Aimbots? Cheating? Huh!? How?

Twilightbourne

Perhaps we approach this differently, Whoever You Are.

Mae'thon. You know, that guy who focuses you for lulz. See the sig.

Have you ever seen a flight unit in formation in GSF? And I'm not talking about the "school of fish" effect we see with target-focusing premades. I'm talking an X formation. I'm talking Delta. I'm talking flying patterns with a SF on point, Scouts flanking and a supply bomber supporting.

Nope -- never needed to. If I'm in a premade, we all know how to do our own thing and do it well. I've been in 8v8 guild matches where the most coordination we needed was calling out who's incoming where and who should respond to it. There's just no point in flying in formation when you can get the same results faster by flying as though you're solo with a few buddies nearby.

I know you like your mastered Flashfire. I know you like getting high amounts of kills or whatever, and that's ducky. Enjoy yo'self. But you know where that solo-first attitude is going to get you against actual coordination?

Generally, in GSF, it gets me several atomized opponents. Mediocre players coordinating just aren't good enough to down people like Large, Callem, Itkovian, or myself -- it often comes down to attrition or another ace landing the kill.

This isn't me pretending to be better than I actually am for my ego -- this is what actually happens, including a few matches today.

Edited by Armonddd

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mae'thon. You know, that guy who focuses you for lulz. See the sig.

Nope -- never needed to. If I'm in a premade, we all know how to do our own thing and do it well. I've been in 8v8 guild matches where the most coordination we needed was calling out who's incoming where and who should respond to it. There's just no point in flying in formation when you can get the same results faster by flying as though you're solo with a few buddies nearby.

Generally, in GSF, it gets me several atomized opponents. Mediocre players coordinating just aren't good enough to down people like Large, Callem, Itkovian, or myself -- it often comes down to attrition or another ace landing the kill.

This isn't me pretending to be better than I actually am for my ego -- this is what actually happens, including a few matches today.

In order, by paragraph:

* Wow. Keep it up and I'm gonna have to call you something else altogether. Been kinda personal for you today, hasn't it? XD Step into a Strike or a Gunship or a Bomber and we'll see how cute ya act. But ya won't. So moving on.

* 'Kay, then, you don't really know what dogfighting in the classic sense is, then. I suspected as much. But yes, classic dogfighting - and any actual combat pilot will tell you this - STRONGLY involves teamwork. At least, for a good flight. But what typically passes for tactics in GSF works here too since it's just popcorn minigame fare. Hell, simply lumping piles of bombers and gunships did wonders for a while there, didn't it?

Well, for anyone who didn't know how to break 'em, anyway.

* Four mediocre players teamed yesterday to take down Tolgid. I've been part of flights that have taken down everyone you named. Itk and Callem, in particular, I have taken down multiple times in a match. Please, please, PLEASE don't make the mistake of believing that just because YOU don't think it can happen, that it CAN'T. You're better than that, I'm sure.

See? All this. This is what I was talking about. We don't need to continue our conversations. You're more than welcome to chime in if you feel the burning urge (I ain't here to tell ya what to do, after all), but... forgive me if I no longer reply or take interest.

Good luck out there, guy. Whoever you are. -bp

* Four mediocre players teamed yesterday to take down Tolgid. I've been part of flights that have taken down everyone you named. Itk and Callem, in particular, I have taken down multiple times in a match. Please, please, PLEASE don't make the mistake of believing that just because YOU don't think it can happen, that it CAN'T. You're better than that, I'm sure.

So true. Focussed fire by itself is ridiculously effective. Most of the "Greats" that insist it's all their skill seem to cherrypick their battles. If they are "going after the other sides tough targets" thats amazing because it doesn't seem to do much.

* 'Kay, then, you don't really know what dogfighting in the classic sense is, then. I suspected as much. But yes, classic dogfighting - and any actual combat pilot will tell you this - STRONGLY involves teamwork. At least, for a good flight. But what typically passes for tactics in GSF works here too since it's just popcorn minigame fare. Hell, simply lumping piles of bombers and gunships did wonders for a while there, didn't it?

GSF is not "dogfighting in the classic sense". It does not contain the physics or game mechanics necessary to make formation flying useful.

Focussed fire by itself is ridiculously effective.

Just taking a Gunship example, but that's true with almost every ship with very little variation (it's just that it's the simplest to write down and conceptualize) :

Player-1 : Targetting Player-X *Charges Ion*

Player-2 : Okay, I have him. *Charges Slug*

*Player 1 releases Ion*

*Player 2 releases Slug*

PLAYER-2 JUST DESTROYED PLAYER-X

Player-1 : Now targetting Player-Y *Charges Ion*

Player-2 : Wait... Ah got him. *Charges Slug*

*Player 1 releases Ion*

*Player 2 releases Slug*

PLAYER-2 JUST DESTROYED PLAYER-Y

Focus is that potent.

But nothing can be done about it, IMO, unless improving the TTK so much that the game will likely not be fun anymore.

So true. Focussed fire by itself is ridiculously effective. Most of the "Greats" that insist it's all their skill seem to cherrypick their battles. If they are "going after the other sides tough targets" thats amazing because it doesn't seem to do much.

I am mystified at the pejorative affect you attach to "pick their battles".

I am mystified at the pejorative affect you attach to "pick their battles".

Well, by cherrypick I'm sure he means that all these "awesome pilots" only go for clear noobs to pad their stats, but... yeah. I've only noticed a few people doing that, and they're not on my list of really good pilots on my server.

And it's not like going for some worse pilot means you're cherry-picking, either. Sometimes they're the target in your area and you know... you should go for them. Maybe they're chasing someone else on your team. Even if they're flying straight at your satellite defended by a bomber on your team, are you just supposed to let them go in because they're new? *shrugs* I have more clear issues with spawn camping than with taking out some newer pilot on the other team somewhere on the map, unless you're just ignoring some clueless guy in the corner while your team is getting slaughtered by some good pilots.

Well, by cherrypick I'm sure he means that all these "awesome pilots" only go for clear noobs to pad their stats, but... yeah. I've only noticed a few people doing that, and they're not on my list of really good pilots on my server.

And it's not like going for some worse pilot means you're cherry-picking, either. Sometimes they're the target in your area and you know... you should go for them. Maybe they're chasing someone else on your team. Even if they're flying straight at your satellite defended by a bomber on your team, are you just supposed to let them go in because they're new? *shrugs* I have more clear issues with spawn camping than with taking out some newer pilot on the other team somewhere on the map, unless you're just ignoring some clueless guy in the corner while your team is getting slaughtered by some good pilots.

I am sure if you all keep working at it you will have no trouble rationalizing how killing nothing but 2 ship pilots in 90% un upgraded ships is the essence of being a good pilot.

I am sure if you all keep working at it you will have no trouble rationalizing how killing nothing but 2 ship pilots in 90% un upgraded ships is the essence of being a good pilot.

Yup, that's totally what I said. Good reading there. :rolleyes:

I have never used the roll eyes emote before. Good on you for allowing me to expand my repertoire.

Yup, that's totally what I said. Good reading there. :rolleyes:

I have never used the roll eyes emote before. Good on you for allowing me to expand my repertoire.

PVP forums will do that. The first time I ever used it was when someone claimed gear didn't matter in CoH's PvP

Well, I can say this: railgun and missile sentry drones ARE aimbots.

They have 100% accuaracy, never run out of ammo, and are a general pain in the afterburner.

I, frankly, cannot see a viable way to aimbot/hack the mechanics themselves; they are like the millenium falcon, dodgy as all sith.

I can say this, however, I have gotten greater than 80% accuracy when only using missiles (Pike) or railguns (Qarrel).

Did I get accused of hacking? Yes. Did the people accusing me of hacking know how to use their engine ability? No.

Apart from that, I don't know what to say, apart from the usual "a bad dancer always blames the shoes."