Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Lol. Anakin's Jedi robe is pretty unique compared to other Jedi robes. Find me one other jedi wearing Anakin's exact outfit and maybe your argument will hold weight.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68616/2204529-anipadawan.jpg Padawan Anakin

http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/Obi-Wan_sansrobe.jpg padawan Obi-Wan

Oh... did you mean his grown up robe?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320221711/starwars/images/5/59/ThreeJedi.jpg There's still NOTHING UNIQUE about it. Only the color is different. "To reflect his inevitable fall to the dark side".

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070224232958/es.starwars/images/f/fe/Saesee_Tiin_lightsaber.jpg Also this guy wears a very dark robe and I know another guy but his name completely escapes me so I cannot look him up now...

Edited by Aelther

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dark Leather outfit is his widely recognized canon outfit which you still haven't provided a Jedi who wears the exact same armor. Therefor his outfit remains unique.

Even if the "leather" outfit was the only one in the galaxy, it is still the same style. And it's not even the main part of my argument. Look at his early outfit. Exactly same as all other padawan outfits. Are you gonna call it "anakin's" and no one elses too, just because he wore it, ignoring that a bunch of other people wear the same one?

But everyone knows no one else wore his cybernetic armor. So if it suddenly got changed into a standard imperial guard outfit, except maybe with a different colour you'd be just fine with it. Not upset at all, because some company would label it "canon" and say that his unique cybrnetic armor never existed because our latest movie says so?

Edited by Aelther

No. Because his Kidawan outfit is accepted as being used by every kidawan in training. But! We only see him wear it for roughly 5 minutes on film. In the second film he is now a grown adult padawan with a new outfit unique from others. This outfit stays the same from Episode 2, the clone wars cartoon and episode 3. This is his canon adult padawan and knight outfit and thus different from others.

No. Because his Kidawan outfit is accepted as being used by every kidawan in training. But! We only see him wear it for roughly 5 minutes on film. In the second film he is now a grown adult padawan with a new outfit unique from others. This outfit stays the same from Episode 2, the clone wars cartoon and episode 3. This is his canon adult padawan and knight outfit and thus different from others.

Ok... let me put it this way, maybe then you'll understand what I mean. Imagine there was an RPG based on Episode 2. It has an item called: "Anakin's Black Leather Robe". Now a squeal based on Episode 3 comes out. It also has the same "Anakin's Black Leather Robe", except that for some reason it's not leather. It's light sand colour cloth, not unique in any way, except maybe for some tiny ornament on a shoulder that you can barely see. Would you still happily accept that "Anakin's Black Leather Robe" as canon, even though it's not even leather, nor is it black?

P.S. And now I'm off for today... for real this time

Edited by Aelther

No. I would be confused, than I'd lol to myself and prolly forget about it if the gameplay was engaging enough. I see where you're coming from but his Maelstrom Prison Armor which I assume is what is being fixed too does match the armor shown in Kotor in my opinion.

Who knows.

Aelther.

Revan's Current set is how the designers made his set based off of the original set.

Lets LOOK at the checklist shall we? Iconic Metal Ring? Check, Bronze Breastplate? Check. Black Robes? check. Signature Mask? Check.

They chose the model type for Revans for a reason, yeah, sure. there have been -Greens- that look like it but with major alterations. Chckered stripe down the middle, additional colorization patches etc.

There is not one other chestpeice in the game like Revans current? How? 1. It doesn't turn into a sports bra on females, the chest holds the breastplate and not a white cloth center and the same goes for the lower robe, It is the only one like it that is moddable.

Lets look at the other moddables that are similar. Phantom: besides the model type it looks nothing like it. and it has lights. Investigator's? For the chest compare to above, it does turn into a skanky version for women.

-------------------------------

Now then, To your debate about LORE TIMELINES, AND REVAN IN STASIS, Which shouldn't even be a factor, because this armor is the game developers portrayal of Revan and Revan's Robes. thusly stating those are HIS Robes.

HAVE YOU SEEN WEARABLE CLOTHING THATS 300 YEARS OLD HMM? Clothes rot, decay. I always wore my favorite tie-dye shirt when I did lawn chores, and it didn't last a year. Revan wasn't found on Dromund Kaas, He was on a Prison Station in the Maelstrom Nebula.

Lets add in the factors. 1. Decay and rotting of clothing, If you want Revans actual Kotor cloths, we can give you some torn black rags. Who is to say they didn't replace Revans cloth parts of his attire?

Now then let me remind you this isn't about lore. The debate of Revan's Current armor staying the way it is(Bug fixes aside) is the fact they sold it to players as it was.

Would you like me to sell you a T-shirt in which I sneak into your house and change it by adding a painted Iron Man circle 4 months later?

Edited by Magnusheart

The fact is, this is Revan we're talking about. He is the most well-known Star Wars character outside of the movies, bar-none. If they're willing to go the extra mile and make his armor look more reflective of his actual armor in KotOR, then that should only be encouraged.

The fact of the matter is, there are a lot similar, if not identical armor-pieces to the existing Revan set. Couple the fact that the Dye-module system is also coming, and it will be extraordinarily easy to recreate the look of the existing Revan set, using non-Revan pieces. Really, the only distinctions are the mask (which shares its model with many other head-pieces), the legs (which, as you might remember, used to look completely forgettable when first added), and the belt.

Please know that I mean absolutely no offense when I say this, but I just sort of feel like complaining that the set is going to be made to closer represent its namesake is just complaining for the sake of it. For example, if they made a set of armor called "Darth Vader's Battlegear", but it didn't look any different than the Sith Raider set, except it came with Vader's iconic helmet, would you also have a problem with it if they later patched the armor to look more like Vader's actual armor from the movies? Where do you draw the line between "Buying something for what it is" and "Buying someone for what it's advertised as"?

I completely agree that it would be fantastic if they were able to maintain a separate "Classic" version. However, I think it's incredibly short-sighted to say "Well, if they're not going to add a Classic version, then they shouldn't make any changes at all". This is an MMO, and one of the biggest strengths is that they have the freedom to improve different areas of the game. We should be embracing that.

I suppose we'll merely have to agree to disagree. As for myself, I wholeheartedly hope that they re-do the set so that it looks almost identical to his armor from KotOR.

The fact of the matter is, there are a lot similar, if not identical armor-pieces to the existing Revan set. Couple the fact that the Dye-module system is also coming, and it will be extraordinarily easy to recreate the look of the existing Revan set, using non-Revan pieces. Really, the only distinctions are the mask (which shares its model with many other head-pieces), the legs (which, as you might remember, used to look completely forgettable when first added), and the belt.

Same model types, maybe. There is only 1 modifiable look alike in design for the chest. (Muse, etc other imp robes don't have the extra shouldpad) and thats the Investigator's. Another infected double hood item, And it turns into a bra for female players while Revan's does not. Also Revan's chest center is the only one to feature a breastplate, and not a white t-shirt like chest center. While the current Revan's Lower robe is the only one like it in the game that has mod slots.

People are misunderstanding that they think I wouldn't want a Kotor Revan set. I would, But it wouldn't be fair to the players who got Revan's current set because they wanted This While I am still hoping they would add the Maelstrom verison called Classic Revan's because if they used that top, and the old removed version of the lower leg item(which is seen on the holostaute) It would create the Kotor gettable version of Darth Revan's Robes in Kotor. But alas one could dream.

The thing which makes me think. "Wat" is when people say this version is non cannon. Really, if you try to compare Swtor Revan to Kotor Revan You can see they both share: Puffy shoulders, Bronze breastplate, chains on the torso, and re adjusted the big chain and red sash to a single skirt item. (If you use a mod on kotor to use revans cinimatic robes, the legs were built like half a skirt, half samurai warrior legs, and it was disgusting)

While the Differences being: No cape(which in Kotor was a stiff board) Sash and chain not being being closer to the crotch, the swtor belt wouldn't exist, and Kotor Revan's Gloves were armored. With people giving the current a bad rep because there is another set design which shared the same model type seen Here While they made a few similar so they didn't have to waste resources at game launch.

I'd be on board for a Kotor Revan set, if it was a different set in a different pack, so everyone could be happy(which is what im trying to do, get it so the both sides could get what they want). Those who like the current(with bugs fixed) and those who want one like that. So the main question is. Can we get Eric to get the Development team to not only fix the current sets 3 appearance bugs, and make a Kotor replica themed one.

Edited by Magnusheart

does match the armor shown in Kotor in my opinion.

It looks only roughly like Kotor, but it's not kotor.

Look, SWTOR Revan and Bastila:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6841/swtor2013051311362925.jpg

Here's Kotor Bastila:

http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/enc/bastila_leviathan.jpg

Looks nearly exactly the same, doesn't it?

Now this is Kotor Revan:

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/026/0/6/darth_revan_by_sticklove-d5st22c.jpg

Now when you look how closely bastila's outfit matches and then you look at Revan you wil see how it barely looks like it.

Lets LOOK at the checklist shall we? Iconic Metal Ring? Check, Bronze Breastplate? Check. Black Robes? check. Signature Mask? Check.

All texture, Pieces that need seperate models have none. And even then The textures are different enough. Gloves are no longer armoured, Breastplate is covered a lot more, (that's also because it's exactly like other inquisitor pieces, so it's almost like they used an orange "fill" tool on the center of the chest between the straps), Ring is a lot lower and bottom cloth straps got replaced by leather belts, also he uses some kind of huge crystal on a belt. And No cape. And the hood itself is a lot smaller, In kotor it was covering nearly his entire shoulders.

they probably did not consider Revan important enough to model him a unique outfit, so they just took inquisitor robe and changed textures a little bit. Seems to be the most likely explanation to me.

HAVE YOU SEEN WEARABLE CLOTHING THATS 300 YEARS OLD HMM?[/size] Clothes rot, decay. I always wore my favorite tie-dye shirt when I did lawn chores, and it didn't last a year. Revan wasn't found on Dromund Kaas, He was on a Prison Station in the Maelstrom Nebula.

Lets add in the factors. 1. Decay and rotting of clothing, If you want Revans actual Kotor cloths, we can give you some torn black rags. Who is to say they didn't replace Revans cloth parts of his attire?

So... He was in stasis that kept him alive for 300 years... yet it did NOT manage to save his outfit that was in stasis right there with him?

Now then let me remind you this isn't about lore. The debate of Revan's Current armor staying the way it is(Bug fixes aside) is the fact they sold it to players as it was.

Would you like me to sell you a T-shirt in which I sneak into your house and change it by adding a painted Iron Man circle 4 months later?

I know it's not about the lore. The lore is already broken, because he is wearing his old sith outfit (even though it's wrong), instead of a brown jedi robe.

And did I say I wanna sneak into your house and spray your shirt? No I said I want to sneak into your house and change the label a bit, that's it. And then get a different shirt with your label.

Sure I know some people want their "generic sith inquisitor guy" look on Republic side, so fine, remove the word "Revan's" from it, fix the bugs and leave it be. But make a proper Revan's outfit. One that requires no name for people to know, that "That's definitely Revan right there!" and give Revan NPC that new outfit as well.

And you could put it in new packs or some new cartel reputation vendor, I don't care, I'd still pay for REAL Revan's set.

And believe me Revan the NPC would definitely NOT complain about getting his original outfit, seeing how getting his old mask back alone was very beneficial for him if you know what I mean xD

Edited by Aelther

I agree, I'm a tad confused why they wouldn't add Classic versions of the Revan items. I dunno, perhaps they really don't intend on changing much, so they just don't see any point in it? If they plan on doing anything more substantial, I would agree that adding Classic variants might be advisable.

My thing is this; if for some reason having two versions of the armor just isn't going to happen, I would rather see them aim to be truer to the KotOR armor than not. They were obviously very vague in what all they would be changing, so it could very well *just* be the double-hood and the color. However, I would seriously encourage them to go even further -- preferably while adding a Classic option, but not at its expense.

Also, I found it interesting that you mention the Samurai-inspiration in his KotOR look, because not many people actually seem to have caught that. I have to admit, I much prefer the KotOR gloves over the SWTOR Revan's Gloves for that exact reason; the current ones just look like "a pair of gloves", whereas his KotOR design looks much more deliberate (not to mention, the in-game gloves don't even remotely match color-wise).. I also quite like the look of his cape; it wasn't animated in the original appearance, but I would think it could look quite nice in TOR.

My thing is this; if for some reason having two versions of the armor just isn't going to happen, I would rather see them aim to be truer to the KotOR armor than not.

Exactly why I'm arguing. Me and Magnusheart are both fine with having 2 different sets (well except for some minor issues like naming), but IF we only have to settle for ONE, I'd rather have Kotor One, while he would rather have SWTOR one.

it wasn't animated in the original appearance, but I would think it could look quite nice in TOR.

It wasn't animated if you got it in-game as a wearable item with a mod, because the technology was way too old, however it WAS slightly animated in the pre-rendered cutscenes.

Edited by Aelther

Exactly why I'm arguing. Me and Magnusheart are both fine with having 2 different sets (well except for some minor issues like naming), but IF we only have to settle for ONE, I'd rather have Kotor One, while he would rather have SWTOR one.

It wasn't animated if you got it in-game as a wearable item with a mod, because the technology was way too old, however it WAS slightly animated in the pre-rendered cutscenes.

If there could only be one set, then yeah, the KOTOR set should take the place of Revan's non-canon Foundry armor.

Having said that, there is no way Bioware would get rid of Revan's Foundry armor(At least for players). There would be major backlash and distrust in the CM.

It's only logical for Bioware to have 2 sets. I don't want to see only one KOTOR set, or one Foundry set. I want BOTH sets. I prefer KOTOR, others prefer the foundry.

Hey EricMusco, clarification please?

-eric

If there could only be one set, then yeah, the KOTOR set should take the place of Revan's non-canon Foundry armor.

Having said that, there is no way Bioware would get rid of Revan's Foundry armor(At least for players). There would be major backlash and distrust in the CM.

It's only logical for Bioware to have 2 sets. I don't want to see only one KOTOR set, or one Foundry set. I want BOTH sets. I prefer KOTOR, others prefer the foundry.

Hey EricMusco, clarification please?

-eric

There might be some backlash, but no more than they seem to face with any decision, I should think. So long as they also changed Revan's own clothing to the "accurate" version, I just don't see much of an issue arising.

Like I said, though, I'm still all for having a "Classic" version.

I DEFINITELY want mine to look like the original KotOR version. I wouldn't even personally miss the ingame version, but I can understand some people might. I really can't see why we couldn't keep the current one if the original were recreated.

HAVE YOU SEEN WEARABLE CLOTHING THATS 300 YEARS OLD HMM? Clothes rot, decay. I always wore my favorite tie-dye shirt when I did lawn chores, and it didn't last a year. Revan wasn't found on Dromund Kaas, He was on a Prison Station in the Maelstrom Nebula.

This is a silly argument from a lore perspective. Objects imbued with the Force can last thousands of years. There are examples of this all over the Star Wars Universe. If you played KotOR then you know that Revan's robes were an artifact created by the Star Forge, and were an extremely powerful Force relic.

Edited by Draeth

Well, since this thread was revived, I can honestly say with how it looks, they aren't going to make a new kotor themed set or alter the existing set, And they are just going to fix the current. now only 2 bugs.

As an update:

patch 2.1 Fixed Bug 1 of 3. Revan's Lower Robe is no longer brown on default. Leaving only the double hood and the light grey instead of black robes color bug.

The advertised name of the existing armor set in collections is -Armor of Darth Revan- Which throws out the idea of making a new set named Darth Revan to be more Kotor Themed.

With the set advertised/sold/seen as it is in the collections, Revan NPC, Blockade Runner Pack, Space Pirate Pack its safe to say they wont make alterations to the set outside of the last 2 bug fixes to upset the players who wanted it like it is now bugs aside, and its easier and cheaper of resources to just fix the current than make a brand new set altogether, which is 99% of their intention anyways.

Of course this doesn't mean they couldn't make a Kotor themed one in the later future, But I can say patch 2.2 will just fix the last 2 bugs, and nothing more.

Edited by Magnusheart

...After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2...

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

This is awesome news!!!!!

SO glad to see you are listening to the community and reconsidered the changes to Revan's Armor.

Two Thumbs WAY Up!

Toryn

Well, since this thread was revived, I can honestly say with how it looks, they aren't going to make a new kotor themed set or alter the existing set, And they are just going to fix the current. now only 2 bugs.

As an update:

patch 2.1 Fixed Bug 1 of 3. Revan's Lower Robe is no longer brown on default. Leaving only the double hood and the light grey instead of black robes color bug.

The advertised name of the existing armor set in collections is -Armor of Darth Revan- Which throws out the idea of making a new set named Darth Revan to be more Kotor Themed.

With the set advertised/sold/seen as it is in the collections, Revan NPC, Blockade Runner Pack, Space Pirate Pack its safe to say they wont make alterations to the set outside of the last 2 bug fixes to upset the players who wanted it like it is now bugs aside, and its easier and cheaper of resources to just fix the current than make a brand new set altogether, which is 99% of their intention anyways.

Of course this doesn't mean they couldn't make a Kotor themed one in the later future, But I can say patch 2.2 will just fix the last 2 bugs, and nothing more.

Honestly, none of us have any more information than the post from the Devs here. We're all speculating.

Perhaps the best thing to do, then, is alter the existing Armor of Darth Revan to take on his KotOR-appearance (since they clearly are fine with making all-new models for the game, as they've done with the other KotOR-related sets), and use the existing *graphics* and apply them to a new set. They said that they're opposed to splitting the sets up into "Normal and Classic", but there's no reason they couldn't take the classic items and make them into a new "Foundry Armor-Set", either.

I dunno what the best solution would be or anything, but I definitely think there *are* solutions. I'm not 100% convinced, but I'm definitely *hopeful* that they'll just re-do the set to match his KotOR gear.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

This is awesome news!!!!!

SO glad to see you are listening to the community and reconsidered the changes to Revan's Armor.

Two Thumbs WAY Up!

Toryn

Was this sarcasm? As nothing has been done to fix this on the PTS.

As of writing this, in the PTS 2.2 update. There has been nothing fixed to the armor. No Double Hood Fix, no light grey color bug fix. Nothin. :(

Huh, that's.... disappointing. I suppose they *did* say that they were only "shooting for" 2.2. Honestly, though, they can take all the time they need, so long as they deliver on Revan's *true* clothing, instead of reskins of existing stuff :D

Huh, that's.... disappointing. I suppose they *did* say that they were only "shooting for" 2.2. Honestly, though, they can take all the time they need, so long as they deliver on Revan's *true* clothing, instead of reskins of existing stuff :D

There is a strong difference between fixing appearance bugs and making a whole new set altogether. They can't add on to the current set any more than the 2 bugs. For Obvious reasons.

This is what was released, sold in packs, and made unlockable in collections interface. (2 bugs aside)

This doesn't exist in this game Nor does it have a right to overwrite itself over something that was paid for with money bro.

Edited by Magnusheart

There is a strong difference between fixing appearance bugs and making a whole new set altogether. They can't add on to the current set any more than the 2 bugs. For Obvious reasons.

This is what was released, sold in packs, and made unlockable in collections interface. (2 bugs aside)

This doesn't exist in this game Nor does it have a right to overwrite itself over something that was paid for with money bro.

We get it; you don't want the original KotOR set. That doesn't mean that the notion that the set *could* be changed more dramatically is somehow "not going to happen". We clearly both feel passionately about both sides of the issue, so let's just leave it at that.

Was this sarcasm? As nothing has been done to fix this on the PTS.

No I was being sincere. I was really ticked to hear that BW was not going to make a Revan Set correction because then they would have to release a classic gear set and an updated gear set. I'm genuinely glad they reconsidered. :cool: