SWTOR 2.0 update gear

KALELSAB

So all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks BW for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.

Must be new to mmo's.. Gear always gets updated in expansions/updates.

1.2, 1.4, 2.0

Really? Insults and stupid comments. Nice. I understand increasing armor and adding new capabilities, but that isn't the issue. BW is making ALL of the old gear and effort less than the lowest gear in the update. Not just adding to the last year and a half, but taking it all and making it worthless. So thanks for the excellent comments.

Lol, oh I love some people. Your complaining about other people giving insults and stupid comments? Read your own posts and say that again. Don't get me wrong, I'm kinda peeved about it as well, but it gives me something to do at least. I just wish that Dreadgaurd gear was equivalent to entry level ops, not lower then the gear used for entry level group content such as flashpoints and dailies. That way we could have jumped right into the new ops when we hit 55.

But yeah, dude, welcome to the MMO gaming life. How else are they going to get people to continue to play for 8+ years like WoW? You need to make new objectives that are higher and harder to get then the previous ones, basically, in the process, making the original objectives pointless.

To be fair, they did make a lot of weird comments about 50 "still being the endgame" and how some sort of "improvements in how item power is calculated" would mean all your existing stuff won't be obsolete. In the end they tossed all those pretty notions out (along with all the old "endgame" kit) and just tacked on three new tiers. Meet the new gear grind. Same as the old gear grind. Nobody should be surprised at this.

To be fair, they did make a lot of weird comments about 50 "still being the endgame" and how some sort of "improvements in how item power is calculated" would mean all your existing stuff won't be obsolete. In the end they tossed all those pretty notions out (along with all the old "endgame" kit) and just tacked on three new tiers. Meet the new gear grind. Same as the old gear grind. Nobody should be surprised at this.

What they said was that all your gear would not be trumped by the first green you find on a trash mob. your gear is still viable to level to 55 with. then you start getting new sets of end-game gear.

honestly, I don't see what the problem is. That is how MMOs work.

I've 3 characters with full 63Gear, so calm down, smoke a cigarette or drink a beer or whatever, but stop crying like a baby. It's a game and not the way of life. :rak_03:

Damn I have been wrong all these year...LOL

One cool thing for those that like to grind for thier gear is, this time around the the set bouns is on the amoring so you can move those 63's or what ever you may have into the moddable armor of your choice, like your old battlemaster, no problem just pop in the new mods, I am sure it will cost a small fortune, but what the heck, :)

Edited by kevlarto

Seriously OP? Have you ever even looked at other MMOs? This is how the genre works, whining about it just makes you look out of touch and more than a little silly (I'm being as nice as I can here).

Moaning that the old gear is going to be easier to get after the Xpac? Actually think it through before you start talking, it's the only way that gear stays relevant and in-play once we can go to 55. Expecting people to go after gear that's no longer progression gear despite requiring almost as much work is deranged.

One cool thing for those that like to grind for thier gear is, this time around the the set bouns is on the amoring so you can move those 63's or what ever you may have into the moddable armor of your choice, like your old battlemaster, no problem just pop in the new mods, I am sure it will cost a small fortune, but what the heck, :)

It's not on the armoring, just "carried by" the armoring. What they said happens is that you can extract the set bonus from a piece by pulling the armoring. So you can "pull" the set bonus out of Tionese now, even though that wasn't possible before. And when you put that armoring into any other shell (it has to be the same slot that as the shell the armoring was pulled from), then the set bonus is inflicted on that new shell. If you pull the armoring out of the new shell, then it will remove the bonus and carry it away to any other piece you put it into later.

The trick is that the bonus stays with the shell even if you put a new armoring in (without removing the one that carried the bonus). So you can pull a full set of Tionese armorings, plop them into your favorite orange shell, then drop in Black Hole mods (which do not have any set bonuses), and poof, you have 61 gear with a set bonus. If you put in an armoring with no set bonus in tow, then the shell keeps what it already had. If you try to put in a new armoring that does have an attached bonus, then you will get a prompt asking if you want to overwrite the set bonus; you can choose yes or no, depending on what you want.

You can also pick and choose set bonuses from different sets if you want, so you can combine any of the 2-set bonuses you like (assuming you have pieces to pull armorings from to start with).

Edited by Heezdedjim

Patch notes said everyone will be 'bolstered' to recruit level, for 50 pvp. That means you can continue to wear your cool looking PVE, as you slowly early War Hero.

That's a 'calculation' if you consider it.

Note, Hazmat will now be dropping on EV and KP HM. So you'll be able to pick up some gear that's 'good enough' to work on the lvl 55 content, as you grind tward 55. Just do your Ops.

Once you hit 55, you'll want to start re-gearing. Same as... Rakata having to move on to Campaign.

And once you have the 'ultimate' for lvl 55, and you're fully augmented, etc. etc. expect that 3.0, coming to you in 2014, will bump the cap to 60, and introduce another level of gear.

You may then post again about how useless the lvl 55 ultimate set is.

Calm down. The gear isn't useless. It's just no longer BiS.

So all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks BW for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.

It's a new tier. It's not that your effort meant nothing. You got your gear, you used that gear to beat the challenges at your level, hopefully you had a good time doing that. Now you get new challenges, new gear to beat those challenges, and hopefully some more good times doing that.

It's a new tier. It's not that your effort meant nothing. You got your gear, you used that gear to beat the challenges at your level, hopefully you had a good time doing that. Now you get new challenges, new gear to beat those challenges, and hopefully some more good times doing that.

This exactly! Why can't people understand this? The same people would complain that Bioware never adds in new gear if it wasn't added in... you just can't win with certain people!

The changes makes the entire endgame MUCH more logical and better. The new stuff isn't til level 55 anyway.

This exactly! Why can't people understand this? The same people would complain that Bioware never adds in new gear if it wasn't added in... you just can't win with certain people!

The changes makes the entire endgame MUCH more logical and better. The new stuff isn't til level 55 anyway.

If I never had a new piece of gear (or some other way to improve my character) to shoot for, I'd probably quit the game, but I do understand the frustration at seeing gear you spent a good bit of time and effort working towards become the base level. At least it isn't going to be like my traumatic experience in WoW where 2 hours after Cataclysm started I got a quest drop green with better stats than the epic I'd spent months grinding for. <shudder> ;)

It takes a little bit of a shift in thinking to let that old gear go. Good bit of pride mixed up in that, but it's worth it. New stuff coming with new goals to shoot for.

so all of the effort for lvl 63 gear is worthless now that upgrade 2.0 is here. Thanks bw for making all of our effort mean nothing. I am looking forward to not renewing my subscription.

your tears are so tasty

Edited by tzagheru

SWTOR is my first MMO (played since launch) so I'm wondering if the tempo new gear are coming out in SWTOR is the normal speed new gear are added to MMO's ?

It seems to me that new tiers of gear are added very fast in SWTOR.

I'm really happy that I stopped my gear grinding at Black Hole gear now :D

But the new gear are fantastic (ok not the head pieces...) and it has turned both my jedi sentinel and jedi shadow (dpd spec) into killing machines :D :D

Not looking forward to getting back to lvl 50 and Black hole gear when the 2.0 test end...

I wish more people would understand that. I actually wouldn't mind one bit if the first green I found was better than any one of my purples. It's an UPGRADE! New challenges, new upgrades!

Seriously, ALL those people whining now, fearing that their gear might get replaced at some point, will also whine after the expansion has launched, complaining how they have to go through 5 tedious and boring levels without a single upgrade to their gear. :rolleyes:

Lol! It is a progression. So... your previous work is not lost. Your previous gear is not invalid or worthless. It is one rung on the ladder. OR would rather not have progression at all? If so... MMOs are not what you are looking for.

• 1 month later...

People saying that "its just how mmos work" have grown to complacent, can you not see gear grind is the ****test way to extend gameplay ever? its poor design and the cap on how many coms you can have shows that. instead of making gear grind the sole reason to play your game add in more quest-lines like the seeds or more fun fps instead of giving the old ones the "hard mode" treatment, i understand that the dev team has to make sacrifices once and a while, however adding in a 70 day gear grind (predicted for elite gear) is just lazy.

but its not all bad, i don't know about other classes but some ultimate gear is not as good as my campaign and bh gear, sure it stacks more endurance and crit wooptie doo, but this may be because BW don't know what they want the sentinel to do :p

Actually, it's not useless. You can level through Makeb and even start doing 55 hard modes with 61-63 gear with no problems. Just think of it as transitioning to the next tier (like Campaign to Dread Guard).

Way better than in WoW where you do a little questing and greens will quickly replace your highest tier epics from the previous content.

Edited by chuixupu