why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

skiibyrd

You don't need to type in a different language. It would still translate as

WAH!!!!! WAAH!!! WAAAHH!!!!!

If you don't want to get yourself killed by Max-Geared players then you don't get the PvE items from Illum1.7 . It's as simple as that.

YouIre a complete banthas backside...

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be on the Western Shelf, but that doesn't mean it's a PvP event. It's also coming in with the reputation system, which is generally geared toward PvE'rs. The reputation system pictures I have seen includes the Gree and Voss.

With the HK event, I waited weeks until the rush was over to go to the Outlaw's Den to get what I needed. HK is an on-going quest with no end time. This Gree event will have a hard end-time meaning, if there is PvE content in the PvP area, I'll have to skip this event. This bothers me, because I enjoy PvE content and have long since stopped going into warzones. I've had players try to initiate open world fighting by jumping into my mobs and hoping I click on their companion or my companion attacks. It is really, really annoying when I'm trying to complete my PvE quests. If I wanted to PvP, I would flag myself.

In short, with the information at hand, it's hard to know with one-hundred percent certainty that is PvE content in a PvP area or a purely PvP event. If this is purely a PvP event, then I can skip it quite happily. If it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I will skip the event, but I will not be happy about it.

Indeed it's a PvP reputation, although the other reputations are likely to be more PvE, but they Ilum bit is PvP (it is PvP to PvE effectively, but that is still what it is).

It' seems similar to what WoW has, which isn't really what most PvPers want from "RvR" (rather something more like WAR or DAoC), but it's still PvP.

What you're asking for is like going into the Monsterplay zone in LOTRO and then saying you don't want to PvP. :confused:

well i give up this... i wil just enjoy the rant of a majority of players who will be pssed of the fact that they cant get the new PvE gear only because there are some idiots who kill them all the time with their overgear....

im log-into game now and enjoy my PvE class and planet missions...bye bye

What you're asking for is like going into the Monsterplay zone in LOTRO and then saying you don't want to PvP. :confused:

I have no idea what your LOTRO example is, I simply don't want to go into a PvP area to get PvE rewards. I don't like PvP outside of warzones and, even then, I don't go into warzones anymore. Haven't for months and have absolutely no desire to.

Again, if it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I'll skip it, but I will not be happy about it.

Edited by irishfino

well i give up this... i wil just enjoy the rant of a majority of players who will be pssed of the fact that they cant get the new PvE gear only because there are some idiots who kill them all the time with their overgear....

im log-into game now and enjoy my PvE class and planet missions...bye bye

No worries. As soon as I get home I'll log in and enjoy some challenging content with my Bounty Hunter. Enjoy your easy carebear gameplay. :D

Yes there are currently dailies in Ilum, except of course that is not in the auto flag area so your point is moot.

Just because people are calling click quests PVE doesn't make them so. If they are in an auto flag area in my opinion these are PvP quests, and this is said by someone who doesn't PvP in this game and rarely goes to Ilum.

Wow missed it huh.Someone said Ilum was a PVP planet it isn't.You might want to try reading the whole thing.There are other planets when you go in a certain area you can be flagged.I never said anything about quest being in PVP areas.I was talking about quest in the PVE portion of the planet.

No worries. As soon as I get home I'll log in and enjoy some challenging content with my Bounty Hunter. Enjoy your easy carebear gameplay. :D

wow you're degrading PvE players by saying this... PvE is the focus of this game but whatever...

maybe someoen back in your life has hitten u to much often .. or u where an outcast at school and thats why u wanna take use killing lowbies as compansation for your miserable life in the past..lol.

wow you're degrading PvE players by saying this... PvE is the focus of this game but whatever...

maybe someoen back in your life has hitten u to much often .. or u where an outcast at school and thats why u wanna take use killing lowbies as compansation for your miserable life in the past..lol.

Hmm.. what happened to "well i give up this... im log-into game now and enjoy my PvE class and planet missions...bye bye?" Did you forget how to log on after all that time spent crying about forced PVP?

Wow missed it huh.Someone said Ilum was a PVP planet it isn't.You might want to try reading the whole thing.There are other planets when you go in a certain area you can be flagged.I never said anything about quest being in PVP areas.I was talking about quest in the PVE portion of the planet.

So why even make the comment when these guys are talking about the western shelf area? No one is suggesting you will get auto flagged, or have to PvP in the eastern side.

Don't understand the outcry myself, yes PvP might be forced unto PvE players now, but it's not like PvE is never forced upon PvP players, people shouldn't hate on the developers trying to get people to experience both parts of the game

PvE isn't forced on PvPers, you come into the game knowing you're going to do PvE to get levels (at some point or at least a VERY good chance of it). That arguement has always been and always will be one of the dumbest arguements. You're not playing a FPS, you're playing an MMO.

Hmm.. what happened to "well i give up this... im log-into game now and enjoy my PvE class and planet missions...bye bye?" Did you forget how to log on after all that time spent crying about forced PVP?

nah i had subscribed this thread and on my netbook i got notification.. u know when ure curious u MUST click XD

PvE isn't forced on PvPers, you come into the game knowing you're going to do PvE to get levels (at some point or at least a VERY good chance of it). That arguement has always been and always will be one of the dumbest arguements. You're not playing a FPS, you're playing an MMO.

In my view forced PVP is one of the dumbest arguments ever, because no one is forcing you to do the content. You have a choice.Sometimes the PVE only crowd has to be told "You're not playing a single player game. You're playing an MMO."

In my view forced PVP is one of the dumbest arguments ever, because no one is forcing you to do the content. You have a choice.Sometimes the PVE only crowd has to be told "You're not playing a single player game. You're playing an MMO."
thats why i said "forced in order to get illum 1.7 stuff"

thats why i said "forced in order to get illum 1.7 stuff"

And that's why I say "No different than being forced to do OPs or Flashpoints if I want that type of gear."

Explore the Planet Ilum to unveil a new Event, Relics of the Gree! A mysterious ancient Gree starship called “the Gray Secant” has appeared over Ilum’s Western Ice Shelf. Those who are brave enough will get the chance to help the Gree and face off against a powerful foe waiting in the heart of the Gree vessel. Republic and Imperial forces that finish this mission will earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly advanced weapon and armor appearances!

What did you think they meant when they said "Those who are brave enough?";)

And that's why I say "No different than being forced to do OPs or Flashpoints if I want that type of gear."

Explore the Planet Ilum to unveil a new Event, Relics of the Gree! A mysterious ancient Gree starship called “the Gray Secant” has appeared over Ilum’s Western Ice Shelf. Those who are brave enough will get the chance to help the Gree and face off against a powerful foe waiting in the heart of the Gree vessel. Republic and Imperial forces that finish this mission will earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly advanced weapon and armor appearances!

What did you think they meant when they said "Those who are brave enough?";)

what u say is that the game wil go pvp directions.. aka autoflag.... then i have sadly to avoid it.. and if many avoid the thing wil fail... only a small amounts of people who are like you who are into killing low geared players...

the same with brave and all they said about flashpoints too btw..lol

i stil hope on Red Eclipse we wil be able to turn off pvp-flag...if not.. for what is it called pve server?

It's called a PvE server because apart from a few places you cannot engage in PvP involuntarily, the western shelf being one of them.

Don't understand the outcry myself, yes PvP might be forced unto PvE players now, but it's not like PvE is never forced upon PvP players, people shouldn't hate on the developers trying to get people to experience both parts of the game

Yes, they should.

There's a reason why there are PVE and PVP servers. Players on PVE servers are there for a reason and that reason is they don't want to PVP.

Not hard to understand.

If anything they should do away with PVE and PVP servers and make it like it was in SWG. You want to pvp then go to the recruiter for your alignment and presto, you were flagged.

Here, in this game not only do they have pvp and non-pvp servers but there are many planets your faction can't even go to.

Makes little sense.

Edited by RikHar

How about this ( and i am sad and disappointed that I didn't see this suggestion sooner ) :

BW puts the event on the Western Shelf of Ilum without the PvP auto-flag

On a PvP server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff

On a PvE server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff.

In both instances, everyone is enjoying the event, getting stuff, having fun. On a PvP server, i would assume PvP would happen. On a PvE server, I assume the same. The people who like PvP on a PvE server could flag if they wanted and probably find others of the same mind set.

Everyone is still winning, no one is forced to do anything, people are happy, subscribers keep paying.

Any flaws in this?

^.^

How about this ( and i am sad and disappointed that I didn't see this suggestion sooner ) :

BW puts the event on the Western Shelf of Ilum without the PvP auto-flag

On a PvP server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff

On a PvE server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff.

In both instances, everyone is enjoying the event, getting stuff, having fun. On a PvP server, i would assume PvP would happen. On a PvE server, I assume the same. The people who like PvP on a PvE server could flag if they wanted and probably find others of the same mind set.

Everyone is still winning, no one is forced to do anything, people are happy, subscribers keep paying.

Any flaws in this?

^.^

I think the point of 1.7 was they wanted world PvP to be the big new thing. Ilum world pvp was a failure from the start, and most of the pvp community wanted it revamped.

Still I'm holding off judgement until we get some hard facts about whats all going to be involved.

And short of there being a legacy lightsaber or other main hand weapons as rewards, I doubt I will take part in this lagfest be it PvP or PvE.

Don't you need to toggle PvP flag to do PvP? It's hardly forcing if you just keep your flag turned off.

PvP zones which are on PvE servers auto flag you when you enter.

You have 2 PvP zones one being tat, and the other Ilum. Ilum being the one which had dailies and weekly pvp quests.

Edited by caveslug
typo