Quesh, im too low, 3rd time...

tormentuk

Did you do the bonus quest series?

Did you do heroics?

Did you do flashpoints?

Did you do space missions?

Did you do PvP?

Most of it is optional, but it is easy to stay above the required level for planets.

thing is he doesnt need toi do heroics, flashpoints, space missions, pvp

I flat out do not beleive the op and call shenanagins because Ive taken 6 characters now through beta and retail and its always been the exact same patern.

By Alderaan Im so over level that I can skip all the non storyline quests and still leave that planet over suggested level

And thats with out ever doing a single space mission, single pvp encounter. Doing some but not all heroics (mostly just the 2 person ones) and doing only a few flashpoints (talking less then 5).

There is only 1 way to be 4-5 levels under suggested planet level by Quesh and thats to NOT DO ANY side quests for multiple (more then 3) planets prior to Quesh.

So yeah, hes not doing the bonus missions because hes not doing the side missions at all.

Just another post were they see all the people complaining about xp being to fast so they feel they need to make a post saying the opposite.

Bioware, if you think the OP is correct I DEFY YOU to look up his characters and see if hes telling the truth. In fact if you think hes being truthful I DEMAND you sdo so because I flat out know for a fact he is not.

Storyline, exploration, datacrons and planet storyline alone (nothing else, just those 4 things) will put him far ahead on the xp chart then he claims and thats doing NO HEROICS AT ALL and no side quests (which he claims he did no less).

Just more nonsense from those that want to be level 50 when they role up a character.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...

Very strange... when i got to quesh i was outleveling everything by at least 4 levels.

im guessing you missed the bonus seris of missions on most of the other planets.

That and you probably skipped a few sidequests because you were bored with the planets and wanted to progress in your storyline...

This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...

You've missed something. I have always been the same level or a couple of levels higher for all the planets on all my characters. Make sure you're doing the bonus and area quests.

This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs.

this doesnt make sense?

quesh is one level long. if you were only 1 level lower than the mobs on the last planet, how could you be FIVE levels lower than the mobs on quesh?

I don't do flash points, they take too long to get going, don't give anything in return at all.

Leveling is just too fast, to fanny around with instances and heroics.

If leveling is so fast for you, how come you keep ending up far too low when you hit Quesh?

Odds are, you're doing the dead minimum to finish missions and skipping bonuses left and right- especially if you're stealthing through them. Most people tend to have the opposite "problem"- plowing through everything often leaves you dealing with greens instead of yellow+ mobs when you get there.

even not doing space missions or the heroic missions, i outlevelled every planet i've gone to.

you should do every quest ont he planets you are on. the reason why you are under levelled is because you skipped a lot of content on the way up.

Your play style, is not mine. I just follow the flow of the game! This is the only planet hop, i have issues with! 3rd time, every thing is just missing or evading my attacks.

i have 3 level 50's republic side and never, ever had this problem. you skipped content in various hubs no doubt about it or you are not doing space missions.

you never have to do any of the heroic missions

If you do your class missions, the side missions and the bonus series, ignoring heroics and flashpoints, there's no way you're 2+ levels above the next planet. You'll be around the +-1 range.

Doing space/PVP messes up the exp quota per planet, so you can not and should not add whatever space/PVP you did "on the side" into the total experience you gained per planet.

There's something very wrong if you did "EVERYTHING" excluding heroics and flashpoints and are 4+ levels below the planet. That is not possible, even with quesh. There is also something very wrong if you did "EVERYTHING" excluding heroics and flashpoints and are 4+ levels HIGHER than the planet. That is not possible unless you did a lot of PVP/Space missions in between (And I mean a LOT. Like an entire play days worth of PVP/Space) and are mistakingly thinking the experience you gained from PVP/Space was the exp you got from the planet and all it's side quests.

I've played enough characters to know that doing everything excluding space, heroics, pvp, space is not enough to get insanely overleveled for the next planet, so don't even try it. For all I care, it's just e-ego flexing.

Doing space/PVP messes up the exp quota per planet, so you can not and should not add whatever space/PVP you did "on the side" into the total experience you gained per planet.

There's something very wrong if you did "EVERYTHING" excluding heroics and flashpoints and are 4+ levels below the planet. That is not possible, even with quesh. There is also something very wrong if you did "EVERYTHING" excluding heroics and flashpoints and are 4+ levels HIGHER than the planet. That is not possible unless you did a lot of PVP/Space missions in between (And I mean a LOT. Like an entire play days worth of PVP/Space) and are mistakingly thinking the experience you gained from PVP/Space was the exp you got from the planet and all it's side quests.

As the space and pvp missions give greater xp boosts for dailies, this really depends on how often you play. A 'casual' player that only is able to play a little bit per day or per week can really capitalize on the dailies and actually have them make up a much more significant portion of their xp bar than a 'hardcore' 6+ hour a day person.

my bounty hunter is 36 and I just finished off taris.

I dont pvp.

I do do any space missions.

I also skipped all of the heroic missions.

I have skipped all of the bonus series arcs on all of the planets so far.

I skip the bulk of the bonus components for most quests.

I am still exactly where I should be level wise.

Rest xp makes up the difference.

There are LOT of options for leveling.

Edited by EchoTwoOmega

You clearly aren't completing your planet story quests cos at that stage I had problems because I outleveled entire planets before I even got to them, and that was doing minimal PvP/space.

You can be underlevelled if you don't do FP and heroics - even doing space missions won't give you enough doing all solo quests with bonus' I've been through it with 2 characters and was underlevelled both times (it's especially bad at around Hoth being 39 even through doing all solo quests.).

When I was leveling my trooper I didn't do heroics or flashpoints, and I only did some space missions. I SKIPPED TARIS BY ACCIDENT, AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT. You honestly cannot tell me that you're this far underlevel and have done even half the content.

• 1 month later...

Unless you stealth through most of the missions that require you just collecting something or talking to someone, there's no way that you can be that underleveled. I have seriously done like 1 FP and maybe 2 Heroics total throughout the entire game and Im consistently 3-4 levels above the mobs on all my characters. Also, I dont do space missions or PVP very much either. Just killing the mobs on the way to objectives has always put me way above the level of the NPCs.

In conclusion, kill stuff...

Leveling is just too fast, to fanny around with instances and heroics.

Sorry TormentUK, I cannot really add anything to the discussion that has not already been said - I hit every quest I could find on my way through each planet, and even on Quesh I was 2 to 4 levels ahead of the quests, depending on how many mobs I had killed on the way/how much rested XP I had.

But the irony of posting to complain that you are 4-5 levels behind the zone and then saying that leveling is too fast to do instances or heroics is something I laughed at...

• 7 months later...

The magic number is level 33 (as per the Toxic Clash mission min level) - http://www.torhead.com/mission/5ILXCuz/toxic-clash#comments

I've run across the SAME problem on two TOONS now. Yes I've SKIPPED all content but Class Quest and some PVP. Both times while I was "Power Leveling" my toons even with keeping them in RESTING every logoff time.

BW Lied - (Shocked look on my face) - You can't skip all the content and do just Class quests to level up even with Legacy (without more side bar XP items). I've MAX'd out the legacy class bonus (all five), exploration bonus (all five) and even PVP bonus (all five). I'll usually grab LORE and DATACRONS along the way as well.

I've found that I'm having to run several days of PVP to get high enough level to defeat each boss in each Class quest. (5 levels below = almost impossible, 4 level below you actually hit the boss for damage)

While this is great for helping slow down power leveling characters is does suck the advertised "LEGACY" features don't do what was promised to "Play the way you want to play". I would suggest BW not make comments like that in the future. (Then again legacy didn't turn out like it should have - IMHO) I still wouldn't remove this "Feature" or road block as it does force folks to go back and smell the roses or the face plant of a PVP session.

Edited by dscount

You need to do like 95% of the quests on each planet inc bonus series, do flash points, pvp warzones and space combat missions or you will fall behind sadly.

This is not actually true. Three of my five level 50 characters, I've done Class, Planet, and Side quests, completely skipping Heroics, PVP, Space, and only doing the Esseles/Black Talon flashpoints. I have reached Corellia at no lower a level then 48, and was always at least a level or two ahead of the content I was playing.