponry useless except our Legacy unlocks for barroom brawling. It would at least give those abilities a more worthy use than the afterthought that they are. And perhaps result in some of us feeling better about showing up to our execution, and who knows, we might all wind up at the Slippery Slope telling tales and buying rounds of ale.

I think the Devs were not expecting people to be butts like that. So far I have the PvP dailies twice; the first time a guild was doing everything to impeded people, while the second time a nice orderly que formed.

First, there are some really good things in this event. My problem is that the Devs obviously didn't factor in the number of solo players they have and the number of people who feel that a group of 4 attacking 1 is the best play there is. But then I am beginning to expect foolish decisions from the Devs. Priorities are all screwed up, it seems.

The first priority should be to fix the damage the devs have done to PVP. It was pretty good prior to 1.2, Since then every "fix" just makes it worse. Buff what doesn't need to be buffed, nerf what doesn't need to be nerfed. Make stupid excuses. Repeat. How about fixing stun? How about removing the buffs and nerfs from 1.2 forward.

Want to fix stun, simple, you're immune to stun for as long as you were stunned. Stunned for 3 seconds, immune for 3 seconds, 30 seconds, immune for 30 seconds. Simple. Dump resolve, etc. Eliminate stun locking, chaining stuns forever, etc. How hard can it be, really? Do the Devs even actually play with everyone else?

Then for events like this, don't put dailies in PVP areas. Don't try to force people who are perfectly happy soloing PVE into having to find groups to do things in a PVP area. This event is the worst thing they could have done for open world PVP, period. How many people are now absolutely fed up with PVP because of poor behavior of some groups. Is that really what the Devs were aiming for? If so they succeeded. If not, they failed miserably. This area will end up as empty as Outlaws Den. Sad, but that's how it is going to end up. The vast majority of players on non-PVP servers will simply avoid it so they don't have to deal with the poor behavior of a few.

Now, I've done the full set of dailies each day, so far. However each day it's harder and harder to complete the dalies in the PVP area because of groups being allowed to camp out and attack people just trying to complete dailies and move on. If I wanted to deal with PVP all the time, I'd have put my characters on a PVP server. I don't, so I didn't. I PVP in warzones, that's plenty. Forcing me to put up with idiots and children in order to participate in an event pisses me off to no end. (And yes, if you want to stand a chance at getting enough rep to get the gear, you have ot do the PVP area missions, no way around it unless you've got a full set of 50's.)

I pay to play this game. I shouldn't be forced to put up with extra BS just to participate in an event, not if BW wants me to continue paying them. If they want people to continue paying, fix the problems the Devs have created and made worse with their "fixes". Make events on PVE servers so they can be completed by PVE players without having to deal with PVP. Let the people who really want PVP in their events go play on PVP servers. Everyone will be happier.

Edited by DanNV
SPelling corrections

My problem is that the Devs obviously didn't factor in the number of solo players they have and the number of people who feel that a group of 4 attacking 1 is the best play there is.

There are plenty of people every day asking for groups on Ilum. Group up with them, its not that difficult.

Then for events like this, don't put dailies in PVP areas. Don't try to force people who are perfectly happy soloing PVE into having to find groups to do things in a PVP area.

No one is forcing pvp on anyone. There are 4 pve quests, two world bosses and an operations boss. There is only TWO PVP quests, and you don't even have to do them. Even if you have zero alts, you will reach the rep cap long before the week is over if you do the quests every day without the need doing the pvp quests. You are NOT being forced to do them and I'm getting sick and tired of reading that both here and in general chat on Ilum. You don't want to pvp or get ganked? Then don't go into the damn contested area.

If anything, PvE is being forced onto PvP players and we get a slap in the face with one small pvp area and two worthless pvp quests that give a whopping 100 warzone commendations and some rep *whoopdie doo*

(And yes, if you want to stand a chance at getting enough rep to get the gear, you have ot do the PVP area missions, no way around it unless you've got a full set of 50's.)

Even if you had a bunch of 50's no one is going to reach champion status before the event is over. The weekly cap wont allow it. Even if the cap wasn't there, no you would not have to do the pvp missions at all. You get rep from the dailies, you get rep from the world bosses (that spawn every 2 hours in multiple instances) and you get ALOT of rep for downing the operations boss. You PvE players get all kinds of pve content all the time. It wont kill you to let PvP players have those two quests.

I pay to play this game. I shouldn't be forced to put up with extra BS just to participate in an event, not if BW wants me to continue paying them. If they want people to continue paying, fix the problems the Devs have created and made worse with their "fixes". Make events on PVE servers so they can be completed by PVE players without having to deal with PVP. Let the people who really want PVP in their events go play on PVP servers. Everyone will be happier.

Oh look, I can throw that same logic back at you. PvP players pay to play this game to. Maybe we are tired of having PvE content shoved down our throats while being ignored patch after patch with minimal content while PvE players get new content all the time. If they want people to continue playing then maybe they should fix the balance issues with pvp and stop feeding the pve players and slamming cosmetic cartel crap down our throats.

Edited by Raansu

After playing a bit more this is definitely my favorite event ever in SWTOR. Even though I maxed out my weekly rep and I don't really care about getting champion level or grinding for weapons since I just want the armor I still found myself playing just because of how fun the open world pvp is and the crazy stuff that can happen.

I will be really sad to see this area of ilum disappear and I wish that it could become a permanent fixture of daily missions even after the event ends. You don't have previous problems like random drops or quest items taking forever to respawn like in other events and aside from that one quest you don't have to travel all over and waste a bunch of time running you actually get to play the game.

Only thing I am worried about is how the reputation system functions for 1.7 after the event. I was hoping the rep system would have some more significant rewards aside from just more palette swaps of existing armor and one mini pet it was kind of disappointing since nothing really jumped out as being must have from any of the reputation vendors. I also hope that they add more stuff or ranks because you can earn a lot of rep just by doing dailies and reach the weekly cap fairly easily. I know they don't want it to be a grind but having different tiers of gear or rewards based on your rep level seems better whereas now it is really Friend you unlock the 2 armors and champion you unlock everything else with nothing for the other levels is kind of disappointing.

There are plenty of people every day asking for groups on Ilum. Group up with them, its not that difficult.

The point is, there are a lot of people who DON'T want to group. Hense, SOLO players. They are a larger part of this game than you seem to think.

No one is forcing pvp on anyone. There are 4 pve quests, two world bosses and an operations boss. There is only TWO PVP quests, and you don't even have to do them. Even if you have zero alts, you will reach the rep cap long before the week is over if you do the quests every day without the need doing the pvp quests. You are NOT being forced to do them and I'm getting sick and tired of reading that both here and in general chat on Ilum. You don't want to pvp or get ganked? Then don't go into the damn contested area.

If you want the reputation you have to do all of the missions, PVE and PVP. If you don't, you can't get enough to get high enough during the event to get the goodies. Hence, PVE players are forced to PVP. If players want full-time PVP, roll toons on a PVP server. It's that easy. I'm tired of PVP players complaining on PVE servers.

If anything, PvE is being forced onto PvP players and we get a slap in the face with one small pvp area and two worthless pvp quests that give a whopping 100 warzone commendations and some rep *whoopdie doo*

Go play on a PVP server. Simple. Then you can PVP everywhere both factions appear, all the time. Enjoy. Those of us who don't like it will stick to the PVE servers and we'll all be happier.

Even if you had a bunch of 50's no one is going to reach champion status before the event is over. The weekly cap wont allow it. Even if the cap wasn't there, no you would not have to do the pvp missions at all. You get rep from the dailies, you get rep from the world bosses (that spawn every 2 hours in multiple instances) and you get ALOT of rep for downing the operations boss. You PvE players get all kinds of pve content all the time. It wont kill you to let PvP players have those two quests.

It won't hurt you PVP players to leave PVE players alone, either. Go play on a PVP server and you won't have to deal with those of us who aren't PVP players.

Oh look, I can throw that same logic back at you. PvP players pay to play this game to. Maybe we are tired of having PvE content shoved down our throats while being ignored patch after patch with minimal content while PvE players get new content all the time. If they want people to continue playing then maybe they should fix the balance issues with pvp and stop feeding the pve players and slamming cosmetic cartel crap down our throats.

They already have a place for PVP players to play, PVP servers. Go play there and you have all the PVP you want.

I do, however agree that they need to fix the problems they keep making worse in PVP, see my original comments on that subject.

Also, this game is story driven. That content is going to be way more PVE than PVP just by the nature of how the story works. However, for those people who really like PVP, there are full time PVP servers. Might be a better place for people who really want PVP to play.

Overall, I have to say I'm disappointed with this event. They continue to ignore the lessons from prior events and incorporate elements that suck the fun right out of it. As one example, having open world clickable items becomes incredibly frustrating when people forget one of the basic niceties we learned in kindergarten: wait your turn. And please don't throw out the tired excuses of, "It's just a game", "Get in a group," (I usually do group), or, "Have you ever played an MMO before?" I know it's a game and I've been playing MMOs a long time. That still doesn't excuse people being jerks. Having open world clickables during events just draws them out in droves.

We have a limited time event, so of course there are going to be lots of people around. Did they really not think of the impact that would have on missions such as clickable items? You can also look at the respawn time on mobs on Ilum and wonder what was going through their heads. We have pirates respawning way too fast (though they may have done that on purpose to up the stakes), and the animal spawns taking a long time.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, but I think the rewards for the event are mediocre at best. I just can't see myself putting a lot of time into this and getting very little out of it.

In short, I really do thank them for trying to do something fun in the game. I hope they are able to look at the strengths and weaknesses of all the events so far before planning out the next one. Though I've focused on negative aspects here, there have certainly been some fun elements in the events. I truly hope they can factor all that in before the next event.

Edited by Kalabakk

Overall I've got mixed feelings about this event and I find myself not looking forward to the dailies. I've seen some say "No one is forcing you to PVP", guess again, they are. Let me preface that with this bit of context.

I signed up to a PVE server precisely because I have no interest in doing PVP. I play when time allows (which varies, some days i can play all day, other times I may go a week without being able to play at all, just depends on my work load). Sometimes I'm on at odd hours which can make finding groups for a Hero 4 difficult. Most of the time I enjoy playing the content solo and exploring the different story arcs and so forth. I play to relax and have a bit of fun, I'm not in it to play competitively.

That said, it should come as no surprise I haven't bothered to work towards collecting PVP gear, I normally wear a mix of Columi, Tionese and Rakata gear I've so far managed to collect in just over a month of play (I'm still learning about all that, and working to improve it as I can while looking forward to eventually getting my first piece of Black Hole gear). I have a single lvl 50 toon and a second toon I'm gradually leveling up. So I can't rapidly get rep points by doing dailies on multiple toons as some are doing.

Yet I find I'm being forced int PVP despite not wanting too. So far every day I've done the Ilum/Gree dailies I've run into the same problem. I somehow get flagged for PVP even though I'm not in that area an not doing the PVP quests. What generally happens is I drop an aoe, an imp deliberately jumps into it and presto I'm flagged. That's usually followed by 2-5 other imps joining in on killing me and I don't always even get credit for whatever I was going after. I've been told this "bug" was fixed... well, it hasn't been, as it occurred today just prior to posting this.

I know some enjoy PVP, an I'm fine with content being added just for the PVPers. What I'm not happy with is what is advertised as PVE content that gets turned into PVP because Bioware can't fix a bug that allows groups of juvenile jerks to grief other players. Its something they really need to fix, I'm sure they're getting plenty of complaints about it.

As it stands, I should get Newcomer rank in another day or two, I'll see what new quests that unlocks, if it involves less of the PVP nonsense I may keep up with the quests, otherwise I'll most likely ignore this content in the future.

Footnote: I'm aware some Pub players are just as bad for being jerks as Imps (not surprising since many play toons on both sides, might even be the same jerks), there are some on both sides an they spoil the game for everyone else.

I signed up to a PVE server precisely because I have no interest in doing PVP. I play when time allows (which varies, some days i can play all day, other times I may go a week without being able to play at all, just depends on my work load).

(snip)

Yet I find I'm being forced int PVP despite not wanting too. So far every day I've done the Ilum/Gree dailies I've run into the same problem. I somehow get flagged for PVP even though I'm not in that area an not doing the PVP quests. What generally happens is I drop an aoe, an imp deliberately jumps into it and presto I'm flagged. That's usually followed by 2-5 other imps joining in on killing me and I don't always even get credit for whatever I was going after. I've been told this "bug" was fixed... well, it hasn't been, as it occurred today just prior to posting this.

I know some enjoy PVP, an I'm fine with content being added just for the PVPers. What I'm not happy with is what is advertised as PVE content that gets turned into PVP because Bioware can't fix a bug that allows groups of juvenile jerks to grief other players. Its something they really need to fix, I'm sure they're getting plenty of complaints about it.

(snip)

Footnote: I'm aware some Pub players are just as bad for being jerks as Imps (not surprising since many play toons on both sides, might even be the same jerks), there are some on both sides an they spoil the game for everyone else.

Amen....

And the force someone to get flagged bug would be easy to fix. Just don't allow flagged people to have any effect on unflagged people (already generaly works that way) and don't allow unflagged people to have any effect on flagged people. Simple coding for that fix. I have no idea why BW hasn't figured that one out yet unless they just don't care.

How is it difficult? You get 1 each day, 4 from the quest that has you travel to different planets, 4 from the SM OPS and 6 from the HM OPS. If you do SM and HM this week and next week then that's 20 components right there. You get 14 if you do the dailies every day +4 from the one time quest where you travel to different planets. There is no reason for you not to be able to get at least one weapon before this event is over (or two if you have a sentinel since those are only 18 each.)

FFS, will you freakin' carebears stop effin' crying?

What part of open PvP do you not get?

As well, what's stopping you from staking out a spot at range whilst they can't see you and ganking a few of them whilst they're fighting the boss? Of course, once they see you, and the pathetic O/P glow batters come for you, then you'll die, but I got in about four or five solo-ganks this way the last time I did it. (Smuggler/'Slinger/Sharpshooter burst-damage, best damage, and this was in mostly Recruit gear :))

E:

Why, in the Name of every God that was/is/will be, did you people nerf the BH/Merc's Electro-Dart range once upon a time ago? Without making Unload less-easily inrterruptable to compensate?

Seriously, ***...[/facepalm]

Edited by midianlord

This event is disappointing, especially compared to the previous 2.

The Gree outfits and weapons seem to be the only thing worthwhile of attaining, but there isn't a way to get the repuation needed in the 2 week event time for the weapons. I will be able to get 2 of the tron operavtive outfits but that's not really what I want. We have been asking for a legacy bound saber for a while now and we won't be able to get it during this event. A guildie even commented, "Why is a Star Wars game so anti-light saber?" This is a slap in the face to the loyal subs. Some mainhands cost more than others which doesn't seem right since they are shells. At least in GAR there were mods in the weapons, which made sense why there was a price difference. Now tokens are completely bound unlike the previous 2 events. This feels like such a gimmick to keep people subbed til Makeb. Since the release, I have only been able to do the world bosses 3 times and this took a bunch of effort to get this done. One attempt ended up getting the entire group wiped because one guy was flagged for pvp and he was a healer. An imp guild comes in and wipes the group. The instance timer should have been adjusted for this event too, because there is so little time to get to the right instance if you want to down a world boss. The other reputation grinds seems to offer even less of an incentive to do them. The gear is a ton more lack luster than the Gree outfits.

This event is making me wonder why I'm staying subbed to the game while my guildies are leaving one by one even after a year of solid raiding.

On an off-note, I have to wonder if Tron is Bioware's favorite movie?

I want that little Gree Data Core, I saw a party member doing AC last night have one and I want it!

Reminds me of the Oracle that followed you around in the ORIGINAL Halo game...or rather..you followed IT around while it tried to kill you with waves and waves of The Flood..

Do I have to participate in this event at all in order to buy that little Gree Data Core? or can I just go to the vendor and buy it?

its not a commendation item it looks like (from that picture in this thread) it's just a flat 50k credits..

Edited by Xaldynn

FFS, will you freakin' carebears stop effin' crying?

What part of open PvP do you not get?

As well, what's stopping you from staking out a spot at range whilst they can't see you and ganking a few of them whilst they're fighting the boss? Of course, once they see you, and the pathetic O/P glow batters come for you, then you'll die, but I got in about four or five solo-ganks this way the last time I did it. (Smuggler/'Slinger/Sharpshooter burst-damage, best damage, and this was in mostly Recruit gear :))

E:

Why, in the Name of every God that was/is/will be, did you people nerf the BH/Merc's Electro-Dart range once upon a time ago? Without making Unload less-easily inrterruptable to compensate?

Seriously, ***...[/facepalm]

What does this have to do with my post that you quoted?